Are Monks as avoidance oriented as implied by the dev's?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-NeVeRLiFt, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

I agree with you. I'm firmly in the all fighters can tank all mobs.

One possible solution is to pay more attention to MoB secondary attacks. As Monks can tank 1 to 50, this suggests that we can handle the DPS of 1-50 Mobs. Instead of increasing difficulty by how much damage the MoB does to the tank, increase difficulty by damage done to the WHOLE raid.

This type of damage is independant of Tank choice, as all tanks will encounter the same issues.

Fundamental problem with this genre of game is that its not difficult. MoB AI is extremely basic. It all comes down to a simple formula:

Kill the MoB before your healers run out of power. This in turn leads you to realise that the more efficient the healing, the longer the fight goes on and therefore the more damage you inflict, ultimately hopefully, killing the MoB. This is turn leads to your tank being chosen for ability to lessen the healing requirement. And back to the start, with mob damage > player hps, mitigation tanks shine.

Either they need to rethink this approach to toughening MoBs as suggested above or they need to create a raid class of mobs that is skewed to Avoidance tanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-IrulanDunedancer Guest

If we wind up with Vex Thal, EQ2 style, I'm going to cry.