Are Swashbucklers the lowest DPS of all classes?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kolt, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Kolt New Member

Their brigand counter part seems much higher on the parse, and when compared to rangers or assassins, there is no contest. Casters also out dps them easily even enchanter classes. Why hasn't anything been done about this?
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Fairin Active Member

geomancers would be the lowest dps of all the classes, their spells take soooooo long to cast.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure this not a Troll post but you can't compare Swashies to Rangers/Assasins/Wizards etc etc as they are a diiferent tier of DPS and so the only direct comparison that can be made is the potential to DPS similar to a Brigand with all being equal if that makes sense, now then I would say PoP is the best Xpac for Swashies in an age but I don't know what you consider bad DPS but yes they do need more love xxx;)
  4. Fairin Active Member

oh i wish i was trolling =) the ptw was strong last expac. gotta see how it all works out in a few months here tho..

also its too early to say they're a bad dps with no one to compare them too inside their own class (i.e. you might just be the best!... the only one but the best! kind of thing, or second best seeing redlights character =)
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Altho Well-Known Member

I've struggled with mine for the past few expansions, I can't even top parse on AoE fights anymore which seems to be our thing in groups. Made my Swashbuckler when the 2nd expansion came out for EQ2, always loved the character and now I'm starting to hate him because he drags groups down. There is no point in having me in a group or a raid when you can just fill up on Conjurers or some other T1 class, I'm a 2nd rate citizen.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

Both rogues have poor choices for generating real dps outside of ascensions and a few AA abilities that everyone has access to. I main a brig. Our swash swapped mains early in KA to a conj (good call) so I don't have any good direct comparison these days between those two. On paper, the two rogues shouldn't be that far apart with probably a small advantage to the brig.

Going back to my first sentence, when I was beginning to make experts recently I looked at old parses to make sure I was prioritizing the correct ones first with my limited supply of rares. It is laughably disgusting how poorly our basic CAs perform on the parse. Honestly, I could probably skip upgrades on all but maybe 2-3 CAs and I'd barely see any difference in the long run. I'll look again after tonight's raid as I went ahead and proceeded with upgrades on many combat arts but I don't really expect to see a significant change in their relative position on the parse. With one or two exceptions, my top 15+ are ascensions, AA abilities, and procs.(I love that a basic proc like arcane rending ranks higher than the vast majority of my CAs when you look at the breakdown.) Oh, of the non-ascension AA abilities, daggerstorm is usually the top of the bunch. You know, the ability that every scout gets. I had to go down #5 on my parse to get to my first upgradeable CA. After that it was down to #11 followed by #15. Most of my CAs fall in the 0-1% category. (For what it's worth, the old ones ranged from GMs to Ancient.)

On long fights (anyone can knock something out of the park on a short ascension burst fight), there is an enormous gap between what I see from rogues vs. the summoners, BLs, predators and from what I hear, wizards who are comparably geared. I'm honestly ok with being behind them due to the debuffing we bring to the table but the gap is far too large in my opinion. I firmly believe this is because we have no unique abilities that bring the pain like the top dps classes do to complement the damage coming from ascension abilities. We have no primals, no assassinate/FFU, no hawk, no makeshift, no soulburn, etc. etc. None of the top dps are reliant upon ascensions as their biggest hitters. I'd love to see rogues get a bit of love either in their basic CAs or AAs that are unique to brigs and swashies that would narrow the gap between a top conj (for example) and a top brig or swash.
    Prissetta and Redlight like this.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

Channelers would be the lowest dps class.

I can't even break 1 billion dps
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I haven't played my Swashy for a while now. They used to be low dps, except some players had some secret figured out that I didn't. So I focused on debuffs/interrupts which worked fine since I was raiding at the time. I did see another Swashy in our regular raid group that did like 10x the damage I did and I never did figure out how, despite watching ACT every night and trying to see it. I never got friendly enough to ask. That was Ethermere in case anyone wants to divulge the secret. :D

In KA they seemed to be very popular. But I wasn't playing so idk. Brigand is always higher in dps though. Probably will always be.

