Are Rangers still T1 DPS?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Lotusd, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Lotusd Guest

Was reading all the board and seems rangers have been moved to t2-t3??
    is that correct?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wil81115 Guest

with upgrading your gear, your bow, your CA's, your debuffs, using right teir ammo, good poisons, you bet we can be...
  3. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

No. After LU24 we will still not be, but our dps not bad either. The bad part is we bring nothing else to the table so the difference has more impact than it might otherwise.
    There are no more "damage" tiers (according to SOE) so now we are just an underpowered, expensive pure damage class. That being said, we're in sniffing distance of the top just not at the top.
  4. ARCHIVED-jrisley69 Guest

i average anywhere from 900-1500dps in a raid setting. On dps parse with top 8 being listed i've hit #1 a few times, 2-3 pretty consistently. It all depends on taking advantage of your spells and AA's.
  5. ARCHIVED-SIlly Muffin Guest

1500 dps?? You must have a bug in your parser. Even the fully buffed and fabled/masters Assassins in my guild dont get that kind of raid DPS unless it is a 3s fight.

Muffin
  6. ARCHIVED-jrisley69 Guest

Debuffs, my guild is very good at debuffin the mob so i hit harder. With criticals, on just regular Auto-attack, i can hit on average of 3-3.5k, + procs, plus poisons, Do a CA/AA attack cycle and you got a constant stream of damage poppin out.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jblaze2 Guest

EDIT: don't feel like having to argue
    Message Edited by Jblaze2 on 06-14-2006 10:43 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

Thats not t1 dps sorry man......... Well at least in disso its not.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

And that's why Disso has no love for rangers. Not knockin it, they're just basing their requirements purely on practical effectiveness, and due to current mechanics, rangers cannot achieve the level of DPS that other so-called T1 classes can.
    Which is fine by me, but I'm not a hardcore raider and never will be. I do feel bad for ppl who are, and have ended up fighting a battle they can't win. (Like you, Axkiva... it must suck to stick your chosen class in the backseat b/c of game changes.)
  10. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Before LU24:

T0: Conjurors, Necromancers

T1: Assassins, Wizards, Brigands, Swashbucklers

T2: Warlocks, Rangers

After LU24:

We shall see.

Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 06-15-2006 06:26 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

900-1500 dps is not T1. I'm in that range (raid buffed self/debuffed mobs) and many classes can beat that. But we'll see after LU24, it might change the landscape some.
  12. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Here is something for you rangers. I bring you laughter.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=23&message.id=24837#M24837

Spoken like a true forum wizard.

Message Edited by SmEaGoLLuM86 on 06-15-2006 06:48 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

Well played zerker and bruiser will own well played warlocks and rangers also.

Jay its all good man i made the choice myself and i dont regret it. I like playing zerker allot. Its so much easier to go out and have fun in a non raid situation as a zerker i cant even begin to explain it.
    My biggest factor was that i went from being very important in the outcome to the raid ie(poets palace return without a ring) to everyone asking what purpose a ranger has in a raid setting now. We should be in the same line as an assassin there shouldnt be as big of gap as there is. I just dislike what they have done to the class and the lack of trying to improve it.
    I think back to t5! There we werent ubber dps! However we were important as most of the contested fights were joust fights. While everyone was runing in and out i was drilling it safely outside the ae. IMHO what a ranger should be! Why in the hell would any type of archer be an archer if they had to run in and hit someone with a sword. Think about how archers are portrayed in like every movie you've seen, none of them even carry a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] sword :p
    I'd like an unarmed double attack aa. Or a % of ranged dmg boost if both melee weapons are unequiped. I would like the ranger to.......... o....... i.... dont know BE RANGED :) So not only am i disapointed in the way rangers work atm but everyone knows if you dont sit in the sweet spot and use your melee you wont stay up with the parse either and imo thats not a ranger its a highbred type of melee/ranged fighter which i wanted to be a ranger.
    The biggest [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] i have is the fact that i dont even think rangers are the no.1 ranged dps class lol. The double attack works with ranged guys. A rogue, bard, warrior, brawler can all hit with two arrows or axes while your hitting with one. If we could actually get a rogue to answer truthfully i think you'll find a rogue with the bow from tarinax will do about 1500-1700 solo target auto attack ranged dps!!!! I auto attack ranged on my zerker with hammers for 800-1300 useing the legendary item from the claymore line. I love having a ranger and i wont betray or anything but i will continue to say they are a disapointment to me and that they need a revamp.
  14. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Yes, I was referring to the scout and mage dps classes though but that is undoubtedly true. They can definitely get up there depending on the situation and/or group setup - also monks.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

All of the problems could be fixed with a decent double-attack AA line.. So why do more utility-oriented scout and tank classes get them, but we pure damage class predators don't...
  16. ARCHIVED-Jay42 Guest

Jebus. Why am I not surprised to see this coming from the wizard forum?
  17. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

meh
    I read the entire thread and that was the only post like that in the entire string. One post taken out of context
  18. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

He means he is not surprised wizards are complaining other classes are better than them. Now, rangers are no way overpowered but yet you still get a wizard saying they are. That is still one too many. Saying they do T1 dps and saying they are overpowered are two very different things. Now it's not about the rest of them also saying rangers are overpowered, the rest of them are complaining about other classes, complaring themselves to wardens, comparing their roots etc etc. Basically you will get wizards complaining about any area they are not the best at whether it is roots or dps, and compare it to another class where that certain area is better than the wizard. Which is also why you see threads like 'we are not no1 dps?' and 'another dps question and complaint'. The list goes on.
  19. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Lets not forget that the majority of buff proc's ONLY work on MELEE.
    That four out of the five AA lines are biased toward MELEE.
    The final Int AA which is suppose to be a poison only works on MELEE.
    The Sta AA that does a AE double attack only hits mobs in MELEE range.
    That near every bow is a shadow compared to the two handers.
    That no signature quest EVER offers a Bow as a reward.

I could go on but I think you get the idea. SOE doesn't give a crap about rangers and have made the game for all the melee classes.
  20. ARCHIVED-IllusiveThoughts Guest

would that qualify you as a troll...mmm yes.
    This was an intelligent reaction to your trolling by Prandtl:
    Prandtl,
    lvl 63 Ranger
    Oasis
    I could troll every class forum and find people making comparisons against other classes, does that make the entire class a bunch of whiners. no it doesn't. I'm tired of people like you looking for reasons to start a flame war or put in thier 2 cents worth by saying *stop whining*
    A guildie of mine plays a ranger and I can understand some of the issues facing the ranger class. You dont hear me screaming for ranger nerfs now do you. So please the next time you want to use *forum wizards* or the wizard community, or just saying wizards in general with relation to rangers your referring to me and that I take offense to.