Any decent channeler guide out there?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Seffrid, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seffrid Active Member

I dare say the class was well discussed on the beta forum, but seeing as we can't read those posts now I'm a bit stuck. For a game that has been incredibly dumbed down over the years in order to simplify everything and hand it to new players on a plate, the channeler class thus far (I'm level 10) seems particularly poorly explained.

At level 10, for example, I got notified of a load of new abilities and skills with no explanation of what they were or where I could find them. Essence and dissonance are words I've seen associated with the class but where's the explanation of what exactly they relate to? Even when descriptions are given they're confusing - apparently I can get essence when health is below 25% - but it doesn't say whether that's the mob's heath, the construct's, or mine, and it took me a while to track down where the new essence-related skills I had gained were hiding!

Probably just a case of me being dumb, but is there a guide anywhere that explains in detail what the class is about? Even the update notes seem silent on the class other than the fact that it has been introduced.
    Guiscard, Feara and Feldon like this.
  2. Sharp Shooter Member

I have gotten two Essence's. A bear Claw which helps attacks - and feline shoulders that help heal 4%. That is as much as I have figured out so far,.
  3. Kinjiru New Member

I believe that the essences come from exactly the same animals that Beastlords can tame. I've seen no evidence that it's any different, which is a shame. Not being able to take anything useful from a shark, a rhino or an elephant is unfortunate.
  4. Seffrid Active Member

Thanks for the comments.

I got Avian Essence from a sparrowhawk in Antonica. It gives the construct a low dps attack but unfortunately it's AoE so even if I only pull a single mob the first use of it by the construct will pull everything else into the fight.
  5. sturmkattenz New Member

So far the channeler seems kind of simplistic. Barrage and healing barrage over and over. It gets amusing once you get into the prestige AA's and I'm only starting to explore that.

Taking the AA that gives you a 16% chance to group heal on a hit coupled with your pet's ability to protect you from damage will allow you to kite mobs. Once combined with Healing Barrage, I found that post level 90 I could go into the older zones like Everlight Abbey / MM and round up the groups of mobs and run in circles around them 'barraging'. It reminded me of kiting as a druid in EQ1.

But, while survivability is great. DPS is still low. Way low. Unacceptably low. But, perhaps I can find a solution with some more play time and some gear. Running in circles to get the movement bonus seems like a lot of work for a bit more damage but it's kind of fun.
  6. The Jones Active Member

I'm glad i'm not the only one noticing the low DPS. In full ToV quest gear my DPS is pretty bad. I bet my unreforged CoE geared healers could all out-dps my channeler and I don't think that's how it's supposed to be.
  7. OMGZORZ New Member

channeler the class that sounded cool but actually kinda sucks....
  8. Indoctrination Active Member

The damage potential is there, it's just that you can't really do it at the same time as healing anything that requires something besides hitting healing arrow on cooldown.
  9. DanzMacabre New Member

I have noticed, it might have been a strange coincidence, but when trying to channel an essence from a mob, and I failed, I got this buff that supposedly helps focus. Well after that, I failed repeatedly until I clicked the buff off and then had no further problems.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

I am hoping that Feldon does a guide just like the great beast lord guide he has on EQ2Wire. That was a god-send when I decided to fiddle around with a BL when they were added to the game.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I was not able to make a backup of the Tears of Veeshan beta forums before they were blown away. So all that knowledge has gone down the drain. The Beastlord guide I had posted started from a post by Whilhelmina on the AoD beta forums which I was able to salvage on my PC (but not anywhere public). Suffice it to say, next year for the expansion, I will have a complete backup of the Beta forums on my site. Then nobody can take that knowledge away from us.
    Guiscard and Feara like this.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Thats really sad to hear Feldon. :(

My best friend who came back decided to make a BL and the very first thing I did was send him an email with the links to your site and the guides.
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Indoctrination Active Member

I'm not really interested in doing a guide to channeler but if you are planning on doing so Feldon and have questions, I'll answer to the best of my abilities. I've been playing channeler since like the 3rd day of open beta and am now playing one as my raid main in my guild. Actually the questions thing goes for everyone. I'm usually in guk.channelers if you have questions, or you can send a tell on Freeport to Equilor.
    Feldon, Guiscard and Feara like this.
  14. Warlord Greebo New Member

Because having a construct so badass that you are a tank with healing of a minor warden, and the survivability of a minor sk... and have the aggro so badass that you cant use your vet merc because you do so much dmg the merc cant hold aggro..
    yah it sucks to be king:)
  15. SOE-MOD-02 Member

Please do not bring old threads back to life. It tends to stink up the forums. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.