Are rangers now fixed?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-PeterJohn, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Did the new combat changes go into effect for rangers? Our raid last night had our ranger doing significantly more DPS than usual.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ademelo Guest

The MECHANICS are now fixed so they don't exclude us, but we are not 'fixed'.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZedArries Guest

after switching predator AA to 28%AEauto and losing poison proc i parsed a training dummy grp.
    before the hotfix the fight starts parsing over 150k, but to the end it settled down to around 24k-26k overall (till last dummy is down). now the parse for the full fight till all dummys are down is around 30-33k ... but i only have 2% flurry, maybe in raids through flurry-buffs it goes up more. will test this on next raid.
    i think its better, but we'r not on par with assas yet.
  4. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

ZedArries wrote:
    Do you really want to DPS as high as assassins, but from range and little worry about jousting or AoE?
    I hope that is not your goal. If so, rangers will become the SK of Sentinal's Fate.
    In our raid last night, ranger parsed significantly higher than usual. Battle Cry was given to ranger too, now that he could take advantage of the flurry buff.
  5. ARCHIVED-ZedArries Guest

k, its been said over and over, but i try to explain it once again: ranger can not do good DPS if they stay on max range. we have to get into the 5m melee range to use our melee CAs too; if we stay on max range, we cant make high DPS. so we also have to joust every single damn AE! ... got it?
    one example: our highest DPS CA is the melee based *Bloody Reminder*
  6. ARCHIVED-Geothe Guest

The way I see it, this mechanics change was a way to normalize the baseline.

LOTS of classes are going to have DPS parses change because of these changes.
    So I figure, they will now be monitoring the DPS parses from scratch again to see where the new extreme differences lie and make adjustments from there in another round of changes..... eventually. lol
  7. ARCHIVED-Tobann Guest

Im wondering hos to get my Flurry up? I havent had to worry about it until now and I logged in today to see flurry is at 0%. Is it gear or buffs that get it up? or both?
    Buaf Befallen
  8. ARCHIVED-ZedArries Guest

have only found red adorn 2% flurry for shoulders. dirge can buff it a little with battle cry like mentioned above ... nothing else?
  9. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    I see you have zero knowledge on the Ranger class, maybe you should learn the class or at least attempt to educate yourself on how Rangers actually work so you dont sound like a typical idiot.
    Yes I want to DPS as high as assassins, Rangers WERE SUPPOSED to be able to compete with Assassins, hence why we are there counterpart, and the "other" Predator class. We were both supposed to be equal T1 DPS - yes from the start.
    There is not 1 Ranger world wide that can do top DPS from 100% ranged, we HAVE to be within 5m of the mob - just like Assassins, to do our top DPS, we have to stay in with the melee and we have to joust with the melee, we have almost as many melee CAs as we do ranged CAs - so to stay ranged we would lose 35-40% of our dps - so please learn your facts before posting blind statements.
    And everyone that uses duel wield had significantly higher DPS than usual since they got bonus's to there offhand weapons.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    Yes they did, although I think the change to bow damage was probably too much.
  11. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

The others are right, our best CA as well as some other better ones are melee range and recast relatively quickly. So we can't just pop in, use our melee's real quick, pop out and get our top DPS unless we run in and out every ~9 seconds.
    the problem more casual guilds and groups are going to see is that auto attack got a boost, and you don't need a lot of skill to use auto attack. So lots of crap players are going to be mad that the crap rangers they are with got a relatively 'big boost'. Hardcore guilds won't have this problem, overall rangers maybe moved up 1 notch MAYBE 2 in DPS and mostly from AoE fights. Single target fights all I got was a little more 'buffer' room between me and the rogues while sitting at the bottom of the T1 DPS totem pole.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Nevermind it wasen't.
  13. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    I wouldn't say it was too much, but it might show how the distribution of certain mechanics can make it seem that way.
  14. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    Good god, please roll a Ranger and TRY getting a good parse from a safe distance. I have been hearing that lameness for years and such a statement shows no knowledge or thought.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rodahn Guest

The bow AoE auto changes seem nice and are welcome, but . . .

SoE is still not seeing half the picture of the Ranger class. Our single target damage and CAs are woefully underpowered compared to our counterparts. As already stated above, we have to stay in that sweet spot in order to get our full DPS potential (which is still subpar, compared to Assassins).

I am probably just wasting my breath, because I know why Rangers have not been addressed -- re-balancing us means also re-balancing Assassins. One class re-balance looks like a headache to them, but two class re-balances? Perish the thought. Never mind that it is actually good for the health of their game. Never mind that it would actually mean an entire class might be wanted again in raids and end-game content.

Rift comes out in a few months right? Well, I for one hope it succeeds. I hope it cleans house. It is sad that the thought of seeing their player base dwindle to even less than it is now will prompt actual change, but hey, if that's what it takes . . .
  16. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Hell no.
  17. ARCHIVED-Scillion Guest

Question, back when SF was released they changed all the stats and what not, i have not played in a while. When i was playing Melee CAs were doing significantly more damage than the Ranged CAs, we were expected to dance in and out of the 5 m. range is that still the case?
  18. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Artorus@Everfrost wrote:
    Ranged is now better than melee for rangers, they remove the 20% penalty off bows and with our myth buff we do more damage ranged melee than melee DW
  19. ARCHIVED-Scillion Guest

Thanks for the update. Still leveling so will be a while for the mythical buff, hoping to get the Raincaller soon.
  20. ARCHIVED-GussJr Guest

Artorus@Everfrost wrote:
    (Even though you need the Raincaller for the Eagle Talon quest line) Wait for the mastercrafted a tier or two after the Raincaller ~ lvl 62. better, imo, mainly b/c of the +str and +agi . (I use a lvl 82 MC bow now with the Raincaller looking super sweet in my appearance slot.)