Any way to finish epic 2.0 without....

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Theodious, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Theodious Member

Is there any way to finish epic 2.0 without having a crafter? I don't craft. Never have. Why is it now you have to do everything yourself when that's something about the game you don't do? Why has DB decided to make you do things in order to finish a necessary quest? I call BS on your part DB!!
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

We've been complaining about that particular part since we found out about it. Even many of us (like myself) who have practically all of our characters already at 100 crafting felt it was a bad idea. But unfortunately DB is with the "if you want it, you have to grind out everything like I did" people and it's not likely to change at this point.

Apparently we aren't going to be allowed to only be one or the other anymore.
    SolarFaire, Prissetta and santargria like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No quest is "necessary". You don't HAVE to get your Epic 2.0. And you've been required to craft to do heritage quests off and on since the launch of the game.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, yes.
    I craft on all of my toons, but like Finora, I think this requirement for epic 2.0 is a bad idea.
    Alenna, SolarFaire and Prissetta like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

You've never had to be a level cap crafter before though.
    Alenna likes this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

"Have it your way" - Burger King

This is the opposite of that.
    Juraiya likes this.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

You are extremely disconnected from the player base if you don't think you have to have it.

You MUST have your 2.0 or you don't group, you don't dps, you don't raid, you will not set foot into experts. It took me a day to grind out a 100 crafter. kinda glad I finally did. Saved me alot on infusers and other items (runes and adornments and stuff).

What y'all should be complaining about is the gap between experts and heroics, the gap between casuals and raiders (NOTE: There should always be a gap here, but not this big of a gap), and the gated content.
    Juraiya and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, I'm spot on. You can do all the solo content without the epic 2.0. You are making a choice to do group content. I realize that's a popular choice, but it IS a choice. You have to decide for yourself whether the effort of getting the epic 2.0 is worth it or not.
    Quiarrah likes this.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I refer to that gap as the new 'uncanny valley'. It's Grand Canyon sized.
    Juraiya and Vunder like this.
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous. Your average casual player has 15-20k potency. Your average raider (like myself) has about 20-30k. Your hardcore people are pushing 60k potency with spikes into the 70's 80's

Average player dps is around 800m-1billion.
    I run with raiders that push 4-5 billion...im sure do even more than that.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

I generally agree with a lot of things you say, but saying stuff like " well you could just not group!" in an mmo is absurd. Sure there are people who chose not to (me for example and I also have chosen not to bother with my 2.0 yet either despite having the all or at least most of the prereqs done before the expansion was even released). Most people play to group though, and 2.0 much like epic repercussions before it has become pretty much required.

When the new expansion releases, devs say 2.0 won't be 'required' but will be important so you can bet your rear end that groups/raids everything will require it as price of attending in new content. Saying 'well you don't HAVE to have it" is all well and good if you have a solid group of players you hang with that does not care about it. However, the reality of the situation is that people are and will be required to get their 2.0 by the players if not by design or be forced into solo play.

So, getting to 100 crafter is absolutely required for everyone now if they want to ever do anything as part of a group which is the whole reason some people play.
    Alenna and Mermut like this.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Without a 2.0 you will not be grouping, unless you have guildies or someone that will take pity on you and 'carry you'. You may as well not even buy it, unless you are going to solo to 110 and then do them solo to start building towards a 'heroic' group setup, of course you will still be so far behind the 'new curve' that none of that will matter even if you pay to go over the wall.
  13. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Apparently we aren't going to be allowed to only be one or the other anymore

While most of my characters ARE both, I don't think you should HAVE to be both. It wasn't that way in EQ. At least not back when I was playing before EQ2 even existed.
    Alenna, Mermut and Finora like this.
  14. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I disagree. I haven't even bothered to start on the 2.0 epic on any of mine and I get through just fine. But I don't raid. So I guess it's not a big deal. Maybe that's part of that whole elitist mentality some of us have been talking about.
    SolarFaire and Quiarrah like this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

A person can accomplish as much or as little as they want in this game. But wanting parity because you are not willing to do what it takes to accomplish the harder tasks in game is just....silly. Whether it is leveling a crafter, raiding or just joining an active guild that will give you access to more groups than LFG. Whatever.

In your journey in Norrath...you & only you are responsible for your level of accomplishment.
    Kittybock and Kuulei like this.
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

Since I've maxed most of my characters in crafting well before maxing adventuring, it isn't a problem for me personally. That said, some people don't like to craft. The epic 2.0 is an adventuring item, I really don't see the logic in requiring max crafting to do it.
    Alenna, Mermut, Finora and 1 other person like this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Exactly, and forcing adventurers to craft actually hurts people who just want to craft and sell stuff (like the infusers and what not). Because once they've leveled it, why not use it? Oh look, no more need to buy stuff from the crafters.
    Mermut, Juraiya and Shmogre like this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Epic 2.0. BIS weapon through the next xpac. It shouldn't be easy. It should be a real p.i.t.a to get this item...and it is.

Only well rounded characters need apply.
    Kittybock and Kuulei like this.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

I only have raid armor to hit CB cap. The biggest thing isnt heroic to raider. It's from solo players to T4 raiders. Most BiS gear xpac is soloable. Outside of T4 gear which is absurdly better than any previous raid gear.
    Vunder likes this.
  20. Vunder Well-Known Member

If I'm comparing the right gear, your average T1 gear adds an average of 190 potency/100-150CB. Your T4 gear adds 550potency/250+ cb (before bonuses from tithe)

That is an gigantic leap in stats.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.