Any how-to videos on how to record videos? ;->

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There probably are a few here and there, but I haven't been able to track many/any down just using the Search function...and iirc, the ones I'm remembering might be from quite a few years ago. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Ayonic New Member

OBS. It's a free software for pcs that can record & stream. You'll want to look up a YouTube video on how to get the recording settings best for your computer.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

If you do a search for things I have posted there is a thread called Helpful Tips(<--- or click that link). There is even a link on the second posting of "The Decorator's Resource (Guides and Links)" stickied thread. There is a video for a different software near beginning but that one I don't recommend. Also, there is info about OBS Studio. Kinda old but it should work. There are loads of helpful videos on YouTube, too. If I get time, I will try to do new videos during the Extra Life marathon.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries, and thanks! :D

You shouldn't have to be the only videographer these days, especially with health concerns still around! /hugs

Teach me not to review deeper into the Resource list... ;->

Ah! Starts at post #17. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

6. Oldpoint Well-Known Member

OBS is very handy and useful. On the other hand, I am using the build-in video record function provided by Nvidia graphic card. It consumes relatively less computer resource. I don't experience any lag or frame rate drop by it while recording. It also has an unique function which can keep running to record the last 20min game/screen play. So, will not missing any wonderful game moment.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow! What's the specifics of your NVIDIA card? I might have something like that on mine; I know you've been doing videos for years, and they've always been very good and very exciting! :D

Uwk
    Oldpoint and Breanna like this.
  8. Oldpoint Well-Known Member

I am now using RTX2060 while GTX1060 also work on my previous computer. For video editing, i use Hitfilm which has a free version. Let's get start~
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am running NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz with 32 gig ram. Working on getting a new rig which will be AMD. Getting way more space to store stuff so I can go back to taking screenshots instead of using one of the three images youtube picks. Got 2 items so far. Know it won't be NVIDIA video card this time, otherwise would look into Hitfilm. Friend told me about another video tool, but I have to find where I put that info.
    Oldpoint and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Oldpoint Well-Known Member

11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member