Are we the only class Without screenshots from a 50 test Zerk?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Ol'boy, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

From looking at the screenshots, we seem to have 4 offensive buffs and 4 defensive buffs that require conc.

Unflinching Will - 3 conc - Defensive stance with physical and cold mitigation.
    Destructive Rage - 1 conc - Group HP regen.
    Anarchy - 1 conc - Physical mitigation buff ***description says group, effects list self*** (someone /bug that on Test, please)
    Hold the Line (and replacements) - 1 conc - Reactive taunt proc.

So, if you are tanking, it looks like your choice comes down to losing some HP regen, mitigation (do these all stack?), or reactive taunts (no way to know which will be best until playing under the new system).

Unbridled Fury - 3 conc - AoE proc buff with +offense, -defense
    Tides of War - 1 conc - Group +Str
    Infuriate - 1 conc - Self Berserk proc buff
    War Chant - 1 conc - Group Berserk proc buff

To me, this looks like most cases when you aren't tanking, you'll use Unbridled Fury, Tides of War and War Chant (again, no real way to tell until actually using the stuff).
  2. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Anarchy does not require conc
  3. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Well, it does on Test, but not on DoF Beta (newer version of code)... Another example of things changing frequently and being unable to fully judge.

What about the self vs group effect? Or stacking with Unflinching Will? (Seems completely useless if it doesn't effect the group and doesn't stack, except for not requiring conc).
  4. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Only haste we get is from berserking.

Focus Rage master 1: 17% DPS and Haste, 10 % chance when you land a hit or get it
    Rage adept 1: 15.1% DPS and Haste, 10% chance when you land a hit or get hit
    Infurutate: app2: 13.5 DPS and Haste, 10% chance when you land a hit or get hit

War Chant: Master 1 (group): 21% DPS and haste for all group members, 20% chance when you (or grp member) land a hit or get hit

Right now I think Warchant should be used first, its a no brainer. I doubt infuriate master spells exists cause not even the adepts do, as the spell was bugged for months. I am gonna get the adept 3 of it then see, but the mere fact of a 20% chance over the 10, along with the whole grp, it seems a no brainer to use war chant.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 08-10-2005 10:27 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Lildoc Guest

It doesn't currently, but the screenshot above shows it now requires 1 conc. Please confirm whether it does or does not under the new system.
  6. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Forgot to add this spell to the screenshots, its a new one. No conc, lasts 15 minutes, can pretty much keep it up all the time. Its sorta like an intercession that procs an in combat regen.

[IMG]
  7. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

What about Focus Rage? Is that still used at lvl 50 like before?
  8. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Well, now I understand the 234 STR, I also like the paperdoll screenshot :smileyhappy: Berserker with attitude! I guess I need fabled gear... The problem is, you need to raid to get fabled gear but you need fabled gear to raid...it's not easy to get out of the circle.
  9. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"What about Focus Rage? Is that still used at lvl 50 like before?"

Rage and Infuriate are now the upgrades to Focus rRage (see a few posts above for the numbers) War Chant is like a group version of Focus Rage. Double the chance to proc too over the solo versions.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 08-10-2005 10:41 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Thanks didn't see the post. I really hope they finally add Infuriate to the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] spell books so Alchemists can make them.
  12. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

By the screenshots...
    War Chant is a 20% chance for group members to berserk when they hit and are hit
    Rage is a 10% chance for you to berserk when you hit, a 30% chance to berserk when you are hit, and what seems to be a permanent berserk effect.
    Is this the same on beta now? Do the different berserks now stack?
  13. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

That's not true, I know a few lvl 50 zerkers on test.
  14. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"War Chant is a 20% chance for group members to berserk when they hit and are hit
    Rage is a 10% chance for you to berserk when you hit, a 30% chance to berserk when you are hit, and what seems to be a permanent berserk effect."

No they both work exactly the same as far as i can tell, one solo one group. War Chant works for the caster as well cause he is in the group. There is no permenent berserk effect, the discription is a bit odd.
    The berserks are not stacking, the stronger one overwrites. You only see one berserk icon now, not multiple like before.
    For the most part I have been just been using war chant, and am berserk most of the time. Tested it with a groupmate and it worked the same for her, triggered as she was hit and when she hit the mob.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 08-10-2005 11:49 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-ZoracKzZ Guest

Hmm seems very nice balance for berserkers, of course haste will be something we'll miss 8(

Nother question i would like for you to test since you seems to be a very cool guy and giving us such awesome feedback,
    Waht about the HP/Poweregen caps, do the HP regen cap *as i read from moogard would be like 3xyourlvl for hp and 1,5xyourlvl por power) , do the berserker self regen let you be able to get over the cap ? or else would be pointless to wear ring of removal like i do, and my fellow guildie uses 2 of em... (giving about 30 or something like that hp / tick) i hope the regen cap applys only to ITEM regens, could you test that plz ? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Sambora Guest

So instead of giving us DPS they want to give us HP regen?!?!? So it's just going to take us longer to kill the same [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] mobs we have been killing all along.
  17. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Since November we have been the second best tanking tank in the game and have been doing top DPS. I am suprised it lasted as long as it did and it was fun while it lasted but I don't think anyone can be shocked by this. We were overpowered. As I see it now we are more balenced, we are far from ****.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

You're a tank, so obviously they dont give you more dps.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sambora Guest

I'm not looking for more DPS, monkey! I just don't like my char getting f'd 9 months after a game comes out!
    Message Edited by Sambora on 08-10-2005 12:21 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Stromulis Guest

Now was there even a need to post that?