Any reason I need Destiny of Velious or Age of Discovery

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Fusionwolf, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Fusionwolf Guest

Just came back to the game and my highest character is a 52 Froggie Paly in which I'm having a blast playing again. I have all expansions up to and including Sentinel's Fate. I did look at both expansions over on the website and tried to get some info about each one, but I'm not 100% sure about it.
    Is there any reason I need DoV or AoD right now? - not really interested in rolling up a Beastlord.

Thank you!
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Nope. You won't need DoV until L85 / 250 AA.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Until level 85+ (in either adv. or TS) there's nothing for you in DoV. (how fast you'll get to 85+ is up to you, but right now you don't need DoV)
    AoD doesn't have any content, so if you're not interested in the features which come with it (beastlord, DYOD, merc etc) you don't need it either.
  4. ARCHIVED-Fusionwolf Guest

Thank you both for your responses on this.
    Now that I think about it the Merc option would be nice for soloing so I may just pick up AoD, but Velious can wait.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

At lower levels, the mercs are on the expensive side.
  6. ARCHIVED-Fusionwolf Guest

Do you know what the cost would be for level 50ish character?
  7. ARCHIVED-apwyork Guest

Guess next question would be are merc in the expansion or are they in the GU?
  8. ARCHIVED-Tollymore Guest

They are in the expansion.

Sooner or later Im expecting one use "gold seal" hirelings for station cash, for people who didnt buy the expansion.