Are we the only class Without screenshots from a 50 test Zerk?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Ol'boy, Aug 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

Remember that this is a screenshot from a level 43 Berserker with an un-stated amount of strength.
    He is likely unbuffed, with around 100str. Also remember that skills supposedly scale with upgrades much better than now and the skill can also be used to damage epic targets, meaning it's actually useful for me more than 10% of my playtime.

The Guardian's equivalent CA, Retaliate (virtually identical to Vanquish) examine's at 369-615 on Test at level 50, Adept3 with around 200str. This is a better number to compare.

Finally, remember that combat is being completely changed, including the reduction of NPC's health pool in general, so comparing any damage numbers now with those on Test still won't give you a truly accurate impression.
    Message Edited by Pin StNeedles on 08-09-2005 07:08 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-ZeroRavesOn Guest

Actually, yea, you're right, I was unbuffed and I neglected to mention my strength.

For the record, these were taken by a level 43.10 Berzerker, with 122 strength, 104 agility, 110 stamina, 68 intelligence, and 89 wisdom (unbuffed). I've got an attack rating of 686, mitigation of 56.3%, avoidance of 57.8%. My resistances are: 1593 cold, 1666 disease, 2097 divine, 1536 heat, 827 magic, 1576 mental, 1445 poison. When taking the screendhots, I was wearing full ebon vanguard armor, barring the feet slot as I was wearing jboots.

When taking the screenshots i had 1 +12 sta doll, pristine imbued ebon assault axe, pristine imbued cedar tower shield, pristine imbued cedar bow, FBSS, 2 pristine fashioned rhodium bangles, ancients slayers ring of stamina, pristine imbued bloodstone ring of stamina (not casting the buff), fishbone earring, and collar of the obedient
  3. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

unbuffed str was 234 for those ss
  5. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Thx Khalad very much appreciated, now the questions is, are they working as intended or as they state? How much testing has gone into them and do people think there going to work upon release or are we looking at anohter 4 months worth of the community /bugging and hoping that one day or update our class lands in there with some fixs?
  6. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Weapon guard drops after 3 counterattacks, no matter how much time is left. Does not say anything about that in the description. So far that has been all I have seen.

So far I do more dps solo then I used too, will need to test groups and raids. I am able to solo grp mobs that were impossible for me to before, and kill at a decent speed too.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 08-09-2005 11:52 PM
  7. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Do you think you are doing more DPS or do you think the mobs are weaker now due to the NPC changes and it just looks like your doing more DPS?
  8. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

Thank you khalad and all for posting screenshots! The info is appreciated. I have a question about STR (not related to the update). I play a berserker level 50, dark elf. Even if I don't have an ebon full suit, my gear is decent, I have some ebon parts, rubicite, everlasting parts, good jewelery, cedar bow, etc. I have 2 hex doll that give STR. I also choose the racial traits to increase my STR, but there is no way for me to have 234 STR! Even buffed! :smileysad: Can you please tell me if this is because I am dark elf or maybe it's my gear? I consider my gear not ''upper'' but still very good. Any advices appreciated. I can post a screenshot of my gear / stats if you like.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

He's a Half Elf, so no, it's not just about your race. It comes down to getting good equipment with large +str, and equipment with +str in slots that don't normally have +str.
    Big ones are Prismatic Greatsword (Deception - 38str), Subterranean Girdle of Might (K'dal - 24str), Gauntlets of Conquering (SotL - 18str), Vanguard Vambraces of Might (Vaz`Gok - 24str), Dark Underpaw Embossed Ring (Acts of War - 15str).
    If you shop around and only care about +str (sometimes give up resists, mitigation, hitpoints), it's not too difficult to get over 300str unbuffed.
  10. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

Thanks, Khalad. I'm a bit surprised at some of those numbers, especially Rampage and Slaughter. Sure am glad I recently picked up Masters for both. :)
    And crowangel, here's a link to Khalad's eq2players profile. Notice he's wearing five pieces of fabled armor, a +38 STR prismatic, and a +24 STR belt. That'll get you over 200 in a hurry.
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm?characterId=103168102
    najena.konk
  11. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

"Do you think you are doing more DPS or do you think the mobs are weaker now due to the NPC changes and it just looks like your doing more DPS? "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested in everfrost on my writ mobs and some group mobs like the golems near mm and mammoths out in the krathuk area. The group mobs are now triple ups, but go down faster. The solo writ mobs are now single down arrows. The con system has changed, but I am pretty sure that the mobs have remained the same. I went to EF first and not DOF so I could fight mobs i was familier with. The instant combat arts is what allowed me to do more dps i think, I could take one of the level 47 writ mobs down in seconds. I also did fast damage to the group mobs and the regens helped with the damage they dealt.

