AQ quests

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Kuicksilver78, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kuicksilver78 Guest

Does anyone have a link on these quests? I don't know who to talk to to get started I'm on the Qeynos side.

Regards,

Aspen
  2. ARCHIVED-Jxands Guest

Bump.

I need to know where the FP AQ's are.

Thanks
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

The Qeynos one you start in Qeynos Harbor. A guy named Ian near the clock circle area.

I believe you cant start it till level 20 also. Im on the last part 6 now. Part 3 is by far the worst one.
  4. ARCHIVED-Donnie_Doritos Guest

The guy is in East Freeport, name is Dyric Pire at the bow shop
  5. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

Go to the Bow Shop in East Freeport, and speak to Dyric Pyre at the Forge

AQ1 involves killing a bunch of Fallen Guardians at teh ruins of Valmar followed by Anders Blackahammer at the Crossroads. You are rewarded with Gloves if I remember right

AQ2 involves going to fallen Gate and killing fetid teierdal, giant wretches, and mindless corpses - rewarded with a bracer

I just started AQ3 last night - requires you to kill a bunch of Constructs and something else I can't remember, all in FG again.

4 & 5 I have no clue about yet

Pretty sure that AQ6 involves killing some kinda wispy things in Nek Forest that have very low hitpoints, but AOE like crazy and come in packs of 3

Hope this helps someone

Beefstick Malone
    23 Troll Dirge, Lucan D'Lere
  6. ARCHIVED-Dag Guest

Oh thank goodness! I have two more crusaders to go and it was horrible trying to get that done on a Saturday.
  7. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

Ha wait till you see number 4.
  8. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

Number 6 freeport is no picnic either. 4 and 6 were just impossible to find groups for, and getting all 24 fairies is no walk in the park.
  9. ARCHIVED-iscariotVS Guest

ive found number 2 the hardest so far as the giant wretches were a pain in the **mods 4 teh win!!1!** to get. Number 3 is easy as all the mobs you need spawn in the same room. Gotta, admit, i got very lucky on aq4 as i went into edgewater drains and there was only 5 people there but all doing aq4:) Took about 2 and a half hours but we had a good group who stuck together to get everyones mobs. Currently on aq6 but hopefully ill get a group like before that is determined to stick together to get everyones mobs.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tinkersparky Guest

Is your name really Beefstick? That is SO awesome. Hickory Farms baby.
  11. ARCHIVED-pheonyxe Guest

LOL yes it is Beefstick, Beefstick Malone. Don't know why, it just worked :)

Anyway - Freeport Updates:

AQ3 was another Fallen Gate quest for Constructs - easy peasy - just need a good group.

AQ4 is a total pain. - its for shoulders tho, nice shoulders

You gotta go to Edgewater drains. The drains are below serpent sewer. You gotta kill a bunch of slugs, a bunch of contaminated rats, and 10 Murkwater Veterans.

The slugs/slime things are easy (you need 20 of them tho).
    Get a Serpent Sewer map from
    http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/maps.asp?ID=44

Enter Serp Sewer from the Sprawl (it skips Thieves way). Go to Location 09 on map. Soon as you zone in to edgewater, you are at the slimy things.

Then go back UP to serpent Sewer, and over to location 08 on the map. Go down here to do the rats and vets. Kill frogs if no rats are up, and the rats will start to spawn. You have to go a litle way in.

A bit further in are the Murkwater ratongas. There are only TWO Vets that I have found, spawning in a room. They spawn fast tho - about an hour will get you a ton of XP and all 10 vets.

NOTE: The Vets are the pain - For them you need Crowd Control and a competent healer, because the other murks spawn in groups of 3 or so. The vets are also ^^ lvl 24/5s - the rats are ^^ lvl 21/22s.

I just got Freeport AQ5, which involves Nek forest:
    25 torrent beavers
    18 dragoon patrolmen
    20 Nerius Crabs
    1 Gul'thex Elite Guard - apparently he is the REAL pain.

HTH!

Beefstick Malone
    25th Troll Dirge ExtraOrdinaire
    Lucan D'Lere

PS: Edgewater sucks to FIND a group for, so you will probably have to make one. Plan in advance..set a day/time, suck up to Healers, enchanters, and tanks :)

I am getting most of mine done by finding those who are doing earlier parts of the quest, helping them in return for them then helping me. Got about 18 people I call on now regularly to help any one of them out. Yeah I know thats what Guilds are meant to be for, but I am in a mostly crafting guild, when I am an adventurer...I got killer gear, but hardly any guildies to group with LOL

Message Edited by pheonyxe on 12-07-2004 09:44 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

With a competent tank, Edgewater is not as bad as some make it out to be. We were doing rats/drudges at 20, vets around 22 without any CC. When camping the vets, becareful of contaminated rats spawning behind you and everything would be cool.

The Gul'thex Elite Guard is fairly easy to find, if you follow the path leading to the beach (avoid all aggro from owlbears and shrillers), there is a fork in the road just before the stone pathway toward the sand, imho this is the best place to take him on.

It is a group encounter, as the Gul'thex Elite Guard has 4-5 skeletons with him. CC can be useful, but again our group took him down without CC and was little problem.

The armor in itself is pretty good til around 27-28, were the earlier pieces you picked up start turning blue. I will probably use it til 30, unless our guild armorcrafter gets to tier 4 equipment.