Are locks crappiest mages atm?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by LastActionJackson, Mar 10, 2021.

1. LastActionJackson Member

I hears that locks suck now after being T1 DPS for brief period when Decimation was OP. Decimation nerfed and AA not applying. Range of spells nerfed. Ready up resets not working. I hear reports from top guilds that for peer toons, Necro > Wizard--Conj > Lock atm. Dis true?
    Also the disparity will worsen after GU as pets are getting a boost to their DPS. Dis true?
  2. Goezer Master of Crayons

Far from true. Locks are still doing pretty well despite decimation nerf at expansion start. As for summoner pet boost, people reading into something that has been broken for a while and seeing it is being addressed. Summoner pets didn't even swing as for auto attack. Recent test shows low hit rate, and extremely low dps output from melee. But please, believe everything you hear from "Top Guilds" without verifying any information.
    Xianthia likes this.
  3. LastActionJackson Member

The witnesses are credible. Anyone deny that currently, Necro > Wizard--Conj > Lock if similarly geared atm?
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If we have several LINKED mobs, warlock DPS is fab. I may not do as much DPS on the name, but wiping out the squads of linked adds in between? I'm great at that. Being able to mow down the trash speeds up the action for everyone, which I consider a definite benefit.

As for who does the top DPS on a named raid mob, it really depends on who in the mage group gets what buffs, TBH. My 'lock is not outparsing the assassin. Also not outparsing our conj, who is in the same group and has all the buffs. Are we equivalently geared? Pretty much, yes.

Ready Up isn't working properly for anyone, so far as I can see. One point in Ready Up seems to work better than multiple points. But it is refreshing spells pretty reliably... I could wish it would also reset Ascensions, but...
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

Warlock is top 1-3 dps Ingame atm. It is indisputable. If you aren’t, then you’re tragically bad. Any fight that is t3+ u can guarantee a warlock to compete for #1. Throw in adds and they’re untouchable. Basing any thoughts off input from hulda is a bad idea as he/she has no clue how to compete as a warlock
    Melt likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh, I run 2nd or 3rd, depending on the fight. We have a pretty good assassin is all. I haven't seen a raid wizard in a while, so I dunno if they got shafted in the AA changes or not. And I crush linked mobs.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Get solo to following mage stats:
    340k+ Potency
    16,5k CB
    538 Fervor on Cap (Fervor could be much higher if you get more overcapsupport)
    Castspeed/ReUse/Recovery at 100 (sadly recovery is only on old items but it has a huge effect)
    190+ ABDC (to reach 220+ with procs in fight)
    and you will be within top players if you get additonal support in a (raid)group

There are big unbalanced things in this game, but if you dont care beeing #1 or #5 you live much better with your class ;)

This addon has a nice itemisation: Higher resolve values offer higher stats and celestial items have lower resolve but are infusable. You have to reach the necessary resolve and it's your choice how.
    Xianthia and Goezer like this.
  8. Goezer Master of Crayons

Yep, it's crazy how that works. Folks will believe whatever they want.
    Melt and Beee like this.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

I’m sorry but with your 13k”ish” cb, very low potency, average to below average fervor and barely over 100 adc, that’s an indictment in the wrong direction.
    please stop offering guidance to warlocks as if you know what you’re doing
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dude, do you know what crafting clothes are?
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

warlock/necro/sin, end of story. A good wizard can compete, but not 100% optimal.
  12. LastActionJackson Member

I think there might be some trolling here in overstating the abilities of the lock. I parse high because I have all the p2w upgrades. But I hear that for other mage classes that are also all p2w, Necro > Conj -- Wizard > Lock in raid content. Locks are really getting screwed with ready up not working right b/c they have a DPS chain that should be most of their DPS, similar to a sin or brig.
    So many things broken right now. -- Decimation AA not applying, AOE spells that are now melee range only, Ready Up not working right, hate transfer AA does not work, high resist rate of Shared Expertise, Netherealm AA not working, Nerfing of Rift, and others. The class is going to be completely different and has lost its T1 DPS status.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  13. Matik Member

Seems like you're the one trolling? Instead of saying what you want to say you ask a question that you're not interested in hearing the answers to.
    Mizery, Goezer and Melt like this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Putting Conj and Wiz in the same category shows just how uneducated you are on this topic. The top 3 are warlock/necro/sin.

/thead
    Goezer likes this.
  15. Goezer Master of Crayons

It's quite obvious you don't have a clue what you are talking about or trying to say when there several Locks and High End raiders telling you that locks are 100% top of the food chain. Ready Up is messed up for everyone. Decimation is still hitting hard, Cata is in need of range increase cause 7m on joust fights hurts quite a lot. Continue to believe what you want to because it's quite obvious that is what will keep happening. You have several people here representing some of the top guilds telling you Locks are top 3, but hey, what do they know.
  16. LastActionJackson Member

I know at least two locks that switched to wizzy b/c wizzy does more raid named dps than locks do. I am confident that a wizzy should be outparsing a lock on single target mobs given similar gear and buffs.
    Who here who has posted actually raids endgame with a lock?
  17. Goezer Master of Crayons

Working on mine currently, Revanu has 100% and is prob one of the better ones I know. Melt plays pretty much anything and everything that's needed at a very competent level. If I have lock questions, I ask Rev never steered me wrong. I know a few others who bounce between lock/wiz. Wiz is just a lot easier overall. Almost mind numbingly so.
    Melt likes this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

Yes, Revanu is possibly the best warlock in game, and in my raid we have the best wizard in game. Lock edges em out.
    Goezer likes this.
  19. Draika New Member

I'm currently raiding with my lock and the conj, wizzy and BL in my raid are in the top 3 and the ones who get the buffs and have more potency. AOE is still very strong for locks but I do feel I have to work harder to parse on named fights.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  20. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

1. over under on this getting locked due to toxicity: 4 hours.
    im not in ur guild :(

3. in all seriousness, warlock vs wizard on single target are about even. as soon as you throw in another target or a consistent add, warlock edges out. at the end of the day, stats win parses, and there will be very very few instances where everything is consistent enough to get an accurate judge of where class balance is at.

you'll have to account for flametongue with wizard parse testing. 4 flametongues is pretty massive damage, usually about 4-5% of total rw damage.

doing single target dummy testing on my character, my warlock parses were anywhere from 5-10% lower ST and 12-18% higher on 4 targets than my wizard parses, (this is accounting for the fact that i have experts on warlock and ancients on wizard, an overall 32% increase) and thats not counting the fact that i'm rusty at warlock.
    If you're actually curious on what class to play, find the thing that you're good at and enjoy playing. if its a mage, it will be viable (unless its an illy).
    sure, 10% difference is 10%, but at the end of the day, the content we are doing does not justify making massive changes for that little benefit. its just not needed.