Any Zerkers on test

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-tyrinon, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tessius Guest

Seeing Fury changed to our offensive stance makes me sad. I always liked the Reckless Counters, and considered them to be my favorite part of the Berserker. I noticed that one of the other skills was changed to a counterattack buff (riposte more?) so hopefully something like this will remain.

And I have to agree with the silly names. If they're going to change what an are does, it's so very trivial to just change the name. Then again, I guess it all goes in line with Form of the Furious Bear now...
  2. ARCHIVED-YellowKing Guest

I'll let people read your insane rant compared to my post and draw their own conclusions as to who the tool is.
    In the meantime, I'll not jump to conclusions based on an incomplete class change on a test server.
  3. ARCHIVED-Emim Guest

That is awesome Caustick.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bathory72 Guest

hi

i made a charakter myself on the testerserver, so im only level 7 at the moment. if someone wants to read the new descriptions of our spells, take a look at the links

www.directupload.net/show/d/416/2yoS9GjF.jpg
    www.directupload.net/show/d/416/RqlxAKgj.jpg
    www.directupload.net/show/d/416/xN759HTq.jpg
    www.directupload.net/show/d/416/zvHaHqQZ.jpg
    www.directupload.net/show/d/416/txNylXJx.jpg
    Message Edited by Bathory72 on 08-05-2005 03:43 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-christmascracker Guest

Thanks for taking the time to do that Bathory :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-tnefoote Guest

Awesome pictures, they're very much appreciated! After seeing these, perhaps it won't be so bad after all. I can only hope *crosses fingers*
  7. ARCHIVED-Donnersam Guest

Hmm our offensive stance has a chance to AoE... wonder how this works with mezzed mobs . Or just think about doing Nek2 and you hit a mob the whole zone runs after you
  8. ARCHIVED-Tuddar Guest

One thing I think people are missing when discussing DPS being nerfed or loss of haste is that CA's will have no casting time.

Now on the surface this may not seem to be a big deal, but it actually is. Because it is insta-cast, so to speak, it will not interfere with your auto-attack. Therefore you will get more swings in. Low delay weapons will therefore gain a boost in this regard, since under the current system they suffer the most due to CA's having a casting time. Yes, our auto-attack damage will be going down and most probably our CA's will be going down also, but we will also be able to get more swings in and since our CA's are insta-cast, we can pile on the damage faster from them. All in all, it looks like a decrease in DPS over the long term, with the ability to probably come close to our DPS now during short fights. Only time will tell, though.

The real question in my mind is what this will do to power consumption. If CA's consume as much power in the new system as they do now, are insta-cast, and do less damage, then you could be looking at burning through your power in a shorter amount of time then today.

I'll be looking forward to the posts from some of the higher level testers as to how this affects gameplay. From a tanking perspective, it may very well work well for us. From what I can see, they are increasing our ability to take hits, especially in multi-mob settings. Also, it looks like our AE's are going to be pretty nice, in that more of them will work like Rampage does now, when striking opponents, we strike the entire encounter. Given what I've seen with the CA's that are in test, it looks like our DPS will be pretty healthy when tanking multiple mobs. Soloing, will have to wait and see. If the mobs have too many HP, then I envision us having power issues and thus fights becoming longer. If solo mobs HP is adjusted to compensate for this, solo fights may be about the same as they are now. Again, only time will tell.

From what I can see, it looks like they are keeping their promise that where we will shine is tanking multi-mob encounters and putting out good DPS. Outside that environment, I don't think we'll be too swooft.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Would like to see some better quality feedback regarding changes to zerkers up to level 50.

Go look at Khalysta's post regardings assassins. Nice, detailed, tells us everythign we need to know about ALL changes to the assassin class.

Here I've just seen a bunch of whining and not many hard solid facts, which just worries me more. I need facts.

