Are You Ready for Level 100? Gear Up! Level Up!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luperza Community Manager

By: Margaret “Luperza” Krohn

Last month on the first episode of EverQuest II Insider, the EverQuest II Development Team announced that we are working on a new expansion, and we’ll be increasing the level cap to ONE HUNDRED!

To help everyone prepare, from Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 at 9:00 AM PDT to Wednesday, July 9th, 2014 at 12:01 AM PDT, we are launching the much awaited “Gear Up, Level Up” promotion that was announced in Holly Longdale’s May/June Producer’s Letter. What does this entail?

All Access members will receive the following bonuses and discounts:
    • Double-Double Etyma in Tears of Veeshan (4x the Rewards)!
    • 25% Experience Bonus
    • 15% Off Tears of Veeshan Expansion
    • 25% Off Heroic Characters
    Free players also get some bonuses! They receive:
    • Double Etyma in Tears of Veeshan (2x the Rewards)!
    • 15% Off Tears of Veeshan Expansion
    [IMG]

Also, we will be introducing OVER ONE HUNDRED new Loyalty items for All Access members, and we’ll be making them much easier to find in our Marketplace interface.

We hope that you enjoy all the goodies! Don’t forget to share your adventures and feedback with us on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.

*Originally posted: https://www.everquest2.com/news/are-you-ready-for-level-100-gear-up-level-up
    Inaraha and Lala like this.
  2. Naudi Active Member

Thank you! :)
    Le Clown and Luperza like this.
  3. Zargreb New Member

Excellent !!!
    Dang I got 11 toons and 6 are L95. What to do....what to do. LOL
    Then its not a race is it?
    Luperza likes this.
  4. pzpz Active Member

Tomorrow's patch notes mention the loyalty items being accessible via marketplace, but not the "OVER ONE HUNDRED new Loyalty items" -- oversight in notes or new items not coming tomorrow?

Thanks.
  5. Eggfu Member

just please please please don't make the veteran bonus for being L95 disappear immediately on the cap bump :)
    Gaelmyst, Nslavyur and Suraklin like this.
  6. Enric_of_Neriak Member

I'm probably the only person, but I would like to see the 25% xp bonus for subs stick around after the promotion. I'm one of the few that wants all my toons to 95 as fast as possible then I mentor down to run quests and such at my convenience.
    suka and Naudi like this.
  7. Suraklin Member

I agree. Having the Veteran bonus disappear when level cap goes up completely sucks. I was hoping if levels were raised it would only be a couple levels like when the 90-92 range was done.Veteran bonus was still active until you raised it to 95 and had to grind another character to get bonus again. I have 11 95's now and the thought of 55 levels without my current 200% bonus gives me the heebie jeebies lol.
    Naudi likes this.
  8. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Wonder if the new expansion will be dependent on the ToV Sig Questline being completed. I still haven't finished that. Just haven't been in the mood LOL. Kinda burned out I guess. Haven't even made 1 AA point since the bump to 350 AAs. That question's probably answered somewhere, I just haven't bothered to look. More Loyalty items, that's a good thing. Wonder if extra DE take effect after the patch or kick in about an hour from now? Hmm..
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

I guess this answers the question of whether to ditch my 4th account (the only one not paid in advance for a year). I wish I understood what the rush to level was about. Others have mentioned how it hurts players with more than one account. I'd have to max 4 toons to get the bonus on each account.

I wish I'd known you all were going to raise the cap so soon. I would never have re-subscribed to my dormant accounts. There is so much content in ToV I find it incredible that people have moved all of their toons through it already.

And if we have to have completed the ToV Sig questline then I'm really sunk. I sure wish you wouldn't let a small group of uber players make us loose all we've worked for (bonuses for our alts) just because they burn through levels like crazy.
    Gaelmyst and Seefar like this.
  10. Estal Well-Known Member

Due to the massive stats increase with ToV you will most likely have to gear up in ToV before being able to survive in the upcoming expansion as they can't make it easy enough to survive in pre ToV gear or it would be hyper trivial for those in ToV gear. However I highly doubt they would actually require you to have done the ToV sig line.
  11. Axterix Active Member

Any chance of getting some sort of research speed booster added to these bonuses?

They can't really force you to have to gear up in ToV, not too much anyway. Once the new expansion is out, the focus will be on that, which means a lack of people doing the ToV dungeon stuff. At most, they could start off at the VI-Sig line levels. But I'd expect they'll have some easy stuff early on in the new expansion that will provide a major gear bump to the required levels.
  12. Kalmaraa Active Member

I only have one question about the level cap for 100. Will this affect veteran XP bonuses? I know nothing has been said or talked about it, but it would be nice if we get the vet bonus to stick for a little bit to help us get closer to one hundered in the end.
  13. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

What do you have to do to be ready for Level 100?

Push-ups?
    Gaelmyst and Seefar like this.
  14. Thalador Active Member

I feel as if I am the only one who is not excited about the level increase. All I see is 5 levels of marginal upgrades to spells/ca's. I feel as though a cop should be saying "Nothing to see here"... If there were actually something exciting related to it I would be on the bandwagon but right now, based on history, I give this a big Meh...
    Wirewhisker and Seefar like this.
  15. High Elf Active Member

With the level 100 increase you will have to buy another expansion to obtain level 100.

So, it's 5 levels for us, and probably about $39.99 for SOE, that's about $8 per level, plus all the cool new items and dungeons.
  16. Sucha Active Member

The veteran bonus is usually tied to max level toons so I am betting it will be the same for this expansion - once the level goes to 100 you will no longer have max level toons thus the bonus would not apply. Maybe they will be nice and allow us to keep it but I am not holding my breath on that.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  17. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Thanx for the update, Luperza. Maybe I'll be 95 by the time the expac comes out :)
  18. Voraga New Member

So what I don't see is if the new 5 levels will be a new expansion we have to buy or if it will be a monthly update we get for free... guess I have to hold off on paying for ToV for my 2nd account cause I won't have the money laying around for 2 expansion purchases... Would really like them to let us know which is the case

Voraga
    Thalador likes this.
  19. Loch Well-Known Member

Yeah, the loss of the vet bonus is going to sting a bit, but really, consider this: If they left it in place, you know that the bonus would be taken into account in reaching 100. They're going to craft this expansion to take a while to get through.

If they built it around everyone having a 200% bonus to xp from the get go, it'd still take just as long to reach 100. They'd just make it take that much more experience to level. And for those players without any max level characters, they'd be struggling to reach 100 on their first one.

Unfortunately, leveling the playing field for all players by upping the vet cap is the only way to make sure that it takes roughly the same amount of time and effort for every player to initially reach 100. It's going to be interesting to see if there is enough content for five whole levels as it is.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Marie New Member

Can't wait
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.