Any Warlocks wishing they went wizard?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Hacattack, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Hacattack Guest

The title says it all, I like the wizards spells but I also like the warlocks, and right now I am leaning towards the warlock, so just wondering if their is any warlocks out there who wish they went wizard?
  2. ARCHIVED-Fepple Guest

Not I.

Make a point of correcting people if they call me a "wizzie" (mainly joking - you know). Generic term should be wizlock.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sac_joker Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I think those kind of people already re-rolled their char into a Wizard and be more active in the Wizard section of the forum, don't you think?
    Message Edited by Deathspell on 06-07-2005 08:07 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

I have both; wizards don't have good dpm and there's plenty more *braindead* wizards than there are warlocks because wizard numbers are so much higher.
  6. ARCHIVED-Molrot Guest

On my server there are way more Wizzies than Warlocks. This is a dbl win for me rigth now. I dont like playing a popular toon for one. And two, our dps is defienetely higher than Wiz's. Fro some reason people just GO Wiz mostly. Maybe most people dont know about the dmg, maybe they dont like the idea of poison and disease doing there dmg, maybe the term Wizard is popular because we all grew up as kids knowing what a Wizard was and never heard of a Warlock.

What ever the reason, i love fact that WArlocks arent played as much even when we rule the game in dps. I have never second guessed my decision to go this path.
  7. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Curently I know many Wiz that whish they went Warlock.
  8. ARCHIVED-Detzo Guest

Why would i want to be ****? lol :D

Detzo (Toxxulia)
    50Warlock/50Tailor
  9. ARCHIVED-Darkkath Guest

I was in a party yesterday with a wizard 2 lvls over me, he was a Kerra (maybe that's it), I'm a wood elf, I was doing way more dmg than he was. I didn't notice when atacking the same creature (but it goes down fast), but i did when attacking 2 creatures of the same type and lvl side-by-side. So I guess a in dps much better to have a warlock. :smileywink:
  10. ARCHIVED-Oumana Guest

Just remember, things change. **** one day, master of the arcane the next....

;)
  11. ARCHIVED-SalBluee Guest

We're not ****. I dont care what anyone else says about our class, but we are FAR FAR FAR from ****. I suppose being the highest consistant single target damage dealer is overshadowed by our inability to hit things in 80% of all the lvl 50+ EPIC raid mobs.
    Dont believe the hype that many would have you believe about Wizards being gimped. We're a wholly capable class and have a couple of problems to work out.
    I love my Wizard and wouldnt trade her for anything.
  12. ARCHIVED-SaintJeremy Guest

i very much wish i had made a wizard. VERY MUCH.
    wizards have evac
    wizards have MUCH better buffs. the intesify line is especially strong, and the HP buffs they have also are strong.
    Wizards get a mez. not a particularily strong mez but a mez
    aesthetically wizard things look MUCH MUCH better. fires and explosion vs. a green gas cloud? cloak of flames vs. being a frog? cool looking coatl pet vs having a bat?
    Wizards have MUCH MUCH better mana regen spells. and they are a lot more interesting too.
    multiple wizards in a group are a lot more useful than multiple warlocks due to the dot stacking issue, although both classes get screwed there to some degree.
    the wizard tether line of roots is good. the paralyzing fear spells are mostly useless.
    it looks like soe is going to make warlock superior in aoe damage and wizard superior in Single Target. you tell me which of those two is more useful?
    and finally, when i signed up to be a warlock all our spells on both our classes were busted. it was obvious that they were both going to be fixed so i decided one nuker is as good as another and went with the more evil sounding one. note that i said nuker. I DO NOT NOW, NOR WILL I EVER IN THE FUTURE, DESIRE TO PLAY A DOT CLASS. i signed up to be a pure nuker plain and simple. i dont care if devastion is better in some peoples opinion. i dont care if the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] thing gets out its cheque book and sends me 20 bucks everytime i cast it. i wanted a big nuke, not a dot. i played eq1 for ages and i will be damned if i ever get saddled with a useless dot class again.
    all that said, currently warlocks have higher dps. maybe 25 to 30 percent higher not counting aoes. and that 25 to 30 percent at 50. before that the difference is trivial. the biggest factor is whether the mob is particularily resistant to poison or the elemental damages.
    so if you want to have half of your useful pre 50 nukes at 24 and the other half at 37 then warlock is the class for you.
    if you want to have nearly every spell on your main hotbar be grey and spend the rest of your life cycling between nil distortion and dark distortion the warlock is your class.
    if you want to watch green gas spead out of your body all the time and occasionaly spread out arround what ever you are attacking then definately take warlock.
    yt
    tyrant.