One of you level 50 zerkers testing out the new combat changes, please make a thread and give us the scoop!!
  10. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

I don't play a zerker but many of my friends/guildies do and I was interested in how the raid utility of zerkers has changed ?
    It seemed like HP buffs, haste has been removed seriously diminishing raid utility. Did dps increase/ decrease or remain unchanged ? I would really appreciate if anyone would outline the zerker raid role and utility for a non-zerker (i am not familiar with your class skill names).
    Seems like sony is doing exactly the opposite of what it should.. increasing zerker offensive/ defensive buff utility while decreasing dps.
  11. ARCHIVED-Miller82 Guest

I would like to join the beta for the new upcomeing Everquest 2 DoF expansion. Everyone is really upset how things are being delt with our classes. every class that i have talked to are excited but ours. most Beserker people want to have another level 50 or just walk away from sony again as they did from EQ1. Alot of people think that revamping the game after 9 months turning it into a whole new thing should be calling it EQ3, but not many Berserkers on test i heard and i feel i want to know the truth and let others know as well. People feel we should do good damage but we should be second in line as melee damage next to a monk because all we have is weapon. where as SK and paladins have spells.
    I Believe if a paladin,SK, Guardian, and Berserker all turn on attack and did not use anything but auto-attack, i feel Berserker should do more damage if they had just attack on. warrior class is all about str when it comes to damage as thats all we have, where SK can Harm touch and other things. I understand is SK outdamage us with their spells but not with regular attacks. Guardians get awsome new taunts and crazy mitigation. All the berserkers i see are sad. we wont beable to use the AOE on raids cause it will break mezes so we lose more dps. I hope its not as what im hearing or atlest alittle more diferent.

Miller Of Najena
    50 Berserker / 50 Weaponsmith
  12. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Since the NDA was lifted for CA/spells up to lvl 50 can any berserkers on beta SS our 38-50 CA/buffs pls and post them since we cant get an accurate measure from Test , thank you
  13. ARCHIVED-z2xm Guest

as far as power consumption goes, rememebr that even though some things will be insta cast they still have a refresh period, so ultimatly you only shave off 1-2 seconds on most skills. Also our damage is going down but others are going up, so really the only issue should be in a solo or duo situation since assuming they increase others DPS by the same amount ours has been lowered, then things would even out. I have a lowbie 15 toon on test and have not noticed power issues, although as I said he is only 15, but I have noticed that HO's are much nicer now since they get triggered much quicker, so hopefully that will also help since some of the harder HO's will be much quicker if melee triggers are now instant

Jinos
    Lucan
  14. ARCHIVED-Svanny Guest

overall, the changes arent too dramatic.
    Power consumption for me is about the same as before. Autoattack dmg scales a lot more noticably with mob lvl, CA dmg on a few skills is down a lot, others got boosted. The regens are awesome, able to solo green epic(x2) encounters with em. We have a self regen buff and a group regen buff, both stack.
    Lots of effects got moved around, like weaponshield is now like fury used to be, and the fury line is our new offensive stance. Weaponshield, btw, now requires no conc and at adept1 counterattacks the first 3 melee hits at 100%, and then does nothing; 30 second duration and 30 sec reuse on it.
    Other skills were combined, like the old bloodrage was removed and instead we now have an ae proc all the time when we're using the fury line. Reckless stance, our defensive stance, had physical mitigation bonuses added to it. The havoc line is now a conc buff. The tides of war line are now group strength buffs that use conc. Focus Rage and Rage are about the same. Our old group strength buff, i think it was, now allows everyone in your group a chance to go berserk when they hit or get hit and requires offensive stance and a conc slot. We have a self regen buff, which lasts 15 minutes and requires no conc, and a group regen buff that requires 1 conc, both stack. With reckless stance on, havoc, and both regens, i end most fights with melee mobs at 100% hp. Caster mobs seem to kick my [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] a little more than they did before.
    Both stances require 3 conc, and everything else i had that requires conc uses 1, so you can have your main stance and 2 others to switch around based on what you wanna do, making us more flexible.

So in all we traded a little bit of dps for better tanking a lot better survivability.

Havent done any grouping yet but plan to tomorrow, and will post again.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bathory72 Guest

thx for the info :)

is it possible that you do some screenshots
  16. ARCHIVED-christmascracker Guest

Thanks for that Svanny :smileyhappy: Some great information there. Very much appreciated.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dryzlil Guest

OMG i think I just lost my lunch. Well, at least now nothing will be expected of me .....EVER. Good bye to being in the top 5 dps per raid 8(
    Ravi
    Level 50 zerker
    Atrocity
    Permafrost
  18. ARCHIVED-Svanny Guest

im **** and only 38, but here's what i've got:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-tnefoote Guest

Wow thanks for the screen shots!! I think it's gonna take me some tinkering to get used to all the buffs being changed around and all the new spells added.
  20. ARCHIVED-Bathory72 Guest

Thank you.

wow, after a year i got a whole new class..............:smileysad:

Message Edited by Bathory72 on 08-07-2005 03:14 AM