Are Devs Even Reading?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Tada2005, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tada2005 Guest

Hmm,

Ok, everyone has obviously seen the main flaws of the Necromancers so far and posted their 2copper piece. I haven't seen a single developer reply to any of these posts yet. I see them playing with the Guild System which, currently works, yet not perfect, rather than fix something that is completely broken. We have multiple spells that do not work properly, nor do enough damange, while our pets run from the mobs instead of attacking them, and our role in a group is about pointless. I get made fun of and told to go solo when I say LFG, yet I can't solo because my pet runs from the mobs or can't taunt. Going to make a quick list of the problems I've personally had and or have heard of from Necromancers on my servers.

1. Obviously lack of damage. We can stack every single dot, including our AE dot, and chain nuke, and never do near as much damage as a wizard or scout can do.

2. Our lvl 30 lifetap -
    Breath of the Unearthed
    Deals disease damage over time to the enemy and their surrounding encounter members, while replenishing health to the necromancer. has been reported broken. No matter where you are or the mob is, you get the message "Target is too far away" or you ccan't see target one.

3. Our pets can't taunt and when the are instructed to attack a mob alone, they run away from the mob instead of attacking it.

Servers are back up, cutting this short because I know the devs don't care and will get around to it when they want, they know the problems I'm sure. later
  2. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

i think by people continuing playing the class, the devs can assume that things arent as bad as posts like these make them out to be.

i havent played for a week ,and wont until they fix us or at least respond to a post with an ETA on fix. Seriuosly dude, you are the CUSTOMER, if you feel you are getting such bad service, either stop paying or play another game until they fix this. (like myself and other summoners have done) if enough summoners do this and /feedback their exact reasons for leaving, things WILL get fixed. its all about the money and if your still paying then they figure it cant be THAT bad.

but coming here and saying the devs dont care, then logging back into the same game your complaining about doesnt make much sense at all........
  3. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Good, that will be more Spell drops that I can get since you are not playing. Since you are not logging in then you do not see the daily fixes that are being run. Show me one programer that can fix a problem on a newly released game that is 1 month old, and I will bow down and kiss their feet. If you are one of those people, then maybe you should get a job with SOE, I am sure they could use the help since they have to take care of Numerous Games that they support.
  4. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Refuss I know about Beta, I was a beta tester, and I played a necro during beta. We found allot of problems, submitted the errors, and they fixed them. Do you use Microsoft products? Microsoft does the same thing, they create a product, sell it to the public, and then wait for the errors to roll in. They then Rack and Stack the errors, assign teams to troubleshoot, then they create fixes, and publish a update. This all takes time and it is a never ending process, and of course SOE is not just working on one game, they have several. If you decide not to play then that is your choice, keep your negativity off the forums of a game you are not playing so more important things can be posted by people who acctually want to help.
    Message Edited by TraceDAce on 12-14-2004 02:14 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Merciful_Shadow Guest

Actually TraceDAce, you are wrong. I know because I work there :p

MS prduct groups have full-time QFE (Quick-Fix Engineering) and SE (Sustained Engineering) teams working Lock-and-Step with the release teams. They are always attempting to look and plan several months ahead because otherwise you just und up treading water to keep up with the incoming bugs. Service Pack 2 was in development for well over a full year, and it's development cycle was running concurently with the development of the Server 20003 release and updates.

If SOE released mission-crital business software with the type of support and updates that they currently provide, they would be filing backrupcy within a year. Hell, SOE doesn't even listen to thier customers! Granted that those who use the official forums constitute a very small percentage of their player base, the majority of the issues people are pointing out here on the forums have not even generated a RESPONSE, let alone a fix.

And please spare us the fanboy rebuttals that SOE is working feverishly to stabilize the game. They made a fundamental change to the crafting system 5 days before release and it is currently more out of balance than it was before (visit the tradeskill forums and see all the posts from unhappy sages and other crafters that alchemists are severely unbalanced), and they have STILL not even so much as released a statement with regards to what they are going to do about it.

The patches that have been coming down the pipe are fixes for trivial and cosmetic issues that I could have hammered out by myself on a good drunk, and there has not even been a statement released about thier plans to fix the serious, deal-breaking issues. A good example of this was the recent change to NPC merchants and the prices for crafted items. That was something that should have been addressed when they were designing the game, not a few weeks after release. The blatently flawed crafting interdependencies are higher profile issues than how much a vendor pays for a gawd-damned vial of ink. Why hasn't THAT been fixed yet?

Yes they have several games released, but it's not like they have 1 developer or even 1 team of developers working on ALL the games. And it's not like they can't afford to hire more people if they are short on headcount, this is a billion dollar a year industry.

I love this game, but I hate SOE's treatment of the player base. We [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] and moan about this and that being broken, we beg for fixes, and then a week later they release a patch that alters things NOONE gives a [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] about.
  6. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

Merciful Shadow, I do not know what part of MS you work for, but I keep you in buisness. I have been in the military for 15 yrs and our systems recieve fixs from MS every flippin day. A service pack is a large scale update to improve programs and add fixs that have been reported, they come out every few quarters. SOE provides small fixs all the time just like MS does, and I am sure SOE will provide a large scale patch to fix allot of the problems as well, but you will not see that type of fix in the first month of LIVE play time. If their customers had to download large patchs regularly, they would loose allot of customers. They try to keep ahead of problems with small updates and after they have a large enough fix worked out and a patch created then they will push it out. I am not saying that is the best way to do it, but maybe it is the most cost effective way. Also if you work at MS then you know how the process works so you above all should know it is a tedious process. I do beleive they should be updating us on the status of the first large game fix, EA have a very good process to keep its customers informed, but this is a players forum, and as you said, ranting and raging in here will not necceisarily get the point out to SOE. There are other forums for that.

