Are Swashbucklers the lowest DPS of all classes?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kolt, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Redlight Well-Known Member

I think everyone in the EQ2 community agrees that Swashies need an overall increase to base damage and throw in some sort of class DPS ability ( like double up for AoEs ) I don't think that would be an outrages request but it just keeps being ignored, Gnoma'.
    p.s Parrot pet would be nice :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Altho Well-Known Member

We should be AoE kings like we once were, and yes a parrot does sound nice.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Nixer Active Member

Not from my Templar's perspective ... always been at bottom, will remain at bottom. The class offers nothing but hope for anything beyond what it has. But that's just 13 years of experience. DPS is a minuscule number that takes serious research to ascertain - lolz. :p
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Fixes that could be made to Swashies to make them more viable than current form;

• Advance Warning - Changed from AoE avoid to group DR. 15% Reduction, 10s Duration, 60s Reuse (120s Base). [Makes ability far more useful rather than situational]
    • Double Cross - Change Elemental damage increaser to All damage types. [Brings more on par with Brigs]
    • Marauders Vault - Add in Overcap Fervor as well. [So spell is never wasted]
    • Change of Engagement - Allow to stack with Brigand (So max 2 per raid) [Makes the spell not worthless if you have a brig]
    As well as these, my suggestion would be to provide Swashies with a similar ability to warlocks, which transforms their Blue abilities into single target spells, with a 20% base damage increase. This could be toggled on/off as appropriate, and would remove the reliance on large AoE fights for swashies. Numbers would need tweaking over time as usual.
    I had hoped this expac may have introduced some changes, but not until the proposed changes get rescheduled....
    Andric and Prissetta like this.
  5. Altho Well-Known Member

Lots of good ideas in there, I hope the Devs take notice.
  6. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Oh, sweet summer child...
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think i've raided with a swash since like sents fate in 2010, even then we were asking it to reroll for months until it left.
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

2-4 are nice ideas have issue with 1 though.

i'd suggest maybe making the change to advance warning as a supplement AA, so you can pick between AOE blocker or DR, sometimes you don't have a non-rogue AOE blocker up and it does come in handy i've found this expansion.

a good example is the firey stone golem type named in molten core and the first demon looking named in the other sol ro heroic zone.

AOE blockers are very useful when they are needed, i would hate to be forced to loose that functionality
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The problem on it is the 5 min base reuse. It doesn't really make it that useful in majority of situations. It then makes it completely worthless when mobs have unblockable effects.

Personally I think it'd be better for the class to have a consistently useful ability on a relatively quick reuse, vs a very situational ability on a long recast.
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

it's 2:30 minutes now with maxxed reuse, if you are not running 100% reuse on standard servers you have a problem, you also seem to not know that it's resetable by our reset ability so in an AOE heavy fight we can hit it in the first minute, reset it and then hit it again.

i mean look at priests they also have AOE blockers, that are useless outside of AOE fights, is that reason to remove them? no.

there's nothing broken or wrong with advanced warning, you can choose to spec into it or not.
  11. Altho Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Daggerstorm nerf, one of the few good hits we had is gone.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Still not going brigand.

Fancy Lad []D [] []\/[] []D hat > Robble Robble hat
  13. Vilento New Member

Is this being looked into at all by the devs? Not just the daggerstorm which is obviously broken, but the swashy uselessness in general? I'd just appreciate some statement so I can figure out whether i want to put the time into my swash this xpac or not
    Prissetta and Ruckus like this.
  14. Redlight Well-Known Member

I have never seen 1 comment, idea or basically any acknowledgement to any posts ever with regards to much needed Swashy improvements,even with so many ideas put forward by the community its actually quite sad, if its too much work then simply increase the abilty damage numbers across the board by 50% and go back to working on those classes that you normally focus on.
  15. Altho Well-Known Member

Thats really not fair to us who have played the class for years, we are paying customers too! We need a proper update, we deserve one after waiting and hoping all this time
  16. Wgrace Active Member

On single target -- yes probably.
  17. KaiskDarkPhoenix Member

So it WASN'T a glitch or mess-up! This is so angering. That was my #1 good attack. Now Kaisk is gimpy and relying on attacks with crappy reuse times (those elementalist ascension attacks. Waiting for Frozen Heavens to be used again is nerve-wracking. Maybe it's because I have them only at Journeyman and Adept) Have they nerfed Earthshock or Unda Spiritus Arcanus? Those are my tank and mage's best attacks.
  18. Altho Well-Known Member

Wasn't a nerf I was told, its just broke atm, I just hope its returned to us in an equal or more powerful state.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

He just wants a parrot pet to compete!!! Don't listen to this sneaky gnome :p
  20. Relanah Active Member

It's supposed to be a substantial nerf to single target damage, but a significant buff to AoE damage (4+ targets).

IDK about you, but generally, I like killing bosses better over killing trash better (Because trash is well... Trash. Hence the name).

I mean, it'll be nice for bosses with adds, but it'll be less consistently good for bosses overall (Due to how many solo bosses there are)