Any Warlocks wishing they went wizard?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Hacattack, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sac_joker Guest

Nah, I don't really "Feel Bad"...but I don understand that we prolly could help our classes better if we didn't actually blast each other so much. It just makes me sick when EVERYONE else hates on us, then calls us arrogant or self-centered for defending our own class. Everyone compares their class to ours...why? Because we actually work (closer than most classes) to the way SOE designed us to. Now since EVERYONE cries they want to do this BIG combat revamp which will prolly be a BIG nerf the Warlock fest. Now EVERYONE else gets to have what they want and we get shafted (since combat revamp isn't out yet I am only preparing myself for the worst...just in case it happens).
    It just sucks because there are so many Wizzy's that make sense and I would go to bat for anyday to get them fixed, but then there are idiots (that don't have a clue how to REALLY play their class) that make me say to hell with it let them stay broke...they want us nerfed fucck it let them rot in end game hell.
    But in an effort to not be an arsehole I will refrain from replying to the "Bad Wizards" out there...unless they are totally wrong.
  2. ARCHIVED-Darkkath Guest

A couple of Wizzy and Warlock is pretty useful. Been in a couple of parties with a wizzy, and most mobs don't last long. I was applying those spells that make Fire and Cold hit harder (Freeze Whorl and Incineration), and the Wizzy was doing almost same dmg as me. (Lvls 21-24 approx. Around 250-320 dmg). So I don't understand why fight against Wizzies.
    My spells were Apprentice 2, I don't know the wizzie's spell levels.
  3. ARCHIVED-Techneman Guest

i was a little upset at first when i realized the surplus of wizards on my server and the rarity of warlocks. But then again, being one of the top wizards on the server makes it all that much better. I had 2 65 wizards on different servers in eq1, and i have no regrets in picking wizard again. Both wizards and warlocks got screwed over in certain aspects, and there is lots more screwing over to be done im sure, but both classes are fun to play and greatly sought after in exp groups for their uber dps. The argument between wizards and warlocks gets really old sometimes... instead we should just laugh at the people who picked summoner classes who can't solo half as well as their eq1 counterparts and do craptastic dps compared to us. :smileywink:
    Technemanos 50 wizard of Befallen
  4. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Yes everyone form a coalition against Tar~Palantir!
    Yawn, some of you are so deluded(Salbluee, maybe your hair-band is on to tight missie), or just so plain stupid(Sac_Joker) that even if you united, the arguements would be so tupid i would fall out of my chair laughing. I am almost doing this as I listen to some of your drivel.
    Sal Bluee=SoE fanboi=everything is perfect=democrat. Even if you leave out the latter point, I still KNOW that is correct.

I am not your only critic.
  5. ARCHIVED-anshar Guest

Tar-Palantir. You have repeatedly been rude to people who have not attacked you (and a to few that have). You have made insultory comments. You have just been plain mean. However...I do not propose a 'coalition against Tar~Palantir' I propose a coalition against whatever has made you so bitter. I know it is not me. I cannot imagine it is Sal Bluee. It is probably not even those that have been insultory towards you. Unless I miss my guess, it is the feeling that SOE is not taking your concerns seriously. I will make you a challenge. Try to be more civil. Try not to be so aggressive against other players. I feel that if you do this, not only will you have fewer personal attacks, you will have more allies working towards fair and positive changes for the class you feel so strongly about. Before you say that you do not care if anyone helps you, etc...remember, there is strength in numbers. A unified front can only help resolve your issues. If you do not take me up on my challenge, you are merely forcing my (and possibly others') opinion of your motives to change for the worse. Please...help us help you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

You want an explanation, fine, let me rationalize it:
    Root of problem- SoE's idiocy.
    Posterboy(example that effects me) of problem: Wizard/Warlock
    What Really annoys me: Those who trumpet how I am a nut/nothing is wrong/ the half truth that just
    resistances need to change/or that wizards have utility.
    -Salbluee
    -Anshar
    -Sac Joker
    - Others who don't merit me listing all their names.
  7. ARCHIVED-RedDcshnd Guest

As a 30 warlock, I have been grouping with a wizzy that has pretty much always been 2 levels ahead of me since we were in our early 20's. I have always outdamaged her, usually by around 33% depending on the mob and length of battle. She always seems to run oop a good 30-45 seconds before me, as well. I think there is something wrong with that. Wizzies and Warlocks should be practically equal when it comes to our main function. I have even noticed other classes beginning to take note that warlocks are much better at their job, and are starting to choose warlocks over wizards whenever possible. Luckily for wizards, warlocks are still few and far between. Hopefully with the combat update, we can be back on equal ground... or balanced, as they like to try and call it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

Finally, a warlock that is not afraid to tell the truth. Hoorah and 5 stars for you. Expect to see repercussions from your fellow warlocks though.
  9. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

We all know nothing is going to change until Sony pull their finger out and release the combat update. Why are we still arguing?
  10. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

yeah Wizard must have about same dps then Warlock.
    But then warlock need a few utility spell or something that maintain us betther soloer.

If both Wiz/Warlock have same dps I think its fair that Wizard ahve the group tool while we do have the solo ones. Warlock are master of poisoning and decay. I don't think that make us really social character.
  11. ARCHIVED-RedDcshnd Guest

I suppose I can see where you are coming from, but I hate soloing. I only solo when I absolutely have to. Why pay to play a mmorpg and then not bother to play with others? Anyway, I would prefer it if they treated us about like they did the pally's and shadowknights. Even though we are considered neutral classes and exist in both cities, let the wizards be buff-oriented and have the warlock be more for debuffs. Probably true already, since I'm only 30 and have a lot more game to see, but as it is it feels like I have a little bit of both.

