Anyone Decorate Dungeons

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by MightyMeaghan, Sep 14, 2020.

1. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Question- Does anyone in the decorating community ever play with the dungeon maker? I used to love decorating the things and I miss it, but I'd rather not do it in a bubble. I'd get quite elaborate with it and I'd love to find some people to talk to about it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Rushd Active Member

I think most of us use dungeons as storage facilities. The dungeon maker aspect is not really a viable way to spend time these days. I'm actually waiting for the day to log in and see that they removed them from game along with my hundreds of items in them.

The bigger homes can account for 1200 items, although it's not really enough item count to do the most elaborate things in the entire zone you can get pretty intricate in designs if you plan out your project accordingly. Many times we find "blocking" off an area help to make a home feel completed decorated in that manner.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I did back when we could play in them, it was fun to do. I had 2 decorated dungeons (still published on Test).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, yeah, it's one reason I usually don't use dungeons as storage facilities; even if they gave us advanced notice (and if they did, cross your fingers and pray it won't just be on Twitter or Discord, but also here in the Forums and as a Message of the Day that stayed around), it'd take forever to clear everything out, no doubt, even if it could be possible. :-/ And for folks with multiple storage dungeons? Nightmare. :-/

I find places like the 7-Year Veteran free Mistmoore places to be dandy "warehouses," and the free-with-CE-purchase-far-too-long-ago Sprocket floating platform to be a nice, wide, open space. With expanders, yeah, you can get up to only 1200 slots, but I'd prefer getting a couple of prestige places just for that (2400 slots! :D) to something that could be yoinked from us at any moment, or messed up during a merge or Consolidation. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. elflover Well-Known Member

They aren't going to get rid of the dungeons, it was said long ago when they stopped giving xp. They were a paid for feature and they dont want to have to refund the people who bought them, like me. Sooo they aren't going anywhere..maybe when the game sunsets thats when. They aren't going to add or expand on them. Not going to search the forums since this was years ago...do what us crazies do use them and save your layout every time you drop off and take out items. Honestly not using if you have is being paranoid, and houses don't hold 2k items/blocks like dungeons do its great i have like 20 of them on one toon holding all my extra junk and still in need of more.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i don't decorate them...i use them as storage for all my decoration things. nice bonus is i can give my alts access and they can all pop into them wherever they are.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I doubt they are going to go away. I think the work necessary to program them out of the game is likely more effort than anyone in the company is interested in. That said, if they do get rid of them, they would not need to give refunds to anyone. Read the EULA. Plenty of things that were "permanent" parts of the game have gone away. LON and the free monthly LON cards are often cited, but here are several articles about things removed from the game.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Removed_from_game

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Removed_Harvests

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Retired_item
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

It probably is more effort than wanted to remove dungeons. I noticed when skyfire was having its issues with the market store being down...housing leader boards and dungeons boards where down as well..might be tied together in some way. They still have lon loot cards and lon museum you can port to, but the game part of lon yeah is gone. Annnd those are old harvests that have been replaced with other things.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

My point, though, is that anything can be removed from the game at any time, per the EULA quoted below.

Daybreak does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any Daybreak Game(s). Daybreak is constantly changing the Daybreak Games and may, in its sole and absolute discretion, add, modify, disable, suspend and/or remove any Daybreak Game(s), any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any computer code, games, characters, character names, storylines, titles, dialogue, catch phrases, digital downloads, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, themes, objects, environments, artwork, maps, locations, likenesses, poses, models, textures, costumes, logos, emblems, powers, badges, achievements, sounds, voiceovers, musical compositions, concepts, artwork, animations, special effects, methods of operation, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, video files, game engines, launch pads, and client and server side software, data, information, materials and other assets contained therein (collectively, the “Daybreak Game Assets”). Under no circumstance will Daybreak be liable for any claim that relates to or arises out of any such change that it makes to any Daybreak Game Assets. Daybreak may suspend, discontinue and/or terminate any Daybreak Game(s) and/or Daybreak Asset at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. If and when Daybreak ends a Daybreak Game, the Virtual Items that you have acquired in any Daybreak Game(s) will no longer be available. Any Virtual Currency remaining in your account for such Daybreak Game(s) will still be available for use in other Daybreak Games. No refunds will be made for purchases of Subscriptions, digital downloads, and/or Virtual Items.

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're not unnerved by the horror stories of things going wrong with them in merges or Consolidations? :-/ They do seem more prone to those than regular houses, but I guess if you save on a regular basis, at least you'll have a record of what you had most recently...

Uwk
    who's still needing a bit of convincing...and you apparently make storage dungeons like I make alts! :D
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true; I love it when the old harvests can be "cashed in" for useful stuff. :)

The only reason I did LoN at all was for the loot cards (frankly, the slaughtering of my favorite book-n-table based pastime by the CCG crap [WotC/Hasbro, I'm looking at YOU :mad:] embittered me so much about it that I never even once actually "gamed" with them), with the especial hope that I could get housing and character slots, or at the very least, house items out of 'em. ;->

I hadn't noticed, but that's an excellent point: Marketplace/Leaderboards/Dungeons all seemed to be linked somehow, if they all go foobar at once. Because of lists? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

OMG. Removing the dungeons is a decision I hope I will never see. The sheer panic of hoping I have enough space on all my excess alts to remove and rescue my stored items from the dungeons before they disappeared would give me an anxiety attack of epic proportions. The dungeons are a beautiful thing for decorators around Norrath. Please do not ever speak of such disturbing things again. :confused:
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.