As for your Fanboy remarks, I have played allot of games online, I lean allot towards EA games, I have posted problems to MS as well, and I do not get a response from them at the drop of a hat either, but that is another story.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rhugan Guest

Not playing your necro while maintaining an active account will do nothing except continue to pad SOE's pockets. I hear people preach to vote with your wallet yet they are still here on the boards posting weeks after they alegedly cancelled thier accounts. The problem is for every account that actually cancels there are probably 2 more people creating new accounts. Voting with your wallet is a novel idea but doesnt work when a majority of the player base is mostly satisfied with the game and will continue to pay for thier accounts. Especially when those people also draw in more people through word of mouth advertising and get second accounts for spouses or children.
    IMO the only way to intiate change is to take a proactive approach to it by submitting daily bug reports, participating in live chats with the devs when they occur and anything else that forces them to acknowledge the problems. Allot of the issues are known and will eventually get fixed. Will it be next week? I doubt it.
  8. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

tracedace,

did you submit the pet pathing error that was in since day1 BETA? i doubt you even played beta.

you bring nothing to the OP.

you bring MS and the fact that SoE has other games to worry about into the equation.

i bring my negatvivity to negative forums, you bring your fanboy, everything is ok deal with attitude to the negative forums. can even call a post about the bugs and lack of responses from SoE employees negative?

i dont say the game sucks or group exp suck or 4 charatcer slots suck, im fine with all that stuff. what i am not fine with is a broken pet that breaks me as a pet class.
  9. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

rhugan,
    i take it you cant read because the quote you took from my post..... here ill just bold it for you.

reefus wrote:
    if you feel you are getting such bad service, either stop paying or play another game until they fix this. (like myself and other summoners have done)

then you post....
    Not playing your necro while maintaining an active account will do nothing except continue to pad SOE's pockets.

i submitted bugs i PM'd GM's, i /feedback before i cancelled my account. i didnt pay 50sum dollars for a broken class, and i refuse to pay any monthly fee for a broken class. and since im sure your next argument will be we are not broke i will form a simple math equation even you can understand.

ok class we all agree summoner pets are bugged/broken. so pets=bugged/broken.
    we all agree summoners are a pet class. summoners=pet class
    now stay with me here kuz this is where it gets difficult for some(devs and players alike) to understand.
    summoners=pet class. pets=bugged/broken so therefore summoners=bugged/broken.
  10. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Pets are bugged a *little* bit, they dance around, they are not broken. By saying broken, you are implying that you can't play your class, that is simply not the case for the scores of necro's who have fun playing their class regardless of a few minor issues you make into rants and raves.
  11. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

dude they are broken. i cannot play my class 1/3 of the time i solo because my pet dances around. i cant act as CC in a group and let me pet off-tank kuz 1/2 of the time, especially in dungeons, my pet dances all over the place, gets stuck in walls and disappears.

and when you say you are you implying ME, kuz if so you are as stupid as i think you are. browse the summoner/conj/nec forums much?

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=598

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=905

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=975

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=537

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=30&message.id=820

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=29&message.id=527

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=29&message.id=536

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=28&message.id=1199

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=28&message.id=1107

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=28&message.id=1186

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=28&message.id=955

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=28&message.id=891

i found these all in under 5 minutes NON of which were started by ME. and what you call "minor issues" many of us see as MAJOR issues.

so please take you complacent posts and put them elsewhere. at least i go around and post my opinions with others that gree with me, instead of being like yourself and trying to enforce my opinion on those who disagree with me.

and again NOT A SINGLE PERSON CAN MAKE A REBUTTAL TO THIS:
    if a healers heal caused the same bug, how long would a fix take?
    if a tanks taunt caused this same bug how long would a fix take?
    if a scouts BS caused the same bug how long would a fix take?
    if a brawlers combat art caused the same bug how long would a fix take?
    IF THIS WAS HAPPENING TO ALL OTHER CLASSES HOW LONG WOULD A FIX TAKE?

anwers at will, but i know the answer already and it is ASAP!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

The quantity of the posts about the same subject do little to prove your point. I know you have read all of these posts, so you know that they all say the SAME thing. You also know that saying something over and over again doesn't prove your point, since you have said that our class is broken on every single post in this forum, if you were to link those here, that wouldn't make your point more convincing. Please explain to me how 1/3 of the time it doesn't work. I solo and group plenty, and never have any trouble playing my class. There are workarounds to these *minor* issues and many people have posted how they work around it. Try applying their advice instead of posting over and over again how the pet dances around. EVERYBODY knows it does.
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 12-15-2004 03:03 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-SneakyJas20100 Guest

I think reefus needs to find some friends to group with. Reefus, I'll be your friend.... Oh wait no I won't. Get a grip, they'll fix it when they get to it. There are plenty of other things to do except solo. /grouphug