Apprentices becoming journeymen?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

One of my crafters received 25 recipes researched achievement but her apprentice remains a journeyman. I read this thread a few days ago so watching for the change was still fresh in my mind.
    It didn't nor has it changed yet (about 4 days now since the achievement).
  2. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Same thing just happened with one of my characters. Got the "25 recipes researched" achievement, but she did not change from journeyman. It is very puzzling, since I have a few characters that are expert and the rest are journeyman. I started them all researching the same day, so I have no idea what is going on.
  3. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

That 25 achievement includes skyshrine researched recipes, You'll have to get 25 from the regular apprentice before they'll turn to expert.
  4. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I did further testing of my crafters and found that although they got a message that they had researched 25 recipes, their titles would not change to Expert until they had researched 25 recipes from the original apprentice. The Skyshrine apprentices apparently count towards the the 25 needed for the achievement but do not count towards the title of Expert, etc.
    I also did not get a viewable achievement at either the message of researching 25 recipes or when the title changed to Expert. I did notice that the number of achievements did change to include at least the recipes researched (possibly others as well) but the visible achievements did not show recipes researched.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Oink@Blackburrow wrote:
    Only one of my characters has the skyshrine apprentice. The rest have the regular one. So the character I mentioned who just hit the 25 researched mark was on the regular apprentice, no change in title.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zahk Guest

Discovered completely by random chance but...
    If you have PLAYER titles turned off, you don't see the apprentice titles... if you turn them on... then the apprentice titles show up too.
    Would have been nice to know that months ago when I was trying to figure out why none of my apprentices ever seemed to get them, I've always played with player titles turned off to cut down on spam.
  7. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    All 9 of my crafter's ts apprentices are still apprentices, and i have coached and done the quest on each over 100 times. Anyone figured out anything else that might make them move up to journeymen?
  8. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

How many recipes have been researched?
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Katz wrote:
    46 recipes researched, but i've only made about 15 of the recipes.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

Like someone mentioned, do you have titles off for players? That will filter your apprentices' titles as well.
    I checked some of mine that are still journeyman:
    Armorer: If you start at same tier as all of your crafter's apprentice, you will note you have more recipes each level. I have eight (8) recipes at each tier. Currently I am 3 away from 25.
    Provisioner: Another class with lots of recipes! Twelve (thats right 12) per tier, mine is currently researching recipe number 23.
    Weaponsmith: This one has ten (10) recipes per tier. Mine is currently researching numer 22.
    Tailor: This one has six (6) recipes per tier and I am researching number 24.
    I believe I got achievement already, because the skyshrine apprentice is based scholar, craftsmen and outfitter (which covers my armorer, tailor and weaponsmith).
    You personally get the achievement for reaching 25 skyshrine recipes you can make, combined from the 'regular' apprentice, Deshniak and Yelnak.
    Just because you get the achievement, does NOT mean your apprentice has finished 25 recipes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Eileah Guest

The name changes are based on the number of recipes you have researched, but if you traded in your apprentice for a different model (as I did) it resets the count for the apprentice (but not in the achievement) so you don't get the name update correctly.
    Eventually it will all work out, just takes longer if you switch between models of apprentices.
  12. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Eileah wrote:
    So because I have an apprentice AND the heroic one, mine won't go to Journeyman until much later?
    All 9 of my crafters have over 45 receipes researched on the regular apprentice and 4 recipes on the heroic verions.
    I have crap luck because I have some crafters that have done the daily every day since launch of DoV pt2 and still no colossal reactant.
    I hate very very small chances at getting crap.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    You started your apprentices with the low-level recipes? You are saying each of your 9 apprentices have finished researching 45 recipes each? It would have to be fairly low level recipes to have that many completed on each of your crafters' apprentices.
    I have one crafter I started and held as a craftsmen and she is an expert, having finished all the 10-20 recipes. I have not been able to reproduce your 'bug' even with adding 2 more apprentices.
    I had 10 crafters I started off with all the 90 recipes (excluding the essences) and worked my way down, before I added the 4 extra crafters that I started with level 10 and went up. Because some had 4 recipes (jeweler and carp) they finished each tier faster than say my tailor who has 6 per tier and my weaponsmith 10, etc. Its hard to see how all your 9 crafters have an equal amount of recipes finished.
    I am now 2 1/2 days from attaining expert on my provisoner's apprentice as she is finishing up research on her 25th recipe.
    Have you actually counted the actual number of recipes completed on each apprentice?
  14. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Kuulei wrote:
    On all 9 crafters i researched all the 90 recipes but the appearance adorns. Then went to various things like all the bows on my woodworker first, but generally started on the level 10 recipes and worked my way up. I have over 40 recipes RESEARCHED on each of my 9 characters doing the dailies every day since launch last december. All are done with 10 and 20 level recipes, and 90s minus adorns. Weaponsmith only is left in the 30s, rest are into 40s i think.
    All are still apprentices.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I know what your problem is!
    Alt-O (options) *stay in basic format* > User Interface > Name and Chat Bubble > Show Titles (if in basic mode its first choice in 'Name and Chat Bubble' if you are in advanced, its 7th choice down) I bet you have it set to Never!
    The apprentices are all 'apprentices' and the titles are: Apprentice, Journeymen and finally Expert.
    You need to set your title choice to horizontal or vertical, whichever you prefer
  16. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Kuulei wrote:
    That did give me an added title, only its 'Artisan' lol
  17. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Artisan is when you've researched 50 recipes. Cyliena posted a screen shot of one of her apprentices after she reached that goal. (hope that's right, going to check earlier pages :) )
  18. ARCHIVED-decator666 Guest

I noticed that my apprentice just became a journeyman after researching 10 recipes. I'm not sure what that does for him though...hopefully faster researching and/or new recipes...
  19. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

decator666 wrote:
    I wish that was the case :( but so far, title change is only that, a title change.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Yup! No idea if there's one beyond it, though.

Cyliena wrote: