Any Zerkers on test

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-tyrinon, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

I don't understand what they did to Weapon Shield / Weapon Guard and the special upgraded version of it that you can choose as a trait (forgot the exact name). It used to buff parry (and the special version used to give mitigation as well), this skill is called SHIELD and it's to make damage? o_O I assume we have nothing to buff our parry anymore... ?
    Also I don't understand what happened to Coup de Grace, it's now simply an attack? How sad. The skill only make damage, nothing special about it anymore.
    What happened to Bloodrage (used to cost health to do more damage), I loved that. Again sad we loose this. I liked to ''cannibalize'' my own health for damage.
    I don't know how this will be playable but every buff seem to require 1 concentration... So it means we will only have a few buffs up at once, and need to switch buffs often. But if the mobs don't really change and we only have a few buffs up and not all of them as before, I guess it means everything will be much harder to fight, or I missed something?
  2. ARCHIVED-KittenClaw22 Guest

I like most of the changes I see. Of course, I am a level 45 kerra Berserker and I cannot really see what has been done to most of the spells I use. I have only been playing since around the beginning of May, so perhaps I am not as set in my ways as some who have been playing from the very beginning.

I don't think that SOE is trying to mess up the game. I think they are trying to improve it, or at least make it better resemble the vision they had when making it. They have been working on this revamp practically since launch, it hasn't been a secret.

The only thing I really don't like is the buff Tides of War changing from a speed increase to a strength buff. What use is more strength if we are tanking? Correct me if I am wrong please, but I believe that strength is going to effect how hard you hit and the amount of power you have. How does that improve our tanking abilities?

To the person who stated that they would forfeit their plate armour for chain, allow me to say this: If I wanted to wear chain armour and be DPS I would have made an assassin, a ranger or even a monk/bruiser as they are a scout-fighters. I wanted to be a tank, so I made (and I quote the NPC that you spoke with to choose "warrior"at level 9) a meat shield, and I chose the path of the warrior. Why would they make a "meat shield" wear chain armour? That is not logical. Think back to the day you chose which type of fighter you were going to be. When you chose the path of a "meat shield" you chose a warrior.

If you read the description of your class when you picked it from the NPC at level 19 you will recall that it asked you two questions.

1.) Do you want to prevent your allies from taking damage? If you picked this one you became a Guardian.

2.) Do you want to be at the front of the fray receiving and dealing damage? If you picked this one you became a Berserker.

It seems to me that they are just making our classes better fit the class description.

I picked berserker from that description, not from what other players told me guardians and berserkers were.

If you want to be DPS, play a scout. If you want to be a tank, well, I think you might have picked the correct class.
    Message Edited by KittenClaw22 on 08-08-2005 02:14 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-KittenClaw22 Guest

cr0wangel -
    Yes, it looks like you will actually have to think to play a tank. Heh.

You have to pick which buffs you would like to have active at any given time. But you will still be able to have four or five. Currently I keep seven buffs active at all times.

Also they have removed the 10 minute duration and made them everlasting.

Did you miss the fact that we now have a health regin buff? That will make it EASIER to stab, death, kill mobs. Heh.

It seems to me that people are looking for something to complain about, I mean the changes look great to me.

For every single thing that you have a problem with I bet there are at least five that you think are delightful changes.

Take the bad along with the good.

I would rather be a toned down DPS machine and a better tank.

One thing I have a problem with, and I can't see if this applies to the spells I use now but it seems like they removed many of our chances to go berserk.

It does seem like they took the berserk out of berserker.
    Message Edited by KittenClaw22 on 08-08-2005 12:55 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Ol'boy Guest

Kitten , PLEASE explain HOW u think were gonna tank better ..
  5. ARCHIVED-Ol'boy Guest

Kitten , PLEASE explain HOW u think were gonna tank better .. Th Hp regen sounds fun for 10 year olds that died vs solo mobs pre-combatrevamp. =p
  6. ARCHIVED-KittenClaw22 Guest

Did you miss the fact that they took anchor away from guardians and gave it to us? What about the hitpoint buffs, and the mitigation buffs? Did you overlook Havoc? The list goes on... I really like most of the changes

Berserkers will now be the main raid tanks vs crushing mobs, and more than likely on most raids Guardians will be guarding the berserkers.
    To the person who said they took away our strength buffs, did you see Tides of War?
    If you scroll up a bit, Stryker says nearly the same thing. :smileywink:
    Message Edited by KittenClaw22 on 08-08-2005 02:15 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

I have to admit I was about ready to quit. But then I rerolled. I now have a 31 dirge and a 37 guard. But now I think I like the changes or at least will give them a shot to see if I like them. The concentraiton buffs and stances may be an issue but trust me on this. If you have played a bard these few choices are laughable at giving u a headache. Bards have so many buffs/debuffs you have to decide what your grp needs more depending on you healer and tank levels. Not to mention its always changing due to how they're buffed. So really this is chump change in comparison. ....np.
    Plus when I chose a zerker I chose him because I always thought they would be MT in a raid situation and guardians would cast their single target mitigation buffs. Now that seems to be true...it seems now that the guardinas buffs will be cast on a zerker using defensive buffs and stance. I cant say it wil workj for every raid but it should be a toss up between raids which tank is better suited for MT between Zerker and Guard. I think it will take alot of experimentation to figure out which tank wil be better against which epic.
    Although I couldnt agree more that this was a tad late to reconfigure a class this way...I am also upset that all my gear was suited towards offensive but I can readily change that I guess with little consequence...
    HOWEVER. The amount of time and money spent on adept threes and Masters makes me want to cry knowing that the skills are changing.
    And lets face it if I dont like it Ill jsut play mybard or gaurd and toss that pathetic zerker in the trash wher he belongs.
    really just commentary no real info in this post sorry but liek everyone else I have an arsehole and an opinion.
  8. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

