Any news on anything?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pantherist, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beee Well-Known Member

There is a better way:
    generate 2 NEW toon, on on live and one on IoR, level it to 10 and transfer instant in any direction :)
    back on live you can use the shared bank for putting the items on your mainchar

sadly it takes a lot of DBC to transfer IoR->Live
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. :-/

One wonders what they get from Discord to rely on it so bloody heavily. >:-/

Uwk
    Pixistik, Desetibrat, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Dagada Member

IoR is live also. Pretty sure even new chars need to spend 30 days before transfer, but haven’t tried it in a while.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

You can generate a new toon on LiveServer- run though Quenos and transfer the 10 minutes old lv 10 toon to IoR for 450 DBC
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Why not save the 450DBC and make the new toon on IoR?
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

450 DBC for earning some million of platins or Kronos with selling transfered items there is a fair deal ;)
    Soara2, Desetibrat, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I understand if you're taking the plat with you, but kronoes are account wide, so they will be on a new toon you create on IoR. I guess it depends on what kronoes are selling for on your server vs. what they're selling for on IoR.
    Soara2, Desetibrat, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  8. Dagada Member

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I have about 80 or so level 31 chars that I instantly transferred to IoR. I thought you were saying you could instantly transfer them off.
  9. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Could not agree more. I gave up on most of it. When I realized my character is just idling onscreen while I'm spending more time on the wiki and forums to figure out runes and adorns, then how to get all the stuff needed for them I lost all interest in trying to break from being a social recluse and begin getting into groups. I know if I joined a group I'd probably be told "Ugh get out you don't have 32 of these orange runes that do this, and 75 of these OTHER orange ones and 95 of the blue ones and omg experiment on your gear and reforge and go grind weapons to convert to essences...

The new players who use that 110 level up. The ones who don't talk in chat or go on forums. I imagine they probably just throw their hands up in disgust and quit.
    That system could be so simplified. The green adorns that level up. There's a perfect system. Make adorns that are slot specific, you can choose what stat to level up and then you have more desire to be active because you're not on some endless tedious grind all day and can still end up doing higher end content. Weapons of certain types could just level over time. There's no need for all the excruciating complicated mess that it currently is.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, people don't look at your gear in that kind of detail. What they DO look at is your Resolve (i.e., is your Resolve high enough for the zone the group is planning to run?) and Potency (you're pretty much ineffective in CD heroics below 65K Potency). If you're a tank, expect to have them look at your Health and Mitigation, too.

You can easily get the Resolve for all heroics, what's more challenging is getting the Potency. The ways to get that Potency can involve orange runes, infusing your gear, and levelling up your Planar Weapons.

There are some detailed posts in the forums here (most are in the thread A Guide to Chaos Descending or else linked from there) that give you all the info you need to figure out how to improve your stats. (There was, at the beginning of this expansion, a bug in Reforging that incorrectly boosted Potency, ignore that info, look instead at runes, infusing, and weapons essence infusing).
  11. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link. I think a long while back I looked at this and it made me throw my hands in the air and flail like Kermit. Now I get a lot of it much better. The MC gear makes a bunch more sense than when I first read this a few weeks ago. I wish I could login because one thing I don't understand is imbuing your tome. I have the recipe to make the higher level tome, but no clue how to imbue it. I don't recall having a recipe that adds that option to it.
    Right now I'm at roughly 55 potency. I need to pay the 10 bucks to get the reforging option. That seems like a big deal. And run my jeweler through the rest of Planes and CD tradeskill sig lines since MC jewelry seems like a big deal. I am probably gonna work at figuring this out on a Wizzie I'm leveling up since I am much more likely to group with that character than my SK because I really do not like tanking lol

EDIT- Holy gods I've had too much coffee today.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Imbuing is not the same thing as infusing. Lower level armor and weapons could be imbued as a separate crafting combine. Infusing requires using a looted or crafted infuser on the item.

Generally, for Chaos Descending you want to use refined rares to make your Mastercrafted (the names are all Academic Something-or-other). This starts you off with a little better stats. I personally experimented every one of 21 pieces of mastercrafted gear five times each to get them to Visionary level, which allowed me to add a little more Potency (three times experimenting) and Stamina (two times experimenting). People were obsessive about this step, because there was an exploit that allowed folks to reforge this experimented Mastercrafted gear that gave it a ton more Potency than reforging was supposed to give (which has been fixed lately). It's up to you whether you are willing to do the experimentation... There are some things that make experimentation easier, though.

So, we have had infusing since Terror of Thalumbra. Everything you might want to know about Equipment Infusing is detailed on the wiki. Basically, click your EQ2 button, then choose Equipment Infusing, and then you can infuse using plat, or you can infuse using looted, purchased, or crafted infusers. This isn't really that onerous to do.

