AoD v. existing content

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Tallisman, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

If I'm reading things right, the AoD expansion will include everything up to SF but not Velious. Presumably, if I already have Velious, the AoD d/l won't overwrite what I already have - would that presumption be correct?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

Right. Purchasing an expansion doesn't itself actually overwrite anything. They heart of the expansion purchase is the product key you get and add to your account. That flags your account for access to the expansion. The game client actually probably will have downloaded all the files and data for the expansion before release, but if you aren't flagged with a product key the game won't give you access to the expansion's stuff. If you already have the game, just add the product key to your account through the web site and the launchpad will take care of the rest automatically. If you puchased through the Station Store, the key will be added to your account when the expansion's released and you won't need to do anything.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

AoD includes no previous content. All content to SF will be free to all and DoV must be purchased separately.