Any chance of a new Flying appearance mount?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Exagon, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Exagon Guest

Right now the best mount in terms of PVE stats I have comes from the easymode skyshrine underdepths zone. It has 28% critical chance & 8% critical bonus & potency, along with 1k or so hp/mana. I hate the appearance of it, and even find it more difficult to manoeuvre my character (tank) on it.. As such, i've been forced to buy flying wings to hide it, which I also dislike, but find easy to move around with.
    My only other option at this point is a flying carpet.. which I wouldn't mind at all, but not a fan of the only one there is up there at the moment :(
    Would suggest flying disks (?) but I guess that would take away from 8 year veterans..
    Anyway, another carpet, or something else, please?
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Huh?! There are a skadzilion flying mounts available these days!
    Gryphons
    Racial Self-Flight Abilities
    Pegasi
    Flying Disks
    Mechanical Conveyances
    Wings
    Drakes
    Flying War-Boar
  3. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

There are also flying disks from the Aether race sometimes up in Thundering steps:
    There are three you can recieve based on who runs the race Purple from GMs (Rare and typically shorter time period)
    Gold from Customer service and Green from the Guides.
    I tried to provide the links but none of them worked sorry.
  4. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

I'll agree with the OP in the distaste of the drakes and griffons. I have the drake drop from heroic UD and I only use it in raids as I don't like the annimation when using it in the air or on the ground. Same as with the griffons.
    The 8 year vet reward disks work nicely in the appearance slot though.
    As for as SOE making more flying mounts I doubt anything new will come soon. They just released the new pegasus models and will most likely just keep updating current fyling mounts via SC.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

ttobey wrote:
    ZAM thinks there's one, but I never found any drop info... maybe an April Fool rumor?
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I just checked it, have no idea where you GET it:
    [IMG]
    Click to view full-size image
  8. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

If that thing ever gets looted there are going to be A LOT of 'when pigs fly' promises requesting to be fulfilled.
  9. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

How about a Flying Squirrel that can actually fly and not just glide.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

[IMG]Novusod wrote:
  11. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    I raise that by 3 extra large furballs! [for common curtesy pics not provided]
    Come on - let us have the Squirrels as appearance for flying mounts. The gliding ani is good enough in my book.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

I know it'd be some changes for the already stretched thin team, but..
    You had me at "flying squirrel". :D
  13. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    I would name him Rocky.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

If we're going with musical squirrels, can mine be Amadeus?
    Oh-oh-oh Amadeus.
  15. ARCHIVED-Opeij Guest

ttobey wrote:
    I want a flying moose. I'd name him Bullwinkle.
  16. ARCHIVED-aislynn00 Guest

How about permitting us to use the various non-flying disc mounts from Sentinel's Fate as flying appearance mounts? They sure as hell look a lot better--and more discrete!--than anything currently available, including the Veteran Reward discs, and it would look perfectly reasonable to fly around on one of those.
  17. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

The thing that has always amused me is that the pegasus is shod while the ground horses aren't. :)
    But I'd love to see different coloured and marked pegasus. Also maybe a little less chunky? It just doesn't make sense to me that something that flies would be that muscular, yet the ground horses are slender. I think the only ones who are as muscular are the Rime, the Withered Lands transport, Roan...and about two or three others I've seen.
    Anyhow, I'd love to have the above, an appearance mount for fliers...be it a differently coloured pegasus, a smaller dragon, something that will be a bit less bulky.
  18. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

ttobey wrote:
    So does that mean you are going to make us a real "flying squirrel?"