Apprentice Mannequin Bug

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-KindredHeart, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

I /bugged this but wanted to also post here just in case there is a work around I didn't *think* of trying which would fix this issue.
    I have 5 crafters, thus 5 apprentices. I decided for ease of keeping up with all of their needs I'd put them in the same house. I made that decision AFTER I had already placed 2 of them in their Master's respective houses. The 3 I placed straight off in the consolidated house had no issue. The 2 I re-placed (moved to the other house) would not update and remained stuck as "uniform1". I tried a variety of things, picking them up and putting them down in different sequences. Zoning in and out with them in and out of inventory. And even changing out the contract on one and re-acquiring it (hoping that would reset it) ... it did not ... it stayed as "uniform1". So now no matter what I do I have 3 mannequins that are "uniform1" and then the other two which are "uniform2" and "uniform3" respectively.
    If anyone finds a way to resolve would appreciate the guidance, but it would seem that the mannequins *lock* as "uniform1" if you place them as the first mannequin in a home - even if you later move them to a new house.
  2. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

I now have 3 mannequin 3's in one home, so it isn't just with mannequin1. Color me confused. (I didn't run into this bug in beta when I had 9 crafters' mannequins in one home.)
  3. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Thanks for posting that you had a bug with the mannequin as well. At least now I know I'm not the only one :) Hopefully this will get worked to resolution soon so we can have our apprentices not sharing appearances if we don't want them too.
  4. ARCHIVED-Omougi Guest

Just worked out a fix for this. Now, when you pick up your Apprentice, it should force-reset the current uniform setting to default. This should allow you to move your apprentice between houses with different mannequins without the appearance getting stuck. :) Getting this hotfixed in ASAP.
  5. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

Thank you soooo much! Was always able to change the option on the apprentice though (well between the "uniform" options it could see). The problem was the mannequin names. But guessing your fix addresses that and I'm just reading it wrong. :)
  6. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

This is still broken.
  7. ARCHIVED-Indabuff Guest

having same issue as well.....can get the uniforms on some then does not seem to recognise ones I add after
    that.
  8. ARCHIVED-Piekeyrog Guest

I have 5 in the same house, all Othmir - try as I might, no matter what I do they will not wear their uniforms
  9. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Keelin@Guk wrote:
    If memory serves, depsite getting a mannequin the Othmir have no clothing options. All you can do is right click on them to change their name.
  10. ARCHIVED-Piekeyrog Guest

Troubor wrote:
    Oh... I dont recall seeing that anywhere and I read up quite a bit on the apprentice's before launch - did I miss it somewhere? Would of been nice of them to have made this known.
    Thanks though at least I can stop trying to dress them up now and pack the mannequin's away
  11. ARCHIVED-RandomStream Guest

I put 8 manequins in a house with no problems, but when I added a nineth it all fell to pieces. Removing one of them, logging out completely, then loggin back in worked.
  12. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

This is *still* broken.
    Just to see if anything had been fixed with this - I decided to try again today. I picked up all my mannequins and all my apprentices, zoned out of house with them, camped. Came back into game and re-placed them one by one. Still not naming the mannequins uniquely as I place them which is preventing me from assigning a unique appearance to each apprentice.
    Still broken.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

It's inexplicable that with only three to choose from, they'd make the uniform a feature then make one of them unable to change clothes, all it does is stand and scratch itself. My uniforms worked for the first five but wouldn't go any further so I just gave up and named them so I'd know which is what.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Four of my mannequins are excess "uniform1" as well after I very recently moved them into a crafting dungeon. I've tried all kinds of crazy stuff but nothing seems to reset them.
    My other four mannequins are uniform1 through uniform4 so at least it partially works. I did nothing different for any of them. The latest two that are stuck at uniform1 are brand new apprentices that were just placed yesterday.
  15. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I have 10 apprentices in one house. The first one I placed on my TT island, then, thinking I'd rather set up my sweatshop in a place I wasn't currently decorating, I took the other 8 to a Thurgadin Grand Hall. I had unforms 1-8 to choose from just as I should have.
    I then moved my 9th there, which had originally been on the TT island. I still only had mannequins 1-8. I picked up the apprentice, the mannequin, etc, but nothing fixed it.
    A few days later I moved my husband's apprentice there and now I have 1-9 to choose from, with the 9th being my husband's uniform mannequin.
    The only one that's bugged and won't show up is the one I had originally placed somewhere else. I thought this was supposed to be fixed now, but looks like it's still broken.
  16. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

My guild members were given access to a house near our guild hall to place their trainees for convenience. 7 humans and 1 othmir inititially with no problems at all. Another human was addded and when they tried to set their uniform it all bugged.
    uniform 7 option from the last mannequin became uniform 1. All the previous uniforms were switched around at random so it was determined that the actuall number 2 uniform was the missing one and the two uniform1 mannequins showed in examine as being different uniforms but were the same when used. So there wound up being 2 uniform1, uniform2, 3, 4, 5, 6. No uniform 7 and uniform 2-5 were not the same on the researchers as they were on the mannequins. We haven't removed all the researchers and replaced them yet so maybe this can be repaired by starting over, but it might also just get bugged again.
    I bug reported this yesterday when it happened
  17. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I have 11 apprentices in a Thurgadan Grand Hall I set up as a crafting hub. After placing the 10th all heck broke loose. Uniforms changed at random and some were stuck on nothing since the first apprentice placed was an Othmir, which showed up as Uniform 1, which is actually No Uniform. I then rotated among the various uniform options until they were all set back to my desired look, but the Uniform numbers did not match the placement of the mannequins/apprentices. I could not place a twelfth apprentice. there was no error message, I just could not place another one. So the rest on my toons all got shiny new guild hall doors in their homes to facilitate swift travel to the guild hall for crafting.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tikshadow Guest

I put 8 mannequins and 8 Apprentice Researchers into the same house. I only have 4 choices for uniforms for each researcher. (Uniforms 1-4) I thought there might be a limit on the number of uniforms. I read some other posts where they have 9 or more choices. So I guess it's still bugged.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Here's what I discovered with these mannequins:
    1. You can only have 10 total uniforms in a house.
    2. The easiest way to see what uniform number a mannequin is, is to pack it into a moving crate temporarily. It will say "uniform2" or what not there.
    3. These things are, as mentioned, buggy. When you place the mannequin down in a house that has no other TS mannequins, it will flag itself as "uniform1". You cannot get rid of that flag on the mannequin. That means if you placed all of your mannequins in seperate homes to begin with and then decided to move all of your apprentices together later, chances are you will only have a uniform1 option. (the same is likely true if you put two down and get uniform1 and uniform2, and so on)
    4. If you place your mannequin down in a house with other mannequins, and have never placed that mannequin before, then it will become a uniform of the next number up provided that you don't go beyond 10. My hubby and I tried to go beyond 10 and the new mannequin picked a random number like 4 or something.
    For those of us with bugged mannequins we need a way to exchange them for new ones. They're no-destroy so that isn't even an option. And no, picking up your apprentice and doing whatever jigs have been suggested does not fix the mannequin either.
  20. ARCHIVED-BlackCalvus Guest

I 'only' have 5 apprentices in my house, but all my mannequins are 'uniform1', so all the tradeskill apprentices have to wear the same outfit (or use the default).
    I kind of assumed it was possible to buy generic mannequins somewhere but never got around to it. So is that not possible?