Any real reason to play a zerk ?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Kota, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Ignius_Superion Guest

I would have to agree that zerkers are definately a fun class to play. The AE's and the AE auto attack off the myth are simply awesome.
    However, on my zerker I have serios agro issues. Even in what would be considered a medium to light dps group. I've tried every AA spec I can come across, from EQ2 Flames, to advice from other zerkers, to just making up my own and absolutely nothing seems to work. Even while having hate transfers going I still constantly lose agro with little to no explaination. Most of my CA's are at least Expert level and my taunts are mastered. I've tried all sorts or gear, from Hate procs like Hate Spike, I've tried full blown tank gear and nothing seems to work. I'm just honestly not sure what else to do, because I want to be able to tank an instacne/raid if I have to, more than likely an instance cuz I don't raid much. I've acted as an off tank, but ONLY because I have agro issues.
    I still hold to the class though, its still fun to play even if I can't MT, and I've always liked the idea of walking up to something and beating it mercilessly with an axe ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Well there is this:
    Crusaders, (Shadowknights especially), have a nerf target painted clearly on their back. It's only a matter of time.
  3. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

zerkers are the funnest class i have played to date in my years but even still they become easier to play as time goes on taking the skill out of the class. with that they also become more bland and better at nothing which to me is killing the class and my enthusiasm to play it.
    i have played a crusader and it is an annoying class to play, however, it has a higher cieling for what you can do with it versus as a warrior in almost every area now. granted i haven't played a crusader all the way to endgame but you can level a warrior and crusader side by side and see where the strengths and weaknesses grow as you move upward.

crusaders have had a target painted on them for a while now, for good reason. not that they didn't deserve some love but i have never seen any other class be ahead for going on 2 years now. i pointed out the disparities at the beginning of the expansion prior to this one. their complaints since have been laughable comparatively speaking. in the end you should play the class you prefer, a reason such as power versus skill shouldn't be a ruling factor but it is and still is because no one likes to feel their class has a thumb holding it down. i of course would prefer a bit of balance, knowing that there will never be a 100% balance between classes because they are different and everyone will view them differently.
  4. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

I betrayed BACK to Zerk after i finished my Epic Reprocussions and i LOVE BEING A ZERK. Feels Strong, like holding a Steel Chainsaw with a 30" bar. Heavy, Hard, Hurtful.
    I had forgotten what its like to be a Zerk, Kill em all, and GO! harder next time.
  5. ARCHIVED-asteldian Guest

I play an SK, Pally and Zerker (all low lvl) the SK was my first as I had him years ago before I stopped playing. The first thing I noticed when I made a zerker is how insanely long it takes to get some AE attacks (aside from the first crappy one) and how weak it was compared to the SK. Even the Pally gets a couple of AE before the Zerker does which seemed very odd as I thought the Zerker is the AE tank.
    I enjoy the Zerker, and he is fun to play, but I have to admit the SK and Pally seem to be better
  6. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i've never even been fond of zerker AE's. they can be quite powerful if you prepare for it and shoot all of it off otherwise they are annoyingly easy with the mythical due to how easy it is to lose DPS without timing attacks on your AoEs. zerks don't have any real super AE attacks otherwise. i usually found myself only firing off one attack with one auto attack while waiting for the big ones to pop back up(which usually was every other fight, maybe once each fight).
  7. ARCHIVED-Artalis the Elder Guest

Zerkers are a tank class that requires dedication and skill to excel at but the potential is definitely there.
    Crusaders tend towards more dps at the high end and they get to do that dps while rolling sword and board which makes them superior in some ways but Zerkers can be pretty amazing with the right aa's and some skill.
    Pally's and Sk's get maybe one OH CRAP defensive skill that matters.
    Zerkers can half their incoming damage for extended periods (adrenaline) can tank an insane amount of mobs and keep themselves alive (battle frenzy) and bring a fairly decent amount of their own buffage haste and dps-wise. We have an array of defensive abilities that we can stagger to increase our survivability while crusaders have one each (stone wall and furor) and a couple death saves (divine favor(?) and bloodletter)
    Insolence is still probably the best (and most dangerous) aoe snap aggro tool in the game and Sneering Assault (?) is an aoe rescue on like a minute recast.
    All in all it's a a solid, fun tanking class and while I love my pally for the versatility, the zerker will always be the tank that keeps me coming back.
    And then there's the flavor factor.
    Shiny Holy Warrior, Scary Evil Knight or Raging Bloodthirsty Savage; its up to you.
  8. ARCHIVED-ailen Guest

Tenka is a great Berserker, one of the best PVP Zerkers on the Nagafen server.
    The issue with this thread and some of the answers is that its a generic question asked without the caveat of information coming from people who play in the same environment.
    I have played Berserker since before Nagafen came online in one way shape or form. When Nagafen launched I made an SK and got him to 70 before quitting it out of frustration of its lack of ability to tank anything somewhat difficult at the time. Shadowknights were the bottom of the food chain back then for being able to keep aggro and mitigate incoming damage... Impossible? no, but not user friendly at all. I actually abandoned the class and made a new Berserker because i knew they'd be a fun pvp class while actually being able to tank stuff.
    crusader is a neat concept, a magic weilding tank who can do decent dps with a sword in hand... doing two types of damage has its benefits in PVP... mitigating one well doens't necesarrily mean you'll mitigate the other well.
    A berserker is a beast in PVP, as he well knows, but on Nagafen people also rate fun factor in what is going to allow them to win. Its not enough to "just get by" ... having fun also means being able to win. It is a sad state of affairs that crusaders are so good at what they do... they were given things like donation of armament because they were supposed to be a utility off-tank... but now, they can do everything a warrior can and in some cases better.
    My suggestion for you is to roll a crusader, and see its not going to be that much better. The state of PVP is bad no matter what you're playing right now.
    My opinion is that crusader is slightly more fun to play... they make better main tanks than zerkers (my opinion) but a zerker has the advantage in PVP aggro... the myth clicky is just too good...
    This berserker ailen has been around a LONG time, but his gear sucks because honestly no matter what I play I get bored of it in a few weeks, just because PVP is bad bad bad right now. I'll swap and play some, swap again and play some, swap again.
    I think what I'm trying to say is this. Rerolling probably won't fix what you're feeling right now. However, it would be a way to chew up more of your time gearing up and learning to play it until either they fix it, or something else better comes out.