Aquiring Mitigation

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Boy Blunder, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Boy Blunder New Member

I am primarily a solo player on EQ2 but I recently had a few friends join. For the first time in years I have been playing as part of a group. I am having a real difficult time playing even in the lower tier Heroic dungeons In Kunark Ascending. I followed a guide I found on EQ2 Library on optimizing a tank build, but I fall way short of the 25K mitigation recommeneded for Heroic dungeons. I currently have 14K. I have done proving grounds to get some of the higher mitigation items there. What is the best way to obtain higher Mit gear?
  2. Treiko Active Member

I can tell you first off the first thing people are going to ask for is a link to your build or at least your name/server so you can be looked up. Until you post that you may not get much help. What I can offer is some general advice.

I am guessing since your mit is low you got your gear from the panda in SF. it's a good start for soloing but the panda is classist and does not offer much for tanks. Your best bet is to get some twark gear either made for you or off the broker, as you have a little more control there. Every slot has an option for mit on it, and that usually comes with HP increase as well. The worst part of being a tank is trying to have the mit you need while still being able to contribute to dps. My serker is built all solo and sits at 23k mit. Resolve is another big thing you need to look at... PG gear will help a bit with that but I'm not sure how much is needed for instances as I have yet to do any outside of advanced solos.

Edit: Okay I may have lied a little.. I have a couple pieces of better than crafted gear that I brought with me from another server... but for the most part it's solo stuff.
    Just a few ideas, I hope I was able to help a little. Good luck :)
    Boy Blunder likes this.
  3. Boy Blunder New Member

4. Earar Well-Known Member

one good thing is already to use like 90 PG marks to get 9 health white adorns from PG merchant.

Getting health up is always good. And lvl 1 white adorns of nerve are good enough and cheap enough to be worth the effort.
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

purple adorn for bp +15 mitigation
  6. maxximum Active Member

A few things I can think of:

1) Assuming you didn't get any ethereal tokens, get those last 19 levels on your crafting done, then do the tradeskill quest lines and get your grandmaster cloak. That won't give mit outright but it's a huge upgrade.

2) Drop the summer armour for crafted so you can use purple adorns, which will give a huge boost to HP and abilty mod.

3) Work on your epic weapon questline, that's at least 3 huge upgrades on the way.

4) Complete the 2 quests you're missing for the KA 'Frontier Tamer' achievement, which will in turn completes the 'Quest Ascension in Kunark' triumph which awards a http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Vylardin's_Great_Shield

5) Mitigation is the least of your worries at the moment. You only have 13k potency and 300k ability mod which means you won't be able to hold aggro off even the most poorly geared toons. It's probably a good time to get around that right now by starting groups purely to burn ascension xp. I did this on my well geared dirge a few times last week and we burnt through every instance in 2 hours or so. People won't mind a poorly geared toon coming along for the ride, you'll pick up a lot of free loot and won't have to worry about tanking.

Obviously the expac drops soon so it depends on how much time you want to spend on stuff that may be superceded next month, but I would at least get your epic weapon asap.
  7. Sudedor Well-Known Member

What other people are suggesting here are probably very wise.

More important than seeing a number and hitting it are understanding "why". For instance, you mention mitigation, but nowhere did you say you're having problems staying alive. Mitigation helps you stay alive, that's all. If you're having trouble staying alive, you need to find out what exactly is killing you. Is it physical damage? If it's not, more mitigation won't help you.

EQ2 is a very deep and complex game once you pop the hood, and you really need to understand a lot of those mechanics as a tank. It's one of the most demanding roles you can find, and not very new player friendly.