Any info on expansion 14?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SynnikuL, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SynnikuL Active Member

Trying to figure out whether to buy Kunark Ascending or wait and just get upcoming one. Is it on schedule to come out towards the end of the year as per their usual schedule?
  2. Anaogi Well-Known Member

They have been very close-lipped so far.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Someone usually finds it from copyright filings or something. it will be a couple months anyway, so if you want to try and get ready for a few months.

Look around at some of the current issues before you decide.
    Neiloch and SynnikuL like this.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

The only indication that they have given is that there are things from KA that will carry over, like Ascension levels. So if you try to bypass KA it sounds like you're gonna have a 3 month catch up just to start the expansion, unless they remove the gating mechanic on ascension.
    SynnikuL likes this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Announced:
    • Level Cap raise to 110
    • Major revamp of Class Balance
    I'd expect it Tuesday a week before Thanksgiving, as it has been almost every year for the last 8 years.
  6. KythosMeltdown Active Member

They also mentioned it being more alt friendly.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly they're also reducing the number of class specific spells you have by combining some spells together with the level increase.. you'll also have to go in order for spell upgrades like with ascension and epic spells. I.E. you can't just go from App to Master, you must go from App to JM to Adept etc
    SynnikuL likes this.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Where did you see that?
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's called The Rise of Rattatobey! Off to Luclin we go!
    Jrox, Mizgamer62, Shmogre and 3 others like this.
  10. Gninja Developer

You guys know better than to believe a rat!
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I hear Rats make good cooks though.. was that also a lie?!?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Gninja Developer

Cookies not cooks
    Mizgamer62, Griffon Lady and Scrappyz like this.
  13. Uxtalzon Active Member

I have a Ratonga feet fetish and I convince some players to jump up and down next to me so I can listen to their "Nyeh! Nyuh!" sounds.

Please be real.
  14. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Jrox, SynnikuL, Mizgamer62 and 4 others like this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Will we get ratonga mounts wearing eye patches with wee sacks of cheese tied around their necks?
    Scrappyz and Prissetta like this.
  16. SynnikuL Active Member

Great, thanks for info everyone!
  17. Altho Well-Known Member

Will our old spells have any use at all, or are all being replaced with the new stuff?
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

I can't imagine all spells being completely changed. I would like to think it will mainly just be some of the spells that have been "Outdated/Unuseful" combined and reworked on the tooltips to make them more valid and useful. I remember talk about utility spells being combined and some older dps spells that seem out of whack being reworked mentioned in the discussions. But I do not believe the intention is to change 100% of spells, that would be a considerable waste of the devs time and efforts. Can you imagine the outcry if all spells were changed or merged in some way. OMG people would lose their minds in here rofl.

Just sayin...
    santargria, Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The make it readily apparent that we cannot believe the rat, by making the rat make my BROOM MOUNT.

Cyrrena
  20. Ryuken Active Member

It's the anticipated Planar Power expansion where ttobey made all the models and animations.

The Return of Terris Thule et al