Any chance to get Troub's Countersong to suck less?

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo, Jul 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Here is the ability being named.
    [IMG]

I don't even care that troub's do less dps in the exact same gear as dirges. I don't care that dirges buff 3 classes better than we do while we buff 1 class better than they do. I don't care that we don't buff ourselves like dirges do. I don't care that the gear helps a dirge significantly more. I don't care that we still have power draining spells. But come on. Our level 80 unique ability pictured above that is supposed to compete with Gravitas?
    Thats complete crap, and it's been this way since it went in with one exception; when it went in, the description said that it would ONLY reduce the damage of the next spell and if the mob cast a combat art we were out 213 power and a 10 minute cool down. Seeing as the abilities effects do not state that it reduces combat arts as well as spells, I honestly believe that it does't reduce combat arts. If it does actually reduce combat arts and spells, is it really that much to ask that someone take the time to change the effects description to be accurate? Nevermind the power draining spells we still have, I'd just at least like to be able to see exactly what the spell does even if it does nothing in most cases.
    Even if it doesn't change from what it is currently, 10 minute base reuse? Seriously just delete the ability from our books and save the space on the servers; it might increase performance by an unquatifiable amount that will never be seen by a single player which is more than what Countersong does 99.99% of the time.
    My suggestion: Change countersong to reduce all of the mob's combat art and spell damage for 5 seconds by 75% at master ability, leave the 10 minute cool down, and the 3 minute immunity, maybe up the power cost to 350. THAT would get used and it would make short durration big spike damage from mobs much more survivable similar to the way gravitas allows healers to cope with damage much better for a short durration. If thats too much to ask for, then at minimum drop the recast timer to something reasonable, make the casting time 1 second, and make it truely effect combat arts AND spells, and imo take off the immunity because reducing one spell is not worth putting the immunity effect on mobs. The immunity effect is just one more thing for the server to keep track of which would consequently create a tiny bit more extra lag and for what purpose? To stop a second troub from using a spell that never gets used incase the first one didn't get cast exactly right to effect the big inc aoe?
    Edit: The reason this is being posted here is because the troub forum is dead. Completely. Anything we post on there is ignored completely and with the exception of the two times a red name posted on the "BROKEN AA'S AND SPELLS" thread and the cookie cutter cut and paste sticky for SF, it's been dev-free for years. Even getting the thread moved and getting a messege from a red name that it's been moved is more attention than troub forum as a whole gets.
    Edit #2: Just for what it's worth, if the next ability cast is blocked, parried, misses, or what ever, it still counts as landing countersong "successfully". The point being to keep in mind how many attacks actually land and what that translates into for usefullness on combat arts or in content outside of an aoe from a raid mob.
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

A full week later and not even a single comment? Wow, this must have been a total slam dunk post.

3rd question asked by EQ2Wire to xelgad in their interview:
    Sir, I would like to see some proof in the form of a comment ANYWHERE on the boards because seriously there has been a number of posts about very valid concerns and we're seeing less response from red names than before, and there are other bombshells being dropped like the following:
    Xelgad wrote:
    This type of thing reinforces the fact that our concerns about proper attention being given to the places in need are indeed valid. I'm not asking for a response to every post by every person on the forum, but rather if something does come up that is a valid and reasonable would it really kill you or anyone to post just once every week or two or four on something even if it's like "I'll pull some data on the said topic" or even "It is on the list of things to being looked into, just no promises about when." Even if it's only on the threads that get a lot of posts or responses or if it's nothing more than to drop in and say "We're aware of the problem but it's not slated for a while".
    Anything at all just so that it's not like we're talking to a dead forum thats filled with complaints unheard. You said you read all of these posts, I'm asking for a simple maybe 30 second gesture of good faith because really thats all the majority of us want is to know that it is actually getting seen and heard. The scout general discussion is more dead than all other class forums, so I figure this is as good of a place as any to put this to make sure it doesn't get burried.