any one know drop rate % for drop-able familiars?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by ForsakenFalcon, Nov 15, 2019.

1. ForsakenFalcon New Member

As title states.
    As a Beastlord with a drake warder and drake mount only thing i am currently missing is a drake familiar.
    I know I can get one ingame from a ingame drop off a drake corpse but I have been on and off mass farming them for the last 4 day's now with no drop in sight, this is getting pretty boring fast and halting my progression + fun and i'd simply buy one but that isn't even a option as market place only does random loot boxes and even then they don't even have any dragons or drakes for season 6 lol and no one is selling a drake familiar or dragon on broker so yeah running out of options and i sure as hell don't feel like continuing a subscription + cash shop items if all im going to be doing next month is randomly running in circles for no dropping drake familiar lol.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Familars should be invisible as default. I don't think it's usefull every player has a merc, a pet, a familar, a mount and the toon for the engine to render.

But i think there is a baby dragon as familiar
    Alyndrys, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Several of my characters got drake familiars from emerald drakes along the river of lava in Thalumbra (from the iksar cave, down the hill towards Nye'celona). The drop rate seems to have been changed from occasionally to near-impossible now though. But that is where I got mine from. Good luck!
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. ForsakenFalcon New Member

was that for the shadow or emerald drake? I am after the shadow to match my mount + warder, been farming lavastorm, darklight woods, breeding grounds, fabled halls of fate, some around veesper isles and various other spots i see wild drake and so far nothing, this is just making me want to sleep or play something else =/
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The drop rate is pretty low. I went in with my Conjy and AOE'd all the drakes in Darklight Wood, pretty much, and immediately got a drake familiar. Other characters haven't had the same results. It's just RNG and low possibility.

The most drakes in one place I can think of is the regular old Halls of Fate. There's two rooms full of baby drakes you can blow up with glorious abandon.
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Apologies - I think they are fire drakes along that path, not emerald drakes. But it was the Dark Shadow Drake familiar from Season 1 that they dropped (just been in game and checked one of my characters that has it).

They completely nerfed the drop rate to encourage people to buy the crates for DBC and take a chance on getting it (gambling - which is something I refuse to do).
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. ForsakenFalcon New Member

oh well =/ a little over a week on sub left i guess if i can't farm one before it run's out its time to move on and find a new game
    I'm not paying for another month to mindlessly farm for no outcome again.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. ForsakenFalcon New Member

just been informed season 1 familiars no longer drop, seem's i am screwed, welp this game was kinda fun i guess for the month i tried out the beastlord but yeah if this is the kind of paywall, hell can't even call it a paywall since season 1s aren't even for god dam sale, there goes my ambition and fun to want to play this game.

hope you dev's and higher ups' take into account, been stingy on 1 useless familiar for appearance reasons will not get me to continue my subcription, nor will it entice me to want to buy the expansion, and i sure as hell won't be buying station cash just for things like mount and merc lvl up timers.
    Juraiya, Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Is there a Drake Mercenary? Just asking cause you have to match all and what not. If there is, maybe get one of those instead. They might come out with an alternative familiar you can get later.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Ahhh I did not know that S1 familiars no longer drop. That explains why I can't get one on any of my other toons any more. Sorry, did not know that was the case.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  11. ForsakenFalcon New Member

Daeron Ashenwing the monk half dragon dude.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Orionza Active Member

I'm sorry you couldn't find what you were looking for. Last year (or longer) I spent days and days and days killing beetles because I wanted a beetle familiar from the Commonlands drops. I tried there and other places. I got nothing. I have never ever gotten any familiar drop on any toon, ever.

They need to fix this. Make the old stuff available in drops in the world. It will get more people playing and playing in the old world spaces as well. It's extremely frustrating and I almost quit as well because of this. It's the frustrating things that really stand out and make people angry and just leave.

I absolutely love this game but there are some things that are difficult to deal with, that would not kill the game if you added them. Adding all the old familiars as world drops would keep people busy a heckova long time.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  13. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

You can always do the daily Familiars Wild quest for a familiar crate with random loot from last season only :( I wish they would leave all seasons available there are only 2 or 3 types that drop.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Familiars_Wild
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I totally agree but in those lonely mornings when there are not many players around and you go harvesting it is always nice to have your little army of pets, pony, familiar, mercenary and of course the cute zelniak with you :) You just have to make sure to hide them when people are around :p
    Soara2 and Beee like this.
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

you guys should lighten up lol
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. ForsakenFalcon New Member

I paid 35 usd for the dragon something pack, for the little red dragon familiar.......the one with the giant spike on its head that when it lowers its head looks like its stabbing it self....i rather paid that 35$ on a drake familiar...yes even a "common" over the fabled one i got......cause you know....."fun"........the one and only time I play this game with out serious raiding in mind and just wanna play it for "fun" like people been screaming at me since this games launch.......gotta be honest....small things like this truly sap the "fun".....