AoA x4 - Fear Feaster adds not despawning?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kethryl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Kethryl Active Member

We took a few pulls at The Fear Feaster for the first time this evening, and after wiping a couple of times, we noticed an alarming trend.. the adds that spawn from the eggsacks weren't despawning when the name/encounter reset. After quite a few pulls and wipes, we ended up with close to 20 'frightful stirge' adds scattered across all the places we had tried to tank the Fear Feaster.

Has anyone else experience this behavior? Is that the expected behavior for this mob?

I filed a /petition, but unfortunately, the GM that responded didn't actually witness any of what we saw, nor contacted me in-game to allow me to demonstrate further. If another GM or Dev would like to enter our zone, by all means, please contact me in-game or via PM or whatever.

Thank you,

Kitalya @ Antonia Bayle
  2. Cerium New Member

Its done this since the release of COE. However, you can prevent the adds from spawning.
  3. Lamatu Active Member

On this fight your raid wants to stack up and have a main assist using the macro /target a stirge eggsack so as to prevent the adds from spawning.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Really? We just burn the extra Stirges XD probably would save us some time if we actually bothered with the script. Heck I didn't even know there WAS a script to this boss except.

- Kickback
    - Few AE's

Standard Turn-n-Burn for us... then again is IS an EM encounter and well... my gear. Yeah I shouldn't really expect EM to have much challenge for me. I do like hearing that some guilds are having fun with it. I have very much felt CoE-EM is a bit... weak overall in terms of difficulty and giving players something to do for weeks/months on end if they choose not to pull HM bosses.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Last night we just pulled the named in a corner, pet the adds to the named and burned them with the ae that comes from hitting the named.
    But yes, destroying the eggsack before spawning can be easy, if you find every just in time.
    Somedays ago, as we.... whiped on that encounter (hell dont know why ^^), we take those extra mobs down before pulling the named again, didn´t take that long to do so. (Sidenote: You don´t have to kill the adds in the very far away corner, they don´t come when you encounter the named, just make sure no one gets kicked to close to them)
  6. Chronus Active Member

They should despawn on kill of the boss like every other boss still though, but not worth changing due to probable breaking of the fight, it's only an extra 10 seconds to kill another add or 2 after the fight.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or just follow the script and not have fail adds pop!
  8. Chronus Active Member

But straight burn moar deeps best strat!
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

You are referring to killing the eggsacks like we had to for Toxxulia and Vuulan.
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Those where actual a problem, not like those today ;)
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Well yeah, the Skyfire Drakota that spawned were nigh impossible to kill and they wiped a raid right fast. That also was the EM-Script for Vuulan was it not? These "mosquito's" and we know that's what the they are do barely noticeable damage to a good healer and are by no means a fail-script. They are an Annoyance-Script at best.
    Kalderon likes this.
  12. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Good old times, yes that was EM script :)
    Estred likes this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Good Times? You try begin bitten and tossed into the air like a lizard fritter before being devoured by a dragon! I don't call that a "good time" :D
    Kalderon likes this.
  14. Kethryl Active Member

I think perhaps this has gotten slightly off-track. We are aware we need to kill the eggsacks to prevent the stirges. The issue we encountered is that if you wipe, and the mob resets, the stirges that spawned from the eggsacks stay there! If you wipe 5 times like we did, you can easily end up with 20 or more stirges camping the spots where you pulled the name. If an encounter resets, any adds that spawns as part of that encounter should reset (despawn) as well.
  15. Chronus Active Member

Ah, see we didn't consider wiping on the mob, seeing as most ITT likely have never wiped on it.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

Honestly if you have 20 stirges up, that's why you're wiping. Your raid needs to coordinate better to prevent the adds from spawning in the first place.
  17. Kethryl Active Member

We're wiping when we get to about 4-5 stirges. The issue is that when we wipe, the stirges don't de-spawn, so you end up with 20 or so stirges after a few wipes.

Yes, we understand the strategy.. kill the eggsacks before the stirges spawn. That's not what I'm having an issue with.. I'm having an issue with the fact that the adds don't de-spawn when you wipe.
  18. Ynnek Well-Known Member

From a game design/bug point of view sure, adds should despawn when you wipe so you don't have to clean them up or move the fight to try again. Fair enough.

From a practical point of view, I'm confused. You should have no stirges up, certainly never 4-5, if you're burning the eggs. You should not be reaching the point where you have enough stirges to wipe the raid, unless you're not burning the eggs. Either you're:

A) Iron manning it, not burning the eggs, in which case the stirges are simply the cost of ignoring the script
    B) Following the script, but failing. Kill the eggs faster....
    C) Something else that's confusing me....
  19. Kethryl Active Member

Option "B", for a few reasons, all of which add up to wipes. =)

- We were very shorthanded
    - In the zone for the very first time
    - Having line-of-sight issues on the eggs
    - Very short on healers to cure fear

We'll be better prepared next time, and hopefully not face what I feel is truly a "bug" in the way this particular encounter works.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I think it is a bug. I agree. Our pur ended up having the same problem last tuesday with adds not despawning and hanging right at the entrance of the zone b/c few ppl revived before the name was reset. This bug needs to be fixed.