Anyway lets get back to the original question....
    Are there any level 50 Zerks who can give an in depth descirption of how the character plays now in comparison to before.
    Such as grp/raid scenearios and solo'd instances.
    More interested in raid situations with a guard in your grp. How do u affect them and more importnatly how well can they protect u while using intervene on u along with their sinlge target mitigation buffs.

Very interested in those facts.
  9. ARCHIVED-KittenClaw22 Guest

I doubt there are many raids going down on test server. Heheh!

As far as I know there aren't any higher level berserkers on test server.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nosnemi1 Guest

That may be true but you should be able to make a "mock up" of a raid MT grp. Then just go against any old heroic mob to see what does what. Shoudlnt be that difficult to do.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sinkatze Guest

OMG!! what are they doing to us!!?? So they are making us better tanks? I am an offensive berserker, this is going to hurt very bad.. was this the idea of making Berserkers DPS lower than the ones of a scout? Oh no.. look at Tides of War.. just str buff now and nothing else :(..
    Are we at least getting more concentration bars?? everything uses concentration now, this is looking bad.. well I will just have to try it out and see if I can bare with it..
    Thanks for everyone who posted the information and screens.

Good luck!
  12. ARCHIVED-Daffid011 Guest

DPS is up
    Tanking is up
    Skills require a little planning and actually have uses for different situations.
    Some skills dont work, some half work.
    Some skills and abilities are gone, most wont be missed don't panic.

So far we come out shining I think, save a few small areas.

Everyone relax a bit, this is just the first round of changes. Forget about tides of war, there is much better.

For the record, there are high level berserkers on test. I'm just the only one who posts and I've been super busy the last few days.
  13. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

Oh? Could someone substantiate this claim?
    najena.konk
  14. ARCHIVED-Ol'boy Guest

DPS is up
    Tanking is up

ummmmm............
  15. ARCHIVED-Hierax Guest

If they could make a skill that rips off your armor and leaves just your hairy chest and a celt for pants.. and go zerko when you do it for about 30seconds.. id be happy brohas....
    PEACE

and remember it's just a ....game
  16. ARCHIVED-PowertothePeople Guest

The only thing I dont understand is, whether you like the changes or not, we are one of the 2 classes that are getting totally revamped and what we did take'n away from us. We are not getting "UPGRADED" just "DOWNGRADED".
    Mages - Increase DPS and Utilty
    Scouts - Increase DPS and Utilty
    Priest - Increased healing
    Fighters - Guardians - better buffs and Taunting, SK's and Pally's better tanking and utilty spells, Monks/bruiser better tanking with avoid but stay the same with DPS.
    Zerkers - DPS tank'n away, and give'n "OK" tanking abilty. No really good utilty spells now.
    The only other class/es that got hit are the Fury's and Wardens, they are going to be upset to.
    For the person who said we are getting put on the same Auto attack as rogues, you need to read it again. We are getting our Auto attack DPS downgraded, and the scout types are getting THEIRS upgraded. Not saying we should do more then "certian" scout classes or "certain" mage classes but to totally revamp a class is pretty crazy and a bold move. I really dont think they care about most servers are made up of priest and fighters, because they only want one Fighter type Guardians. So the zerkers will either have to re roll or sit around and solo, o joy.

Message Edited by PowertothePeople on 08-09-2005 03:28 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

18. ARCHIVED-KittenClaw22 Guest

KittenClaw22 wrote:
    Did you miss the fact that they took anchor away from guardians and gave it to us?
    Oh? Could someone substantiate this claim?
    Compare current Anchor to revamped Unflinching Will. Now compare revamped Anchor to revamped Unflinching Will.
  19. ARCHIVED-konofo Guest

I don't know what you're looking at, but the most attractive thing about Anchor is that you can use it to pull mobs from about 50 meters. The other effects are incidental.
    (From my earlier post: )
    Reckless Stance/Unflinching Will
    Was: Defense buff, at cost of offensive skills (3 conc).
    Now: Defensive stance, buffs defense, parry, trauma resist, cold resist (3 conc).
    [/QUOTE]
    I don't see any effects in there indicating I'll be able to use Unflinching Will (our defensive stance buff) to pull mobs from long range.
    najena.konk
    Message Edited by konofo on 08-09-2005 07:57 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Strewth Guest

Seems to me some of us Zerkers forgot a time when our defencive buffs were conc based, I'v been a Zerker since November 1 and I'll be a Zerker this November too, franky I'll be happy to be able to go flat out and not be an aggro magnet. I don't give a ratonga's back side about who's parses higest, I play my toon to the best of my abilities and will do so after the changes, strategy and surviveability is and always has been the key. I seriously doubt that SOE will make any class either uselss or unplayable, dosen't make commercial sense and it's all about the anuity revenue.

I really should stay away from these boards, so many negative nellies I'm surprised some of you don't just run a warm bath and find a sharp object.