Are success/critical success potions actually useful for anything?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Rogue4Life Guest

I keep getting these Potions of Success and Potions of Critical Success. So I tried one, and it didn't seem to make a danged bit of difference in crafting at all.
    Crafting is easy (far, far too easy), so is there any situation where these potions are useful, or can I just destroy them and free up the inventory slots? I mean, it seems silly to have potions of success when you'd have to be asleep at the keyboard to fail.

Edit: I have 5 level-90+ crafters, so I'm not talking from inexperience.
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

i'd keep the critical success ones for use with the shawl crafting or any general crafting you want to get out of the way fast. as for the regular success chance ones keep them if you plan to create more tradeskillers and use them at the early levels.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

General_Info wrote:
    And I'd use 5 potions of innovation, or a potion of progress instead. The success and critical success potions arn't going to have much effect on crafting. I wouldn't toss them but instead would recommend you use them for casual crafting. Mainly I wouldn't toss them because you'll just get another one if you do the quest daily anyways.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

I use them along with a potion of progress when I'm doing a lot of crafting, such as making arrows, to get through the crafting session quickly. I'm not sure if they actually "help" or not, but I figure they certainly can't "hurt" and they are there so why not. Plus, I have so many of them and I really don't want to just destroy them.