The handcrafted infusers from Twark are cheap to craft and use harvested materials only, so you start with them. Any loot that drops from Thalumbra forward can be Salvaged for Infuser Fragments, which can then be used to craft much better infusers. Missions, quests and mobs can drop infusers in PoP and CD content that can also be used. You had to be a Provisioner (or hire one) to do the first couple of tiers of infusers, but PoP and CD infuser recipes are Artisan so anyone can craft them once they have the recipe.

Reforging is a really helpful tool. It allows you to take stats on an item that you don't need, and reforge them into another stat. It's not the super critical must-do in CD that it was originally, because as I already mentioned, the bug that allowed overreforging Potency has been fixed. I think it's still worth the ten bucks, though.

Having all your armor, jewelry, and weapons Mastercrafted or better is really helpful. If you have every slot filled with Mastercrafted Academic gear, you have enough Resolve for all the heroics and even beginning raids. Where you will be way short is in Potency.
  13. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Ok, so in that guide post you linked me to, is it possible they meant infuse instead of imbuing?
    I'm familiar with imbuing. At lower levels that used to be pretty important, especially when I played on pvp servers. You wanted to squeak out any advantage you could. I infuse everything I have now, so I get that part.
    The short of it is I need to get some MC gear. Now that I can log in I checked and my potency is at 55k and I've not been able to push it further, BUT, now I know how to do that. My resolve is 1169 but now knowing how to do some of these things, I can push that up as well. Leveling weapons is sloooow. I have my main weapon at level 2 lol
    That's an area I screwed up in. I should have held out on something better to dump essences into. :(
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

So yeah, I have to agree, simplifying stats would make this game so much more enjoyable, so long as each class still retains it's unique abilities and skills and such.

My take on the following:

1. Infusers - You max out infuser bonuses on a piece of gear and next thing you know, you are replacing that piece of gear, in essence, trashing all those infusers you already put on the gear. I have never and will never see these as a reward for questing or otherwise.

2. Adornments - You spend an endless amount of time grinding, trying to get mats or currency or recipes, or whatever items you happen to need in that expansion-era, and by the time you finally get your adornments made...they are outdated. Time sink. Not to mention, changes made to these runes, thereby forcibly removing some from your gear (ie@stun, stifle, fear runes used by priests being changed to limit them to belt only, in addition to some other changes).

3. Reforging - Ok, I do see some benefits to reforging, but the time vested in trying to figure out what to reforge into and out of is just immensely annoying and way too time consuming.

4. Green adornments - I actually like these because they level fairly quickly and I can wear them for a long time before they become outdated.

5. Ascensions - While I see this as an effort to turn EVERYONE into mages, I actually enjoy my Ascension skills. The extremely long casting times make some of them seem essentially useless in many cases, but there are certain skills that really seem to make a difference. I think I would prefer some new skills that do the equivalent amount of damage or otherwise that are more class specific, though, especially for melee type classes.

Also, can we please gain new additional hotbars, with the introduction of new skills? Some of my characters have no room left on their hotbars. :/
  15. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Are there more summer quests and are they like the last 2 years? I'm thinking do the 4 accounts for them but I think I missed 2 for 2 years. No idea though. Also do we get more Ascension levels from them?
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I finally got to level 100 (thanks again, Leeroy! :D) and delved into the Crate o' Stuff (not its official name, but you know the one...) next to the first quest giver dude in the Plane of Magic. While the professional Armorer part of Uwk was grumbling mightily over how much of his time was wasted learning to be an Armorer ("Whattaya mean the stuff I can make is useless compared to this??"), there was a rather bloodthirsty Berserker part that was reveling in all the new gear. Went back to try the Newsies quest with the undead rangers who'd been feeding Uwk his tail to him; one-shotted every last one of 'em. ;-> Found the poor octopodes we needed (octopuses in RL aren't aggressive, SOE/DBG; squids, now...) for the ink. Deliberately marched into Ghorkaal right up to the Dark Elves and picked off the yellow level ones just for fun, got the magic book and bottle, walked out. Dealt with the yellow level irritants in the castle, trying to stop me using the printer ("Off with you before I call the salespeople! If you're too cheap to get a printer of your own, you'll have to share!"). OMG, it was soooooo gratifyingly easy now. ;->

And I will say this about the gear in the Crate o' Stuff: it's very simple, straightforward, and easy to understand and use. Compared to what I had been using, it was like the other stuff I'd been using was cardboard and this was like depleted uranium tank armor (and weapons, let's not forget the weapons!), even without adding any adornments, or runes, or whatevers. Of course, it might not hold up well in level 110 areas, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. ;->

EDIT: I've undoubtedly asked this before and had it answered, so those of you who have, first, THANK YOU! :D and second, bear with me: is all this Resolve and Potency and This and That and The Other really necessary if you're just doing solo stuff and not caring about raiding or even a lot of grouping? Are the various instances we'll need to do possible to get through without being the equivalent of a Celestial from the MCU (not that I don't kind of feel that way right now... ;->)?

