Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lojaak, Nov 18, 2016.

1. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

What actually feels broken in here is how difficult the slime add boss is for a tier 1 dungeon.

Is there a strat to this that makes it doable for a group with sort of low dps and a non-shaman healer?

As of now, I know you have to stop attacking when the name has the blue buff. Takes no damage, seems to last infinitely if you attack while it's up.

But, when those adds pop, people die.

I have done this dungeon no problem easy peasy with a shaman and a high dps group. You wouldn't even think it's hard at all.

However, with other types of healers, it's a nightmare fail after fail. And if you add in people doing less than 100mil dps in the group, well, have fun! Easiest zone in the expansion (or one of them) becomes frustrating and a fail.

So, other than bringing a decent shaman and more dps, is there anything that people have found helps against the slime boss? I would love to be a pug hero, but unfortunately this expansion makes me want to quit joining groups unless I have grouped with the people before.
  2. Dithmir Active Member

For the slime add boss you refer to I found asking the group to stand close to myself (the tank) helped with grabbing the aggro of the adds when they popped. People tend to stand too far away and the adds pop around the edges of the square room, making it much harder to get aggro back quickly if they are not close.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Wanted to say thanks for fixing the projections timed quest, Chrol...I was able to finish it, the closure felt good. :^)
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

didn't work well. adds do a memwipe sort of thing where they target random person. anything else that people have had success with?

I have done this dungeon totally fine with a fast killing group and a shaman. I'm curious if people have been able to do this boss slowly with lower geared/non-uber healers. and if so, what is the strat?

killing the slimes individually when they pop did not work as more showed up before you could even kill the group of them. standing close to tank didn't work. singular focus almost sort of worked but still wasn't good in a slow group. if you didn't have to stop attacking so often then it would have been a win.

The issue here is, how are we supposed to have fun with people who are not quite at the same level as we are in these dungeons tuned the way they are? The only people who can do really well in there are people like me who are already mostly geared out of them and just do them for fun. People who may actually need an upgrade drag the team back so much that it makes the zones extremely tedious or a fail.

However, if there's just something in there other than the blue 'don't attack' buff on the boss and sticking close to the tank, I'd love to hear it.
  5. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

We were there in a PUG, I was there as Ranger. Our healer was a really good Warden, but that encounter, that wasn't enough.

We saw people getting oneshotted. 4 mil HP is not enough. So after a few tries I swapped onto Anghammarad, my inqui, and we tried it again. That try worked. Took a little longer due to some missing dps, but was doable.

In the end the Warden and I had 2 mil hps each. But there were no oneshots anymore with the left side Inqui prestige HP buff up all the time.

I don't know if an Inqui could heal that on his own. Worth a try.

But yes, for a T1 zone that and the final encounter need to drop Mythical+ gear. We stopped at the last boss trying. Adds spawned too frequently, sometimes 2-4 at once healing the boss.
  6. Moorefallen Active Member

Its the PUG life & the struggle is real :cool: I feel your pain brother