Any interest for a new progression guild?

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by zerkd, May 6, 2021.

1. zerkd New Member

Hey all,

I was thinking of running a new level locking progression guild if there is enough interest.
    Just doing a temperature check out there. I was thinking Maj Dul for the server since it seems to have highest pop.

What the guild would be -

Must level lock to respected lvl of current xpac
    All AA's allowed
    No mercs in raids
    All gear should be allowed. (this could change)
    All zones open to xp/quest in, just no killing raid targets in our current era.
    Must be able to listen in discord

Level locking for each expansion to clear all raid targets and completing the quest timelines (optional)
    So for classic would be 50 or 52, DoF would be 60 or 62 and so on. We wouldn't spend much time in classic since the gear drops are not the greatest. Raid times would be something like twice or three times a week from like 8pm - 11pm PST (tentative)

I know there is a new PVP TLE server coming out but I have no interest in that.

This isn't going to be a rushed environment though, I want it to be laid back and chill so everyone can see all of the game and not just rush to max lvl to raid. To me Everquest has always been about the journey and the friends you make along the way and that's how I'd like this guild to be. Admittedly I haven't played eq2 in a few years due to real life but I have some more time now and ready for a new adventure.

Would love to hear feedback though for better options.

Hope to get this rolling soon.

-Zerkd
  2. Nilyana Active Member

I'd be interested, especially if it's on Maj'Dul. Willing to roll on any server, tho. Been waiting for a new PVE TLE server, too, but doesn't seem like there will be one anytime soon.
  3. zerkd New Member

Nice! yah, MD seems like the best server to do this. All the other ones seem to be ghost towns. The next new server is the PVP server which starts in KOS which im not a huge pvp fan. Ill try to get a discord set up if you want to msg me your info.
  4. Nadanya New Member

I would be very interested. Pleade messsage me if you still are looking for more people.
  5. Spectre Active Member

I ran a level locked progression guild years ago on Butcherblock called "Madcap" (which is now Maj Dul). Everyone had a great time! "Rewind" has one on AB which I hear does okay.

Nostalgic and new players will always fit the slots if done right. I would suggest the following:
    1) Keep it fun. Too many rules and people lose interest. (Most players are going to join more to see the zones than the challenge)
    2) Keep it to 1 day a week raiding so not to offset peoples' main guild raid days.
    3) Spend time grouping with the new players. They learn and stay loyal ;)

In my opinion going through the old raid zones is always a lot of fun. People have no clue how many raids/contested mobs there were and miss a lot of content that kept players like me playing since 2004.
  6. Zedicus New Member

I'd be interested in joining. I haven't played in years and was wanting to come back and start over.
  7. Ketzerei84 New Member

I'd been looking forward to new pve TLE(right, in my dreams) mostly to raid most of the content I missed(realistically I never raided after the desert expac so... that's quite a lot) so this perks my interest right up. I have a... very low level zerker on Maj'Dul(this was actually my very first class, when zerks were evil only... I betrayed a woody guardian to become one) and this nostalgia trip sounds right up my alley. However... I'm an active EQ1 raider, with a m/w/th EST raid schedule so... let's see how your schedule pans out before I commit :)
  8. zerkd New Member

It’s nice to see some interest in this. Please msg me your discord info if you’re interested.
  9. Rarden_eq2 New Member

This guild up and running? Could be very interested in joining.
  10. zerkd New Member

not yet, but send me your discord info and i'll keep you posted.
  11. Trynbuy Member

let me know when the Guild starts. Not quite sure about the discord info and how to get it to you
  12. Pavidus Member

Launch discord. Go to the discord settings (Gear towards bottom of app) under username it should have your name with a # followed by some numbers. You can send him a private message with the Name#1234 and he can add you on discord for contacting through discord.
  13. zerkd New Member

bump, have a small group ready to rock. Please PM me if interested.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

Interested dependant on days. Already reached out to you on discord, just putting this here so folks know there's growing interest.
  15. zerkd New Member

Appreciate you, we actually have the guild formed up and are lvl 53 now with a guild hall. Come join our discord if interested.

https://discord.gg/dRNtCnrq