Anyone know of a Bow?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Excuse me Please:

I am in search of a bow that has a "lava" look to it, I am attempting to match the armor and weapons displayed below:

Thanks for the assistance.

[IMG]
    Jrel likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is an appearance weapon set on the Marketplace that has a fiery appearance, the Cinder Bow and Shield, for 350 DBG bux. It's not exactly a lava appearance, but the bow is basically a two-ended torch, and the torch flames make the limbs of the bow.
  3. Sogapa Active Member

I believe that the Ethereal bow...Blazing Bow of Light from last expansion has that appearance. I don't know if it's still possible to get that item.

I know there are other reddish bows but the other one I was thinking of was wrong. I'll see if I have anything older sitting around when I have a chance to log into game.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Indeed.
    The market place "cinder" bow, costing real money, actually looks like straight fire.
    and I am not finding pictures for "Blazing Bow of Light" any links?
  5. Eddard Member

Emberwood Ornate Bow from LON is exactly what you're looking for. Throw on a major essence of fire and it gets even more lava-fire-dripping goodness.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Eddard.
    Could please explain how playing some physical card game is going to enable the obtaining of an in-game bow?
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

so how do I obtain the bow I seek?
    these cards drop from some beastie?
    never seen cards drop from a beastie,...
    I do not play card games in real life or in-game.
    some npc plays cards? is this like Spades?
    can someone explain please?
  9. Sogapa Active Member

I was mistaken. I know I've seen a couple of fiery bows obtainable through gameplay, but not able to identify any at the moment. If I come across one I'll link it in this thread.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

if your a paid account, every month you get 5 free LoN packs, by access LoN via the eq2 button on the ui. you con't actually have to play the game at all to get lootcards, if you get lucky. all you have to do is find out which set your wanted item comes from, and the select the set for your free packs and hope for the best in getting the loot card you want.
  11. TrulyVexed Active Member

It's not exactly what you want but Firespike wouldn't necessarily look out of place..
    \aITEM -751463509 -730039775:Firespike\/a
    http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3543503787
    ..drops in the Ward of Elements x2 .. lvl 80 raid. Fairly common drop.

I honestly can't remember whether you can reforge bows appearance but it might be worth trying to add an Essence of Fire to one?
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

interesting bow.
    nice in-game link too,
    thank you, I will look into that,...
  13. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Yes you can.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

So can someone explain to me, that were I to make the $3.00 purchase of Debt of the Ratonga expansion, that I *WOULD* receive the Emberwood Ornate Bow? because it is contained there-in, right?
  15. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nope. The LoN cards come in packs. Each booster pack has a random assortment of 15 cards. It's a crapshoot whether or not you get specific loot. I've been trying to get the Cloak of Crystal Shards (to finish out that dang quest!) for MONTHS.

There's also the ability to do "Posted Trades" in LoN. Just scanning the trades offered this morning, you can swap 10 Drakkinshard Booster Packs for one Emberwood Ornate Bow. Drakkinshard packs cost $2.99/each or you can buy a Booster Box containing 36 packs for $99.99.
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

indeed.
    or I could go to that one site that sells individual cards,.. FOR >$$$30.00 a piece!!
    interesting system set up here,.... :[
  18. Zeozx New Member

10 packs at 2.99 each is equal to 29.90 which is cheaper than 30.00 you want a specific now with a specific look you can't expect it to be easy to obtain
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I haven't read the LON rules closely with an eye to whether purchasing a loot card with RMT from a 3rd party is okay or not. I do know that you have to have purchased at least one booster pack before you can trade cards.
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Well.
    Certainly an opportune time for the LoN sale;
    For I was able to obtain that which I sought.
    And I must say, it fits PERFECTLY, with the additional perk of flaming arrows sent downrange!

[IMG]
    Enoibia, Regolas and Sigrdrifa like this.