I'm still trying to figure out what all this utility is that wizards have. Mana battery on raids? They can keep that... Evac? That's probably somewhat useful. So boost the wizzies dps up to our levels, and give us something akin to evac, eh?
  12. ARCHIVED-Atdan Guest

I have avoided posting to this thread due to the flames and such but it now looks like our two classes are ready to work together on this and quit the bickering( except for some who keep posting negitive posts)

What RedDcshnd has posted here is true and I don't see why there will be repercussions from this statement. What he fails to see is the end game because he's only 30. I have just hit 45 Warlock and started into the end game and I have seen what a lv 50 Wizzy can do. Not just with Ice Comet but how they can help the group in the whole and not just 50 wizzys but the 45+ ones also. I have seen first hand that a wizard is just not on a raid to feed power. Anyone who has taken the time to learn how to play a wizard is true wonder to watch in combat. As it is now until a wizard hits the end game they will not be able to out nuke a warlock.
    I have said all along that wizards need to be looked at and brought up to speed on dps with the warlock in the lower levels. I have grouped with wizards thru the levels and tried not to make them feel bad because I was doing more damage but try to be positive for them( this is coming out wrong but I suck at words)
    As others have asked lets use this thread to come together and use it to gather info to help both our classes an quit the petty remarks

Chipper Bogglecog 45 Warlock
  13. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

In response to the OP:
    No, I'm happy being a warlock. Was happy in beta, happy live. Why? Because I like the idea of being a warlock as opposed to anything else (including wiz). Wizards seem a bit cheezy to me -- the norm of just about any fantasy book I've read. Fire/Ice -- big booms, pretty colors and paper thin.
    I've always been drawn more to necromancer type lore ... except well, the big part of it -- having an undead pet. As a warlock (even though we can be "good or evil") I can roleplay the way I prefer and not have to depend on a pet (or be secondary dps).
    We aren't perfect, we never have been. I'd say about 1/2 of the spells I've gotten have never gotten a spot on my hotbar.
    I would like to see more story and lore to go with our class, subclass, race and all that. And I hope the combat/spell revamp will keep us at the top of the dps pyramid (alongside our wizard brothers.)
    But there's not a day I've ever wished I'd chosen Wizard over Warlock.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 06-26-2005 09:02 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Sac_joker Guest

I agree with both of these statements...and I for one have NEVER said that we aren't more Mana Efficient or that I can't outdamage a Wizard. What I have said NUMEROUS times is that Wizards are NOT FUBAR or even half as bad as some Wizards (I am not talking about one person either, there are many) would like us all to believe.
    The problem is comparing. It is still not pointed out ANYWHERE that we are supposed to be "EQUAL"...I have seen "Roughly Equal" mentioned. If some people blasting off at the mouth about "equal this, equal that" or "Wizards are supposed to be the TOP DPS in the game it says so" would take time to check what people have written in the past about this issue (since it isn't new) many of the people that a certain Wizard here continues to blast at have spoken up to help Wizards in better mana costs per spell or better dps at the lower levels.
    We here are not fighting against helping Wizards perform their job functions better we are fighting against a certain Wizards incorrect view points about Warlocks functions in group, Wizards (REAL) function in group and the fact that TOP DPS can go either way. Right now Warlocks have it, tomorrow Wizards could have it...it is not written ANYWHERE who is supposed to be TOP DOG in the yard. It just so happens that Warlocks get their biggest DD at Lv37 and Wizards get theirs at Lv50...but we (warlocks) didn't create the game we just play it...so all this hating on Warlocks about what we have and what we get (basically trying to get us broken) does nothing but make us angry.
    And Tar, you can keep taking childish pot shots by name dropping in your posts it doesn't change the any of the facts at hand:
    Your class isn't FUBAR, if you think it is that is your opinion (and you are free to have it) and Warlocks didn't break it...so STOP trying to get ours broken. If you want your class fixed we Warlocks (I believe) will try to help you Wizards in your attempts, but shooting off false facts about us and attempting to break us so that Wizards SEEM fixed or more powerful won't do it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

We're far from being even roughly equal. Roughly equal BTW is not being outdamaged by a warlock 3 lvls below you, even if when you have adept III's
  16. ARCHIVED-kesica Guest

This post is pointless and should be lock just because of all the false and misleading statements being made.

(from page 3)
    Comparing Ice comet to Devastation? Please! one is a damage over time spell( adept 3 667 1.5 sec duration 6 sec Ae) and the other is a direct damage ( adept 3 3600 plus damage). Oh and yes Devastition does get resisted alot)

anyways

~k

Message Edited by kesica on 06-27-2005 11:44 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Darkkath Guest

Have any Wizzy tried testing it's power with a mob with no Ice or Fire resistance, and see who does more dmg Wizzy or Warly?
    And for those discontent Wizzys, why not make a warly and end your suffering? You want to be powerful, do a Warly; Want to see beautiful colors be a Wizzy.
    At least I can say that some Wizzys are happy with their abilities regardless of their weaknesses. The discontent wizzys should see that Warlys have weaknesses too. But they are so close minded that they don't see them.
    In the end, every profession will depend on one another to cover it's weaknesses. :smileywink:
  18. ARCHIVED-Faarwolf Guest

Tar~Palantir, you may express your opinions but leave out the excessive namecalling.
  19. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Tar~Palantir Guest

What an absolutely absurd post. As I go back through the logs, Wolfie should be reprimanding Warlocks, not me.
    Hats off to Sony, their reps, and their single digit IQ's!