BTW the fixed duration root on both classes at 40 is BEYOND BROKEN. definately most broken spell in game for both parties. a massively negative influence on the game that allows you to do away with groups, tanks, healers, and basicly anything that is not a wizard or warlock. all those stories about how some guy soloed something really dumb are entirely based off of those two spells. if sony fixes nothing else ever then please just fix those two spells, bony grasp and ring of cold!!!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Never listen to Saintjeremy. he is a jalous wizard that come on warlock board every week to do some whinning. He always trow some miss information. I don't know why he is that stupid but he is. Maybe that he forgot to breath when he was born so he got a lots of death cell in his brain.

He suck as bad as my english IMO.
  14. ARCHIVED-Darkkath Guest

I'm not saying wizard is bad, I haven't tried it yet so I can't say. However, so far the couple of intances where i have grouped with a wizard with a higher level than me. I have out damage the wizard. :smileywink:
    But there are always several factors like race, attributes, buffs, and equipment.
    If you really want a powerful one, go either Dark elf or High elf. And dump lots of money in intelligence equipment. :smileytongue:
  15. ARCHIVED-tiki-jiki Guest

Wizard is a good class. I go out with a similar level wizard all the time. His damage is decent, plus his utility does come in handy.
  16. ARCHIVED-FilanFyretracker Guest

i toy with the thought from time to time but if i ever joined a guild that raided from what i hear wizards end up mana pumping the healers. and well im not gunna pump clerics when i play a DPS class and should be blasting the mob into next week.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nebularius Guest

Last night I grouped with two guildies in NEK. One is a Templar and the other is a Berserker both at level 25. Now I am not bragging here so let me get that out of the way......
    We are working on a HQ and started by collecting owl bear meats. At times we had 8-10 at a time (heroics) from adds. Also at times we would get large adds of Thex nad Dragoon sentries.
    Of course the healer drew aggro... My job? Kill it fast and get it off him when that happens. Blast with suffocating breath (adept III) then slam with Dark Distortion (adept III) hit for an average of >150 points + >500 then finish with ice spike for >220. Quick, clean, efficient....
    Then turn to perimeter bears and start picking them off. My kill ratio over the tank was better than 2:1. Sure I had to catabloize my health a few times to continue casting but because I am a provisioner too I carry stacks of food and drink so no problems after the battle regenerating it.
    I group with a wizard a level higher than me to in Nek and I always play the tank if it is he and I LOL. I just root the mob I pick, he roots his. I kill mine then finish of his. I f I draw aggro and start getting beat on ne problem it will die before I do because by the time the root breaks I have it nearly dead anyway.
    I would not play a wizard ( even though I like them) because I dont want to be anyones Duracell or Eveready.
  18. ARCHIVED-ellrycs Guest

I played a Wizard in EQ1 and had alot of fun with that character. When I started playing EQ2 figured it was time for a change, so I went with the Warlock. And I haven't looked back since, no regrets here.

Rilifane Rallathil
  19. ARCHIVED-kesica Guest

Not me :)

I played a wizard for 3 years on the povar server in eqlive and I'm glad that I went warlock. There are so many more wizards than warlocks on my server.

anyways

~k
    Message Edited by kesica on 06-07-2005 11:25 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

On the other side everyone is welcome in RAID if he is wizzard and RAIDs are End content of this game. Warlocks contraversory are welcome in RAIDs where end mob is not resistent to Poison/desease and gruop had decent Helaer to keep Warlock alive. We draw aggro much frequently as wizzards.

So for progression throught lvls Warlock is better but at end Wizzy are better.