Appearance Slot Bows Missing Arrow Auto-Attack Graphic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by KingFox, Feb 27, 2013.

1. KingFox New Member

Has anyone else noticed this? When I play my ranger with anything equipped in the bow slot, when I auto-attack, I don't fire any arrows. If I remove the appearance bow, the equipped bow will fire an arrow, and if I re-equip the appearance bow, it will fire an arrow until the next time I zone, in which it will go back to not. I've tried reporting it a few times using /bug but this has been going on for a couple of months now.

Here's a video demonstrating it.
  2. KingFox New Member

Just wanted to post a little update with something interesting I found. I decided to use some old Umbral Darkness ammunition on the training dummies, and discovered that even after removing them from the quiver, all subsiquent shots used the Umbral Darkness graphic.

So it went something like this:

1: Place umbral darkness ammo in quiver
    2: Unequipped appearance bow
    3: Fire 1 shot using the normally equipped bow
    4: Put back on appearance bow
    5: removed umbral darkness from quiver
    6: continued to display the umbral darkness graphic while finishing out the dummy.

If you remove your appearance bow, you revert back to the graphic of arrow in the bag.
    I tried it with tenderwood arrows and burning deathfist arrows as well.

Though I do admit , being able to "set" my arrow graphic in this fashion is kinda fun. Now I can have fire-tipped arrows all of the time!
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I have had it occur and I start shooting arrows out of my sword. Never knew what caused it though.