Appearance Armor Trouble

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by terdmuffin, Feb 12, 2013.

1. terdmuffin New Member

I just started playing eq2, and I bought some appearance armor for my character. After for playing a couple hours, my boots disappeared and it shows bare feet now. I have tried re-equipping them and everything and still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are you wearing a 'dress' appearance? May of them force a bare feet look, no matter what you have on your feet.
  3. Tineren Active Member

Usually the problem comes from a combination of armor. Some leg slot appearance overwrites the feet slot appearance, and some chest slot appearance overwrites the leg slot appearance. If you are wearing both, the chest appearance overwrites the leg appearance, but it doesn't display anything in the feet appearance. If this is your problem, can fix it by putting something in your appearance slot for leg armor that doesn't include a feet appearance.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Gis and dresses are notorious for forcing bare feet. Strip down to just your shoes. Then add legs. If the shoes are still there, remove the legs and put on your chest piece and check the shoes. If just one piece isn't causing the problem, start trying pairs, i.e., chest and legs.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Gi's/Dresses/Plate-Greaves as Sigrdrifa mentioned with Gi's and Dresses these all "cover" the feet and will make you lose them. The only race that has 100% visible foot slots is Sarnak because their feet are never covered by these items.