Archonix's Guide to EQ2 Equipment Proc Triggers

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Ixnay, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-12345 Guest

a problem for the "successfull attack". When an illu or coercer cast a mez, it's like a succesfull attack and some items can proc., that's ok. But when you cast a mez on an epic, then the epic is mezed and if you (or someone else) cast at the same time another mez, it's tagged "immune" (normal on an epic encounter already mezed) but it's considerated like a successfull attack and some of your items can proc and ... break the mez. Really annoying when every coercer and illu have to removed their proc stuff to be sure that they won't break a mez. For me, an attack tagged "immune" is not a successfull attack !
  2. ARCHIVED-jjlo69 Guest

so when are these triggers actually gonna work off ranged as entended in this post and is this gonna include adornments they say on a sucessful attack.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsertNeko Guest

On a successful attack Any melee attack, ranged attack, damage-based combat art This should read On any non-spell attack, as I looted a cloak thinking it meant what it said, only to find out it procs on melee/Ca's that i don't posses. Even though my spells are in fact successful attacks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arno24 Guest

I agree. The proc descriptions should make more sense as to what they do. At the moment they are extremely missleading to those who have not looked up what they do or parsed an item themselves. Also mabye items that give a certain number of Damage per Second, be reworded to Melee DPS? I know I've seen a few mages wearing items with DPS on them thinking it increased DPS of spells :) Also a distict differentiation between spells and combat arts (for classed such as crusaders and bards) would be appretiated.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Onra@Butcherblock wrote:
    [p] If you are talking about the mages who wear the melee amulet from the Deathtoll Access quest, then you are incorrect, it was chosen because of its superior stats when compared with the caster version.[/p][p]Yet another display of the questionable itemization and balancing issues of the game. :-?[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-simpwrx02 Guest

Are you serious the caster amulet has FT 7 or 8 on it, any mage would love to have that piece as FT gear if nothing else and 20 int is not all that bad. As a caster I deffinately did not choce the melee version as it is the weaksauce for mages.
  7. ARCHIVED-Metal_Starz Guest

The Imbued Dragonhide Bandolier says it procs on a "successful attack" but really only procs on a "successful ranged attack" It would be nice if they worded the stuff correctly.
  8. ARCHIVED-Janaka1 Guest

[p]Ezaeri, Sword of Rending from Nizara has a proc that says:[/p][p]On a successful attack this spell has a chance to cast Rending on target of attack.[/p][p] This does NOT work on ranged attack, I checked it last night.[/p][p] When will all the pre-EoF proc descriptions be fixed, or should be send them in 1 by 1 in this thread?[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-pseudocide Guest

Archonix wrote:
    there are alot of weapons with procs that by this description should be triggering on ranged attacks but aren't; talon's reach, right hand of the priestess, i wish i could think of more off the top of my head...
  10. ARCHIVED-RoXxer Guest

Please devs, check all proc items. Several items that should proc of ranged, are reported to not do so. This is really bad for us rangers... :(
  11. ARCHIVED-Tybr Guest

Me thinks that if the OP guide has been removed perhaps this post no longer needs a sticky yes?
  12. ARCHIVED-HBP Guest

wrong thread