AOE Blockers...why bother?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Erszebeth, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Erszebeth Active Member

Since Skyshrine, and now Chains of Eternity in its virtual entirety, nearly any AOE worth using a blocker on, completely ignores the blocker, i.e. Blade Dance and Tortoise Shell. There are a small handful of aoes capable of being blocked in skyshrine, and I have yet to come across anything worth attempting to block in CoE that even CAN be blocked.
    Sony, why the *(&^ do you give us these abilities only to completely nullify them?
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Nynaeve Active Member

Why did they give Warlocks Netherlords and Acid Rain?
    LOL
    I love casting Acid Rain, cause it looks cool, but seriously the damage it does is a joke.
  3. Toran Member

Yes, it baffles me why they give classes tools to use then put in mechanics that don't let us use them. It hurts their game, it wouldn't be hard to create scripts that would defeat using the tools with out out right not letting the tools work. Just take a bit of imagination.
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

I understand the netherlords and acid rain...its the same as summoner temp pets, troubadour Countersong <as of Skyshrine at anyrate>, and many other mechanics which have or had quality use, and were worthwhile at some point....but have now, due to unimaginative scripts and failed ideas, been made obsolete and completely useless to "make it challenging"...seriously, blade dance was already next to useless with its atrocious reuse, esp. when compared to other blockers like Tortoise Shell on its 1 minute reuse.