are scouts running dps mod and flurry still?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by sonoske, Mar 22, 2017.

1. sonoske Active Member

can i get some of the top end players to weigh in on this. i am trying to figure out what is the best course of action to

set up my stats or my brig.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

There's been a dramatic shift to Potency being the be-all-end-all of EQ2 stats, even for scouts. There are exceptions. The Ascension class of Geomancer has a massive melee nuke. And Victorious Concerto still calculates a huge portion of its damage from melee. But the direction of the game is clear. Melee autoattack as anything more than a way to proc (trigger) effects on items is on its way out as a viable gameplay strategy.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

no not really but with some caviar
    if you are using frontal attack (aka not attacking from side or behind) you need about 100% strikethrough because most mobs in KA x-pack are brawlers type. If you are using positional attack 100% strikethrough no longer need but still you need about 20% accuracy to hit target, As odd this sound but spells CAN be PARRY or BLOCKED.
    Strikethrough is passed 100% down to pets or dumpfire pets (mean you have position self before fire them or have 100% ST)
    Procs still play some roles thus
    have 100 haste 100 multi 100 AoE
    Flurry not causing any procs hence - totally useless stat in this x-pack
    DPS mode - well I am not sure to be honest - for YOU it useless but if you are ranger and relay in your DPS on your pet than it may be make sense maintain 600DPS
    WDB - again not sure about it - but rumor has it you need about 2K weapon skills to reliably hit (read 100%) hit target INCLUDING Ascending spells (as I said they can be dodged, blocked, parry)
    As a scout you do need thou as close as possible to 100% double cast (ascending!) 100 cast speed, 100 re-use - both are really critical because Ascending is slow casting and with huge cool down timer spells
  4. Zelox Active Member

WHAT IF eq2 did stat deflation?
    Kioske likes this.
  5. Anatha Active Member

I was going to post this question, but now it has been answered for me...I hope. My DC is only 57.9%. I have casting at 273%. Maybe time to look at some gear with more doublecast.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Return will be diminished after you hit mark 75%SDA, I also not recommend use 6% SDA purple adorn from previous x-packs (this valuable slot better use for something else) so don't; get overzealous about it.. But if you can get adorn for cloak with 5 fervor it also have some double cast on it (that is static fervor and really worth it)
  7. Observing Active Member

You should definitely have the 6% shoulder and 5% cloak doublecast runes, even without fervor. There is nothing better to put in those slots
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

how about 4 fervor adorn
    Or 250k life/25% life one
    or 100K AMOD? :D
  9. Fairin Active Member

100k ability mod takes 2 purple slots (armor perfered)
    250k +25% hp takes 3 slots
    4 fervor adorn takes 3 slots.
    cloak takes obvious slot, this leaves 1 armor adorn to slot in belt. and 3 "purple runes"

3 purple runes of choice are. bolstered attributes, ethereal ravaging (replaced by orange soon) and astral dom / bolstered endurance

or i guess you could slot other weaker adorns like aoe auto or something... or well.. doublecast in shoulders.. maybe.

however.. i like hp. lots.. and lots of hp