Are any tech reps looking at these threads?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Skwor, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Skwor Active Member

I ask becuase a review of all the posted reveals an extreme lack of responses. People have effectively been posting in vain given we are receiving no responses whatsoever to our inquires. What exactly is the point of the General Tech Support thread if the only people posting and answering are players?

Yes, players are a great resource however some postings here have common themes where the players have already attempted several fixes without success. Can we please get some response to these.

To name one, the client freezing issue which has been asked about here and other support forum sub categories.
  2. Coolit New Member

I was wondering the same thing as there’s no point in anyone posting if they don’t get feedback on issues that simply can’t be solved with help from other players.
  3. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

open a ticket to tech support, that is the documented method of obtaining support, if it a ingame issue then /bug is the correct method of getting the game play related issues to the Q/A team to check into a see if they can replicate
  4. Skwor Active Member

Can you please stop with the condescending tripe. I started in EQ1 and continued in EQ2, I am as committed and long term a customer as they have. I am fully aware of how to use /bug reports and support tickets. IF I had a problem with my set up I would have already done that. Try and review the issue I am talking about and what I have posted in the past and you will see it is very unlikely a client equipment issue unless it is compatibility which still falls on SOEs side to fix.

I am not looking for support on my machine I am looking for some communication on a global issue that started with the COE xpack and appears to be unique to the COE zones. That issue is semi-frequent game freezing and lock ups when playing in COE, most typically instances. Given I never have this problem in any part of the game outside of COE and it started obviously when COE issued, and several others are experiencing, this is something SOE needs to look at globally and not specific to my machine. As such this is indeed an appropriate communication path, at least it has been in the past and I am sure will be going forward whenever the techs get time to start reviewing these forums.

My guess is it is video related I just can't seem to nail down what exactly, typically I get a video lock up / freeze but I can hear the game is still continuing fight sequences. Oddly it happens most often during encounters and is almost repeatable in "The Dreadcutter." I will usually video lockup at least once and sometimes twice during some point within the instance and typically during combat. It is just never the same place.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Please do not think we've deserted you guys in anyway, we were dealing with alot of issues this week. We are back and I promise we will keep everything as up to date as possible. I check my inbox daily and please know that if you've pmed me, I will get to you as soon as I can. I just want to make sure each issue is handled with precision. Thanks again for supporting the game and let me know if you have any questions!
  6. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

you can open a ticket without getting into the game - from the website.