Any scout classes that dont have positional requirements?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Karaoke, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Karaoke Member

Curious if there any scout classes that dont have a backstab in their rotation? I notice that bards have them so I am curious if this just a universal thing with scouts? Is there a training dummy I can test a rotation if I try a heroic character? Like to feel what character suits my playstyle.

Thanks.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Swashy's get a walk the plank spell that will spin the mob, it makes it really easy to get in your hit from behind spells. Other than that I know Ranger and Swashy's have the backstab spells. Not sure on other classes haven't played them.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I believe all scouts have positional attacks that require back or flank attacks. If you just want to do big damage without worrying about positionals, then try Wizard or Warlock.
  4. Karaoke Member

Thanks for the quick response. Last question. Healer related. Which healing class don't do much dps during raids (arent required) or do all healers have to mix in DPS spells to maximize their healing? Also which would match well with a wizard/warlock.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In a raid, as a healer, you turn on your autoattack and if you happen to have some time between heals/wards/cures you throw an attack or ascension. Every little bit of extra DPS is helpful in a raid, but that's not your job as a healer.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

In raids, all healers are expected to do as much dps as they can while keeping their groups alive and stable.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

all (most) healers have spells that heal/damage at same time

what comes in mind are mostly druids and inquisitors

now I know mystics also have buffs/wards that have a damage component and u certainly will find a mix of healing/damaging in all heal classes.

but the most commons are druids and inquisitors, where healing while dpsing is really a feature of those classes (mostly through AA)

furies match well. mystics also

for exemple as druid AA

you have infusion (damage when cast a heal)
    natural boon (heal when u do a melee attack)
    stormcaller's renewal (heal when you hit with a spell)
    protective instinct (makes a ward depending on the recorded damage done)
    howling with the pact (does heal 25% of damage done)

... and so on
  8. Miroh Well-Known Member

Well back on topic of scouts. All scouts have some CAs that require flanking or behind targets. Swashes and Brigands both have an AA that can turn the mobs for a short time but I don't know of the other scouts.

Scouts, we like to do it from behind, as the saying goes.