Check the fervor of your Swashy, if it's not in the 60s, you're not seeing the real potential yet, not even for solo play. I have been playing a Warden with 2 fervor and I must say it's painfully slow compared to my main. I mean painful. The merc does more damage.
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

Thank you I could not have said it better myself, My daggerstorm also seems to be the only thing worth using many times, it even out does my ascensions which don't seem to hit hard half the time anyway!
  10. Altho Well-Known Member

I have posted before about the hopes to eliminate T2 DPS classes cause I don't see the point in playing a lesser DPS class, I would be happy if T2 rogues, could atleast do 3/4 of the damage that T1 does, but its hard to do even half at times. There are no T2 Casters, even utility are T2 chanters are topping parses, bards even outdo rogues, we need some attention from the devs for these classes, to bring them up to the proper desirable level!
  11. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Brig debuffs still matter.

Long, long ago, swash debuffs were useful because they debuffed mob offensive capabilities. Not now it's all about one shot mobs, 8 bazillion auto attack hits, and script mechanics, so swash debuffs are meaningless.

It's a good class for people who like to solo, but for end game group content, betray it to a brig.
    dirgenoobforreal and Azian like this.
  12. Leafa Active Member

I love swashies, and am stupidly loyal to such a fun solo class, so every expac I wait for the devs to throw just enough swashy love so PUG groups won't groan when the swashy says "Pick me! Pick me!"
    Samtpfote and Semperfifofum like this.
  13. Aran Anar Active Member

Here try this to increase your damage the fast easy way :

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4162433452

Make your main hand weapon a 6 second delay with this simple item found on broker for very cheap .

Increase the damage all your combat arts do with the weapon your combat arts use.

For my assassin I was stuck with 4 second delay weapon with about 640 damage. I found these on broker tried it and my main hand weapon went to over 980 damage . My assassinate best skill increased by over a Million damage makes huge difference.

Don't worry about delay in EQ2 on weapons really. You cast your skills as fast as you can click the combat arts buttons on your hot keys or spells or skills. As fast as you can click those Hot bar button is as fast as you will attack with your abilitys .
    Why even worry about auto attack damage at all no reason to nope. In a raid all I do is click my combat arts .

Weapon delay is for auto attack Only so I go 6 seconds main hand and 4 seconds off hand,.

Works PERFECT .

That should help have fun >.<
  14. Altho Well-Known Member

I will try the delay thing, I agree with you guys on the debuff thing, no one gets a swash for debuffs LOL I can't even remember the last time we were needed for anything other than hate transfer. Please bring our DPS up to a respectable level so that we may compete and be desired!
  15. Altho Well-Known Member

Delay thing did not make much of a difference for me.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

you never want to make your weapons 6 second delay on a swashie, procs are based on auto attack more hits means more chances at proccing.

right now swashies are pretty cool in the buffs area being able to with their epic, give ability doublecast to the entire group(if speeced into prestige box) and reset the group's CAs every 8 minutes and throw some free fervor for a few seconds on top.

throw in the debuffs you get on the rogue page and they are still useful for debuffing, but i'll agree they do need a pass on class specific debuffs.

when mobs are hitting for lots of auto attack a rogue regardless of type making the mob miss some autoattacks for 20 seconds (out of every 30) is saving wards and limited trigger defensive effects.
  17. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Just go to the market place buy maxed ascension spells, and hit them instead of combat arts
    Argosunited and Semperfifofum like this.
  18. Samtpfote New Member

Betraying to a Brigand ? Never !
    Playing a Swashbuckler means never to be on top in your parse.
    Live with it.

Playing a Swash has something to do with style and grandeur. ^^

If you want high DPS roll something else but never ever abandon your Swashbuckler for some more pathetic DPS and become a Brigant ;)

P.S. Could the Swashbuckler class get more love from DB? Definitely, yes.
    But i just stopped hoping for it.
    If you stop expecting something you can't get disappointed anymore.....;)
    Semperfifofum and Prissetta like this.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm not sure about this, but I think the classes rank in DPS like this (in descending order):
    • Etherealist
    • Elementalist
    • Geomancer
    • Thaumaturge
    Gubba Bump and Lucus like this.
  20. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Took me a long, long time to give in...

I wasn't really speaking to the dps part, was speaking more to the utility value of the debuffs.

Never considered my rogue to be a dps class, but a utility class that can dps well if played well.

I really fell in love with that brig after I finally made the switch☺