Uwk
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Uwk, first off, if your character is lvl 110, Mastercrafted armor is better than the stuff you get out of the crate in the Myrist Library and better than any overland zone stuff you loot, so be proud that your armorer has leveled up, to be able to craft this stuff when you get to that point.

Secondly, Potency and Resolve are both very important, in the current expansion, if you want to kill things with ease. Not quite as important with the trash in the overland zones, but more important for the named mobs and especially for the instances. If you have a ranger that can view the beasties stats, look at the resolve of the beastie. If your resolve is equal to or less than the beastie's, you can be sure the fight will take a while. :)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You really have no choice but to infuse if you are doing heroic or raid content in CD. It's not that hard to get the infusers made... I make a bunch of Twark handcrafted infusers, then I make a bunch of PoP handcrafted weapons and salvage those to get fragments from which to make Planar infusers. It's easy.

Yes, you have to do it again every time you upgrade gear.

Adornments have been around for ages now, at least since Velious. You can get Celestial orange adorns just running CD solos, where they drop as loot. When starting out n CD, go to the Myrist Library Foyer and raid Tishan's Lock Box. Harvest the adornments from the armor there to get a good starting set of adorns. Also, go see the panda Yun'Zi near the Spire in Sundered Frontier and do his simple exploration quests and you can get some nice adorns there, too.

So, once you are running heroics, any loot you get that you don't need, transmute, It doesn't take long to get the materials for the nice Celestial white adorns, or for Witness [VII], Juxtaposition [VII]... but hopefully you craft if you want the [VII] runes, because those need an Essence of Chaos that only results from crafting missions.

Say what? Did you just call yourself lazy and unable to think? Knowing what stats do and do not benefit your class is elementary, and necessary... how do you decide what new gear to get without this knowledge?

Look yourself up on DragonsArmory.com. It will show you your stats, hover over a stat to find out what it does and what the soft/hard caps are. Stats where you are overcap are shown in yellow (over soft cap) or red (over hard cap). Those would be good candidates for stats to reforge into something more useful. Casters don't need melee stats, so a caster is going to reforge those into something more useful like casting speed. Tanks might want more block, strikethrough, and so forth. This is not rocket science.

They don't necessarily level fast... it depends on how a specific green adorn levels. Different greens use different methods for levelling. But I just recently replaced my KA raid green adorns with some PQ greens and raid greens, so you're right that they can last quite a while.

There are orange adorns that speed up Ascension casting times (Rune: Planar Ascension).

Also, higher-quality Ascensions work better. You start with Apprentice. Scholars can make Journeyman, Expert, and Grandmaster upgrades from reasonably common materials. You will need to get the Illegible Scroll Pages for your Adepts and Masters to be crafted.

However, DPS is damage per second, so some of your profession spells/combat arts may actually be better DPS because they cast faster and can be cast more often. This is why it's important to work out the efficiency of each spell and set up your casting order from most efficient to least efficient.

The devs have said adamantly that there will be no additional hotbars.

Luckily, if you work out your spell efficiencies, you will see that about half your regular spells/combat arts are worthless and you can take them off your hotbars. Ditto Ascensions... there are some Ascension spells that aren't worth using in each of the four Ascensions.

I like to have my buffs visible so I know when I have been debuffed, so I make macros that each contain two of my regular buffs. That halves the number of hotbar spaces needed for those spells.

For widgets that you click to cast, or that you have to put on, cast, and take off, the best tool I have seen is DarqUI's Gear Buff Macro Bar. That can free up several hotbar spaces.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  19. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Don't worry, when you get to that bridge you'll find a new and improved Crate o' Stuff. :> And the first thing you'll want to do when you get your shiny new armor (and weapons) is go back to the panda in Sundered Frontier and do his new list of travel quests for upgraded stuff from the year before, especially the divine points.

Actually, you said you just hit 100 so maybe you haven't done the first set. If you haven't, that is what you should doing now. Go see Yun Zi by the wizard spires in Sundered Frontier. Doing his travel quests opens up all his rewards for you and all your alts on the same account.

For solo stuff you won't need to worry about resolve. You'll want to concentrate on your potency; the more you have, the easier it will get. Don't worry about grouping for a while. As you get the new harvests and recipes, you will be able to put your Armorer back to work making new Mastercrafted gear for yourself. Make sure you use refined rares for that extra 10% to stats and then experimenting to get more potency and maybe some stamina is also nice. Wouldn't hurt to do the same for your jewelry and other gear too. Yes, they made crafters useful again. :>
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

Uwk you are like me I think, and if I remember right you haven't bought the new expansion yet so you'll be doing POP expansion correct? I know you don't group or raid so you will be just fine with the stuff from the crate you don't need to worry about potency until CD. As you progress through the quest and stuff you will get better stuff than what was in the crate. Of course the better you get the faster the mob goes down. I think I actually made the mastercrafted armor and it was better than the crate stuff, so if you have enough rares I suggest doing the mastercrafted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.