Arachne Nests in Plane of Disease: The Source {Solo}

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by GVK2010, Mar 11, 2018.

1. GVK2010 New Member

Hi Folks!

Working my way through the POP Signature quest line and hoping for some help. Died like 6 times yesterday trying to get past Wavadozzik Adan.

Have read the Wikia and all of the online tips and tricks and they say you have to kill the Arachne Nests on top of the (4) pillars in the room or the Green Goo that fills the puddle will kill you. I can confirm the Green Goo that fills the pool does indeed kill you excellently well. BTW - mad thanks to whomever wrote all those wikia instructions. This game would be wicked hard without it.

My toon is a beastlord, and my character, in game, cannot seem to "see" the nests in order to kill them. My toon can target the nests, but my ranged abilities/spells do not work.I keep getting an error message that he can't see them.

Is there some special trick to reach these frigging nests? Like a ramp up somewhere? They are way up high on top of the Pillars...

Thanks!
    GVK
  2. Xilten New Member

Unfortunately to my knowledge no. You just have to keep moving until you can attack it. I had this issue as well. It was a real pain lol.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Have you tried just straight burning the name? Since you are having trouble with the nests I would try it. You need to be aware that an incureable curse on any player needs to be cleared for name to continue to take damage. Takes 7 spell casts.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

Just use your ranged auto attack , you will learn the positions where you can damage the nets with that.
  5. GVK2010 New Member

Thank you all very much for your kind responses!
    I just can't seem to figure out the ranged attack placement.
    In my humble opinion - they made this wicked hard. I reckon its mad easy with caster types, with their ranged spells. Thinking I may abandon my beastlord and reawaken my conjuror. Although the thought of grinding all the 3 POP factions with another toon is a bit daunting.
    Will try and buy some updated gear and try burning the named down next. So incredibly frustrating.
    Best Regards,
    GVK
  6. Chrol Developer

Just tested this on a beastlord with a bow and didn't have any issues targeting or attacking the nests. This was standing outside of the pit where the poisonous water fills up, close to each nest.

Are you using a bow, or spells?
  7. GVK2010 New Member

Hi Folks!
    Logged in today and was able to Target the nests no problem. Whatever changed I don't know, but thank you all very much!
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Drackore Member

Ranged is the best option, spells being second best. Positioning is everything as they are too easy to be "can't see target".
    Mermut likes this.