Apprentices becoming journeymen?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tayne, Feb 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Deornwulf Guest

Every single crafter that I have that has researched 10 recipes has had the title change on the "Apprentice." I also have them all in the same room.
    It could be that some people are bugged.
  2. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

My low level armorer learned her 25th recipe and her Apprentice changed to Expert. Go figure.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

[IMG]
    I watched my guy go from Apprentice to Journeyman as the 10th recipe was learned.
    Oddly, I was surpised that this toon was the first to get 10 recipes learned....but I"ll be watching it as I log in the other toons.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I wonder if it has to do with learning all recipes in a tier. I would be surprised if there are any 90 crafters who are researching all (or any) of the essence recipes and it's the 90s who are lagging on getting the Journeyman change.
  5. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Well, my 90's will be learning all the essence recipes, so we'll see. I'll let you guys know.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    if thats what it is, then they need to go back and retroactive it. they could put a 15-day or 30-day timer on it for levels if you happen to already bc 90 when you get your apprentice. it would take a few months to get them to be "master" but it doesnt seem right that a brand new character can get a Master Apprentice when a level 90 has a harder time getting one (or cant get one at all) simply bc the feature was added to game late.

you know, the EQ2 team should just explain how it works. that would be great.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Tigress wrote:
    Why would a level 90 crafter take more time to research 10 and 20 recipes than a lower level crafter? Sure the 90 has a lot of incentive to research higher level recipes but it isn't like they are handicapped as far as this achievment is concerned.
    The titles are fluff. What is the big deal?
  8. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

My Carpenter earned the Researched 10 Recipes achievement today and right after that happened, her TS Apprentice became a Journeyman.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Meirril wrote:
    they wrote: My low level provisioner just went up another tier and sure enough, her apprentice became a journeyman. It wasn't from the number of recipes

another tier is tier 1 to tier 2 to tier 3 to tier 4, etc. if you are already top tier, you cant go up a tier.
  10. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Mysstie@Oasis wrote:
    This happened last night to my armorer, the 10th recipe achievement corresponded with her changing to Journeyman.
  11. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Tigress wrote:
    And again--just to remind you--my Expert toon has researched more recipes than one of my Journeyman toons and is 2 tiers lower than that Journeyman toon. I don't think it has to do with the tiers.
  12. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    They arn't talking about the level of your crafter. They are talking about having all of the recipes for a teir researched. Your expert, how many teirs (all recipes of the same level) has she completed? Now your journeymen, how many teirs has she completed?
    All of my apprentices are still apprentices and I've been researching since day one. I've "finished" teir 10 on all of them...except I haven't done the essences so I really haven't finished teir 10 since those recipes count. I've finished some recipes in a lot of different teirs, but I haven't completed a single teir on any of them. I've been following the class archatypes not levels so everything I have is still apprentice.
  13. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Meirril wrote:
    I realise that. And I think I can finally provide a definitive answer. Two of my toons tonight got the "Researched 25 recipes" achievement and changed from Journeyman to Expert in front of my eyes. So I think it's safe to say it's the number of recipes researched.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I've had two toons ding over to journeymen when they hit 10 recipes (and got the acheivement), neither learned all the to tier recipes. After I finished the *good stuff*, I started at tier 1 learning things.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

My carpenter researcher just finished her 10th recipe and is now Journeyman. This is the character that is researching from the lowest recipes first and working the way up to 90.
  16. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Okay, so ten recipes for Journeyman, 25 for Expert. What is next?
  17. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    Just got it on my 42 Weaponsmith: 50 Recipes researched is Artisan.
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I looked at my crafter's journals and none of them show an achievement for researching recipes. They show the coaching acheivements though. They have since their titles have changed, but they did not get an entry in thier journals. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?
  20. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    No idea, but all 9 of mine are still apprentice, and I have completed more than 2 tiers of recipe research and crafted more than 10 items from reactants and 'coached' them more than 100 times on all of them.