Are mobs in general nerfed? Or am I OP?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Mesander, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Mesander Member

So I have been playing with a friend on FG for a while now. One thing we've both noticed is as we slowly level nothing seems to be too hard for us to take down. We are both low-level (35) and are currently progressing through the quest lines in Enchanted Lands. I am playing a Paladin and my friend is playing a Fury. I have 75AAs on my Paladin currently. I found it interesting last night that the two of us were able to take down Cragshell (39 Heroic ^^^) and Baz'Tarog (40 Heroic ^^^) for Foomby's Stolen Goods HQ. I realize that there are no special scripts to follow with either of these..but if my memory serves me correctly in the beginning we would not have even come close to taking either of these mobs down with just two people. We took both of these mobs down with ease last night with mana to spare. I am just wondering if its because I am ahead of the game because I am slowly working through the content and piling on the AAs (utilizing my AA slider to not out-level the content) or if its because the mobs are nerfed.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I too think the mobs have gotten ALOT easier to kill. I started an alt and she is soloing a lot of stuff I never could have soloed back in the beginning.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

You have 75aa and are killing content balanced around having no AA at all.

So yes, you've become significantly more powerful and can kill things that if you started playing at FG launch you would not have killed at the same level.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Perhaps you should move on to Rivervale, The Feerrott, or Steamfont Mountains? When the mobs get too easy, go to harder mobs.
  5. Mesander Member

Thanks for the remarks! I think I've been gone from the game so long that I've forgotten how much of an advantage you can acquire over mobs once the AA trees become saturated with used points. Hopefully this will level out better as I increase in level.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Even before AA, I leveled too fast to complete all the quests in a given zone. I love the ability to chronomentor so I can go back and find quests that I missed. In fact, I find new quests I've never even seen before every time I start a new toon :) If you can level lock, you can slow down your levelling enough to enjoy more of the content, if that's something you want to do.

Even Back In The Day, the Foomby HQ seemed amazingly easy. I think I duoed it on my pally with my sister healing on her mystic. Some overland heroic names are tougher than others.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Game is way easier than back in 2007 (ie RoK release), I remember that Kylong named would 2 shot my warden, that a bad stun on an elder wyvern in Jarsath (or even in the swam) could mean death if serenity was not up; i also remember that going down in Nurga mines was slow and risky.

The epic weapon had 36 sta, 36 wisdom ...the current one has 86 and mythical 100.

We had close to zero haste,dpsmod, multi attack; most of it came from buff and minor haste such as the mystic dog buff actually mattered.

So yes it' extremelly/much/stupidly much much easier and people with open AOE usually solo pulling 10 mobs.

Note that difficulty dropped in several steps, gear was upgraded several times, the first big change being the one in which the consolidated the stats (ie SK spell damage became str based and fury one on wisdom). Another massive change hapened when the F2P model was introduced.

Anyway even in 2007 a healer/tank team could duo almost anythin, especially with 75 aas (most of us leveled without AA conversion).

If you want some challenge just run group zones, some classes can solo them.

The only zone for which you need a group is the orc fortress, your duo can probably clear it till the emperor but you won t be able to kill fyst who is epicx2 and probably level 45.