Any chance we can get an Ethereal exchange merchant?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Thundercloud, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Thundercloud Active Member

Any chance we can get an Ethereal exchange merchant? The drops are so freaking rare was wondering if you can install a merchant that can exchange Ethereals
    Crychtonn likes this.
  2. Nidy Member

Rather they put the ethereals in loot boxes like they used to be. Trade no trade whatever. Much better then one drops, need then /q that happens all day on the main servers. Kind of puts a damper on the pugging now a days.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

This issue can be resolved through further gameplay. (tm)
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Caramell New Member

Can we please make this happen? Getting stuck with an ethereal you can't even give away (channeler bow) really sucks if you don't even have the class.
  5. Tyman Active Member

You on freeport? I will take the bow off your hands haha.

Honestly though, the way the ethereals are handled is pretty bad and there definitely needs to be something to make it a little less agonizing.
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Carni Active Member

I'd chime in for putting the ethereals where they belong (in quest crates after missions), also could we have some 20k etyma clickie items put in? Racked up a scary amount during the 2 weeks I cared about tryin to get an ethereal weapon. I still make use of that ToV clickie hat every day, the 3 hour buff is nice to have.
  7. Aeadiin New Member

There is an Ethereal exchange merchant currently. It's called the broker.
    Foretold likes this.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

AB is the only server with a high enough population to make the Broker a viable way to exchange ethereals and get what you want.

I currently have a priest Ethereal on Guk I've been trying to trade for 2 weeks with no success. We got it in a guild group with me on my alt healer because no one else was around. Rather then wasting it on my alt we decided to try and trade it for a scout or mage ethereal so someone in the groups main could get one. If I had the DBC for two transfer tokens I'd go to AB to make a trade but I don't and I'm not spending real life cash for it.

Hell I'd drop plat to get some transfer tokens but they can't be gifted (what I was told) and no one ever sells DBC cards for plat anymore. I wish they'd add the transfer tokens to the loyalty merchant. Then I'd have something to spend my 500+ loyalty tokens on.
  9. Caramell New Member

Bump.

Like Cryctonn said, can we pretty please get some method of exchanging out ethereals? I've been trying for 2 weeks now to trade the channeler bow for any other ethereal, with no success.
  10. Thundercloud Active Member

11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I do hope you're not trying to get current Ethereals from ToV zones. cause they won't drop there. they only drop in the AoM/Rum Cellar/EoF fabled zones.
  12. Carni Active Member

No worries, I'm not -))
  13. Lilahh New Member

Bump! Please
  14. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Ethereals affect such a small percentage of the population it would be a waste of dev resources to bother. It would be much better to stop putting ethereals in the game at all.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Talking about it here won't do much. I went ahead and created a DBG Issue Tracker Ticket for this (Ticket EQII-137). If you want this considered, go upvote the issue. You can also comment there.
  16. Nkito Well-Known Member

i know everyone's tired of hearing it but these are supposed to be rare, and special, and get our mouths watering for the next campaign release. an exchange merchant would make them a bit less unique imo. on top of that it would give every person a reason to "need" on them.