APOTHEOSIS: Varsoon & the ewer (everling, zebuxoruk, ultor, The Ancille of D’Morte)

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-ratbast, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

2. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    i was looking into that race and saw someone posted that they were in the LoN loot mission from 'travellers' - a loyal grathok - what's the screeny look like?
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

ratbastard wrote:
    Varsoon's research into the planar rune lead him to The Void. He was able to contact Anashti'sul who helped him breach the Void and then trapped him half way between Norrath and The Void. Not being fully in either reality was tearing his soul to shreads but it also prevented him from dying. Most of his existance was within the void and he was coerced into working for Anashti'sul in the hopes that she would bring him back to Norrath so his torture would end.
    He also hoped to find a mortal vessal in the Chamber of Immortality where his link to Norrath existed. His goal was to put his soul into a mortal body and hope that the connection would be strong enough to pull him out of the void. That plan never seems to work out for him...
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Alluvial@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I don't have a screenshot of that one specifically, but the Grathok are the lobster-like monsters with many eyes that are all over the TSO zones. Before TSO launched, a screenshot of one of them was released, and the devs teased us by saying that that MOB was called a "Grathok" and we'd learn more about them in the expansion. Well, we didn't learn much more besides the fact that they were the shock troopers of Anashti's void army. However, they do appear to originate from whichever world is the setting for "Remembrances: Nyalla-Phon". Man, the aggregate really should have taken them more seriously, eh?
  5. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Interestingly, it does point towards what the eventual 'solution' to Anashti's problem was--she was linked to both worlds, like Varsoon (the Void, where she was cast, and Norrath, presumably through the Ewer). When Varsoon's manifestation on Norrath was destroyed (Chamber of Immortality, where we kill him and take his robe), he unified in the Void, where we later encounter him again during TSO. (And kill him and take his new and improved robe. Some things never change, I guess.) So of course, when Anashti was defeated in the Void, with an anchor still on Norrath...
  6. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Ah great! I was hoping to get the mysterious key to go in there to see the confirmation that they were the grathok but i opened a crap load of travellers packs and still didn't get one!
    Interestingly these void versions remind me so much of these:
    [IMG]
    Which reminds me! I saw a couple of related designs including a void beast when browsing the old eq1 beta sites on web.archive.org - so nice to know that a plan with the void has been around for a very long time and probably inspired by the above supplement!