Fixed Internally Are Solo Names Supposed to be Casting Curses?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, if you look back through the forums, that was a discussion back then. If you encounter one that is using curses, list the name of the mob so that Chrol or somebody can look at it. Bonus if you can catch the name of the curse.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Ok, I'll make a note on the next character I take through the sig line there. Probably can't get the name of the curse (things happening too quickly), but will try.

Thanks, Siggy.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ercel Bloodpaw in Sambata Village [Solo] is also using curses.

And I just caught a curse from a group of random Sambata trash, too.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

You disagreed with me but made my point. If aligned properly every class can cure one time. It's not something that I think was intended but it's correct information and might be of some use to the readers of this post.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying, but would like to point out that not every class has a choice of alignment. There are some non-priest classes that can only be evil-aligned, and they would still not be able to cure curses. The point is, there are characters who cannot help themselves in this instance, for whatever reason.

That said, you're right, knowing about the Mithaniel Marr miracle could be very helpful for those who have access to it.
  6. Chrol Developer

To clarify - there shouldn't be any curses in solo zones that, if not cured, result in death, as is often the case with curses in heroics.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

There is. Particularly Village, and it's pretty much instant. And it's not so much the named but the trash.
    Zynt likes this.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

No fix for these this week. At least according to the patch notes but y'all leave all kinds of things out of the patch notes anyway.
  9. Chrol Developer

Should be fixed as of this morning's update.
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The trash are still cursing me Chrol!! In Village.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, as an evil aligned arasai brigand...I have NO option to cure curse. I do have an option to cure other detriments though. There is NO merc that has the cure curse ability either. Once again, they can ONLY cure other detriments. So yeah, not all classes have the ability to cure curse. :D

Thank you, Chrol, for working on this issue. :)