As for the STR, I have really gone after STR gear over the last couple of months. As you can also see, my agility is kinda low and is def something I would like to raise before DOF goes live.
  12. ARCHIVED-ZoracKzZ Guest

Hey, you gave us a great feedback, in fact i was very happy with this, i thought i would have to quit my char, but now im very happy !

I have about 60% slots with fableds and the rest is ebon/thulzite (depends on resists needed) and i thought all my effor was wasted, seems not ! 8D

1 question i would like to clarify is , what about the auto attack dmg ? i heard the RGF was doing only 60dps per shot ? wttf ?! !?!?! is that true ?

I have a rgf, a greataxe of dread a 1hs prismatic and a fabled dagger that hits for blunt (1hb) , will they suck now ?
  13. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Prismatics got a large boost, the damage raiting is now 64.9. The royal greatflail's damage rating is roughly 54.9 and the Ancient combine greatflail (my weapon of choice on live servers is 56.5 rating. The heal proc on the AC greatflail now does 77 where it did 560 on live servers (I am praying this changes).
    But for right now, prismatic is clearly THE weapon for pretty much all classes.
    Auto attack damage is much lower. It really seems to depend on the mob you are fighting. With blues, it will hit for a few hundred, one whites sometimes it only reaches to 100.
    I'm about to hook up with my templar partner and kill some tougher mobs so I'll have a better idea on group fights and such in a bit.
    Message Edited by Khalad on 08-10-2005 08:20 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Shurinow Guest

Some very interesting changes. Unflinching Will looks a lot better. It's going to take a LOT of getting used to, especially for a level 50 like me. Going to have to basically relearn my role in a group. No haste other than going berserk is going to be strange. I hope everything works before they go live...
  15. ARCHIVED-Darkdog Guest

I am very dissappointed that Anarchy lost its Proc. With Anarchy at Adept III that proc does a lot of damage not only for me but also the members of my group.
  16. ARCHIVED-Miller82 Guest

Hey Khalad,
    Was wondering how the regeneration was and the concentration points. did find it hard with only 5 or just need to use certain ones at times. as when you where soloing where you useing defensive or offensive?

Miller <The Unlikely>
    Najena
  17. ARCHIVED-Deeds Guest

Khalad,
    How is your power consumption during combat?
  18. ARCHIVED-Zyzax Guest

Khalad, what's your lvl of haste looking like, now. That really worries me. Without so much haste, the Royal Great Flail will be slooooow.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dak-Dod Guest

Thank you for taking the time to come here and give us a heads up on the situation Khalad. I am still hating the fact that we are losing alot of our offensive group buffs, I guess most every class is losing something so we can all be disgrunted together. Also still concerned over the issue that less warriors are needed in groups/raid then any other class in the game and if that role/s are/is filled where do we as warriors fit in as far as usefullness in a non-tanking spot.
  20. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Ok, killing some grp mobs with my templar friend, level 49 triple ups and large grps with no arrows. We kill a little bit slower on the trips, faster on the groups (as compared to live) but she barely has to spend any power healing me.
    DPS seems fine, power regeneration seems fine.
    Conc doesnt seem too bad. You either go offensive or defensive. When offensive you have the stance unbridled fury (3pts), a berserk buff (infuritate-single or war chant-grp, im using war chant cuz its a master and infuritate is only app2, so a higher value) and then you have to pick between destrutive rage ( grp regen ) or Tides (60 str).
    defensive you have the stance unflinching will, offending defense (roots u, when u get hit it counterattacks and raises hate) and your choice of Tides, war chant, destrutive rage.
    Rampage is nice.
    Auto attack damage is muych lower the higher level the mob you face.
    Mobs block and parry alot, expecially auto attack. The also knockback stun and stifle regularly.
    Weapon guard, anarchy, boil blood do not require conc.

Overall things seem ok. No doubt we take alot less damage but are still able to do quality damage. Have not needed to taunt at all with my templar in the grp, will grp with some scouts and mages later to see then.

Message Edited by Khalad on 08-10-2005 09:46 AM