Arcanna'se Spire: Repository of Secrets

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lojaak, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Okay, so I have got my solo/AS rotation down to an art now. However, for the life of me, I cannot do the missions in this zone. Am I missing something?

I've not been able to find ANY accumulated projections, nor anything that makes the count go up. I know the quest begins when you kill the papery accumulations (awesome looking mob btw, love them), but I've run through and managed to clear most of the other trash and a named or two before the timer goes, and nothing changes the tracker count. I've backtracked and looked for things to click, and still nothing. What am I missing here?

The last two scrolls for the book quest are also nowhere to be found. I've cleared the zone and marked the locations of all the books/scrolls I can find (and if anyone knows how to help me to submit POI to EQ2Map I'll gladly do so), but I just cannot find these last scrolls, and I've scoured the place. Again, am I missing something?

Think that I have done all the other missions fine now, they were a bit of a struggle at first, but now I've completed both Adv and TS sig and got some AS gear, I've not had a problem (Although the timer is tight on the greater skeletons in one of the Torsis instances) - and I run healers so my dps isn't going to be top end, so they should all be doable by most classes.

So yeah, am I being dumb or is it bugged?
    Shmogre likes this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Oh huzzah, it's not just me. I ran into same thing, especially the accumulated projections. I kept thinking I hadn't killed the right named yet or gone into the right area...then kind of spaced about it after and forgot to post about it <blush>. Thank you for bringing this up, Lojaak.
    santargria and Lojaak like this.
  3. Cheesenabber Active Member

4. Chillispike Active Member

I can confirm this with the running back and forth there is just to less time to finish the timed quest for the scrolls and books.

I know in the heroic version the walking mobs with the pages around them updates the other timed quest, in the Solo it doesn't update when i kill em.
  5. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Your images aren't publically viewable so I can't see which scrolls I am missing.
  6. Cheesenabber Active Member

7. Lojaak Well-Known Member

8. Chrol Developer

Arcane Dissemination does appear to be broken in both the heroic and solo versions of the zone. We're looking into it.
    santargria, Lojaak and Shmogre like this.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have not been able to complete these missions either. Need a red glow of something a little more obvious perhaps?
  10. Chrol Developer

A fix for this will require an art build which probably won't happen till after Thanksgiving.
  11. Lojaak Well-Known Member

The photos posted by Cheesenabber are spot on for the book one, which is very doable. My advice for a first time try is to clear the instance, go to each location to be sure of where they are (I've also added my own POI to EQ2Map until I can get round to submitting them) and once I get to the last one, THEN I start the quest. This gives me a good idea of where they are to plan a faster route. The lab is where the first named is found, and the library is where Patches I and his master are, just click the shelves once you've collected the scrolls/books.
  12. Greeney New Member

Ok, have gotten 2 of the accumulated projections to pop. After you kill the paper guy to start the quest go in the next room on the right, click each of the altars in the room and they spawn a solo mob from each . Once you have killed these mobs the center altar becomes clickable and spawns 2 of the needed targets. Still working on finding the next 2 needed.
    Lojaak likes this.
  13. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Yup just took a look at this myself, and the weapon racks do spawn the smaller projections, then once they are clear the center one spawned 2 of the required ones. I also found that in the second room, only the racks with items on spawned small projections, and after that I couldn't click anything else. Cleared all the way up to the 3rd weaponrack room and checked in there but nothing in there was clickable (except of course the scroll for the other timed quest). Can a dev come back to us on this to let us know if it is fixed yet?
    santargria and Shmogre like this.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Same as the others: one room only spawned 2 smaller projections (not all racks were clickable), one room had all racks clickable and spawned the two accumulated projections, and nothing in the other rooms.
    santargria likes this.
  15. Brennen New Member

So is this quest still broken? It's after Thanksgiving and still no updates on if it will be fixed?
  16. KythosMeltdown Active Member

he didn't say when after thanksgiving. for all we know it could be after next thanksgiving with the new expansion and we don't have to worry about it anymore!
  17. Chrol Developer

Tomorrow's hotfix should allow it to be completed. My apologies for the delay everyone.
    Luciar, Lojaak and Shmogre like this.
  18. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this - I always figure since I seldom finish timed quests anyway that I just didn't find the items/mobs in time

This time I'm glad to know it wasn't me
  19. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Thanks Chrol. It'll be nice to be able to do it, just for the completist in me :D
  20. Grawl Member

Ok, so I asked a question about the scrolls and why I can't find them all and was directed at cheese's post.
    The problem is that it only shows 4 scroll locations. All 4 of those locations I already knew...

The quest is for 5 scrolls. 5 books, 5 scrolls.