Any real reason to play a zerk ?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Kota, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i have a good zerk (almost 21k unbuffed 225aa) but i'm teetering on the edge of lvling a crusader, or quitting altogether.

so besides the response of: 'to be different than all the crusaders', is there any real reason to stay zerk ? there's a reason so many ppl play crusaders.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Because Zerkers are fun, and they kick serious butt. Do you really need a reason besides that?
  3. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i admire your enthusiasm, but for me it's the 'kickin butt' part that i like. crusaders just do it better.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ellygee Guest

I would encourage all who are interested in playing Crusader to do so. Vote with your feet. Play the class you have more fun with. At the end of the day mass migration and abandoned toons are the best way to measure class imbalance. If at that point, the devs don't address class imbalance to your satisfaction, quitting altogether is another option.
    I'm still having fun playing my Zerk. I dabbled with an SK but it didn't really excite me much. I might try a Pally if things get a little meh on the SF progression.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

yeah i would just re roll but i don't think i have it in me to lvl another toon up.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ocello Guest

Zerk > Crusader
    Crusaders are Fisher Price, Zerkers are Tonka.
    IF you suck at playing a Zerker, then be my guest and go play with the simple toys.
    I see nothing wrong with my Zerker.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

zerk > crusader at what ? zonewide parse ? aggro ? pvp ? no, no, and no. given the nonsensical nature of your post i have a sneaking suspicion that my zerk > yours. and be honest with yourself, tanking is 90% gear and 10% knowledge, with a smidge of hand-eye coordination in there. mash buttons and turn mobs with frontals. pop temps when you're getting beat down. use snaps when you lose aggro. nothing tricky about playing a zerk. trying to ask an honest question here and you come at me with toys. yes a zerk can tank fine. i'm considering rolling a toon that can do it better than fine. if you have anything factual or insightful please feel free to reply.
  8. ARCHIVED-Randomaxe Guest

I would have to know if you plan on raiding with your crusader? Does your raid already have one? Most (if not all) raid zones require more than one tank, and having two or three Paladins in there doesn't hurt but doesn't help either. While zerks may not have Amends or Holy Ground, they hold hate pretty good with the right AA build, as well as bring some different buffs. If your job is to MT, Pally is a much better choice than zerker for sure. If you already have a MT, then the Zerk is a great choice for OT. My two cents.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

that's a pretty good answer. i don't raid tho, and i don't know if i ever will again. i mostly do instances, and i would like to pvp more, and i do bg's when they are up. yeah that's not much lately. i guess i'm just envious tbh. sk/pally are higher dps and have better aggro. they both eat zerks alive in pvp. everyone knows they are op, (except the devs, who obviously don't play this game) and they are the first choice for instance groups. so yeah, i'm just jealous.
  10. ARCHIVED-wwd2 Guest

AOEs.
    I've tried the other fighter classes and couldn't stand them long enough to get them off the island, or the training grounds. In the first couple of levels I feel like I can really burn mobs down. I like having all the AOEs by level twenty. I like watching multiple mobs fall.
    Maybe paladins can be specced to do that, but my experience is they can't do it "right out of the box" like a bersker can.
    So maybe paladins are better main tanks or have more power of whatever, but berserkers are still more fun for me.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

both crusaders do a lot of aoe damage.
  12. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

What we need is true 360° AE effects. Our mythical should hit in 360° and not only in front and it should hit 6 targets instead of 4.
    We don't have any AEs worth to speak off. The blue 360° one is a joke with its way too long cast and recast and so is the green encounter AE. What is the front AE good for at all? With its long cast time is only supresses the stronger autoattack.
    Devs simply refuse to see that. They put all the ideas into crusaders. They don't care about berserkers. Pushing SKs from rubbish to god mode has nothing to do with balance (balancing is not putting a heavy weight onto one side that formerly has been the lighter side).
    SKs have an insane single target dps output, multi target dps output, true 360° dps output and additionaly an insane output of pure hate. All this with at least the same or better survivability. Plus they have nice tools like FD and evac. They have all the advantages of spells (range) but without their disadvantages (0.5s cast time, cannot be interrupted). They also benefit most from the new stat system. They need to concentrate on one stat only (str) and can apply that to all that non-melee stuff. And why the heck can partially ranged spell based classes spec "teleport into melee range of a mob" whereas a 100% melee class like berserkers can not. They just put all the good ideas into crusaders and leave us in the rain.
  13. ARCHIVED-wwd2 Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    Not "right out of the box" and they don't look cool doing it either.
    But, it seems to me that you are the salesman for the crusaders. Or you have a packet of his literature. So, read the first reply to your post and go play a crusader. Me, I got tired of the blessing and cursing graphics real quick. I like watching my girl spin and slice.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bazill Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    Actually you should find that the zerk will do more dps than the pally although i think SK has the edge on zerk. At least thats what i find when i switch from zerk to pally and back again. Agro is down to the group i find and although pally has amends for a hate siphon if you play the zerk right you won't have any issue tbh, altough group make up can be crucial for the warriors in general.
    The biggest problem is that many people have gotten used to playing with crusaders and just open big where zerks take a few hits to get the hate up to allow them to do that. What i find is the biggest cruncher is the survivability in heroic content. My pally can take on yellow con ^^^ and survive reasonably well where as my zerk trying to do that gets his face kicked in. How many Zerks can take a 6 man group through Library without a healer? I've been doing that on my Pally since he was 85 and he's now 87 and still doing it. I think that is where the bulk of the problems are betwen warriors and crusaders. Warriors just don't have the tools available to them to match the crusaders in survivability in heroic content where as at raid level it is more evenly matched and it comes down to who can hold agro the best from the raid or who can get the best dps out of their fighter if they're OT and not tanking anything or 3rd tank.
  15. ARCHIVED-joxuj Guest

i always hate these kind fo threads they always get off track with which is best and which can do better at such......

the bottom line is play the class u want o play and get into playing as this will be the class u will be best at.

can crusaders do things beter don't know i have never played one don't care either.. my zerk mt's raids just fine.
  16. ARCHIVED-Slev Guest

Really the library?LOL Id venture to say any 90 zerker whos ran some instances and gotten new gear can solo all the trash in that zone. As for doing the names without a healer??! Dont pallys heal lol? I've done it all with healer afk and 4 dps. /adrenaline macro - Battle frenzy and the mobs dead before the 30 seconds it takes to run out. No kuddos to you for healing yourself while 5 others kill the mobs for you. Zerkers have more than enough tools to outlast the dmg of the named before any half ***** dps grp can burn them down. Sad sad example, in fact most of the zones this expansion are sad, I've completed all them within 2 weeks and thats taking into account the grind from 80-90, not that this is exceptional because i know people who have done them all faster than that.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Again, it comes down to "Berserkers are a fun class". If you don't find the class fun, don't play it. If you do find it fun, then by all means keep playing it.
  18. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Slev wrote:
    Shhh...
    No ... No, there is no reason to play a Zerk. Move along now. There is nothing to see here. These aren't the droids you're looking for.
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Not like SKs can't solo the same things, lol.
  20. ARCHIVED-Urgol Guest

Try tanking something that actually hits with a crusader, fail, then go back to your zerker. Of course if 5 or more nerfs is a required minimum for you to kill a mob, go with a crusader. And yes zerker aggro is better in a raid setting, AND zerker IS better at pvp because crusader cant aggro in pvp like, well, at all. Of course if your demands at pvp stop at solo leeching in bgs, then hell yes, go roll an sk. They make a perfect ballast-class.